Compustar Quirk?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compustar Quirk?

Hi everyone,

Just got a compustar pro w/ idatalink blade installed in my car. It's an '08 tl-s 6-sp. Everything is working fine, except for 1 thing that is kind of irritating. I'm not sure if it's by design, or a setting I can change.

When you take the keys out of the ignition, the car stays as on until you get out and close the doors. When the doors close, the car shuts off and locks the door. There is then a tune that plays on the 2-way remote stating your car's locked. Is there any way to turn this off? I'd rather shut the door and lock it myself with no annoying tune!

The car will not do this if reservation mode is not in place. If I take the keys out and press the brakes, reservation mode is canceled and I have to lock the car myself.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Codename Duchess

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by AVongsana
Hi everyone,

Just got a compustar pro w/ idatalink blade installed in my car. It's an '08 tl-s 6-sp. Everything is working fine, except for 1 thing that is kind of irritating. I'm not sure if it's by design, or a setting I can change.

When you take the keys out of the ignition, the car stays as on until you get out and close the doors. When the doors close, the car shuts off and locks the door. There is then a tune that plays on the 2-way remote stating your car's locked. Is there any way to turn this off? I'd rather shut the door and lock it myself with no annoying tune!

The car will not do this if reservation mode is not in place. If I take the keys out and press the brakes, reservation mode is canceled and I have to lock the car myself.

Thanks in advance
Is your car a manual?

If it is, that is how reservation mode is set. Now, if you want you can turn the remote to vibrate and it won't chirp.

If you are talking about the car staying running, it has to do that to be in remote start mode for the manual. That way it "sees" the door close w/ the car running and knows it is safe to remote start.

If the car is an auto, that is the turbo timer mode and can be turned off via the remote.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Don't you have an owner's manual for the remote? The answer to you question is in there.

Can't speak for CS, but the DEI remote can be set for tones, no tones, vibrate.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DiamondJoeQuimby
Is your car a manual?

If it is, that is how reservation mode is set. Now, if you want you can turn the remote to vibrate and it won't chirp.

If you are talking about the car staying running, it has to do that to be in remote start mode for the manual. That way it "sees" the door close w/ the car running and knows it is safe to remote start.

If the car is an auto, that is the turbo timer mode and can be turned off via the remote.
As posted, it is a 6sp. I knew turning the remote to vibrate would stop the chirp, but I like hearing the confirmations for the lock/unlock, just not the sing-song tune. Guess I will have to live with it. Used to have a turbo'd car w/ turbo timer so I have no issues with the car running after. Thanks for your confirmations!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Codename Duchess

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by AVongsana
As posted, it is a 6sp. I knew turning the remote to vibrate would stop the chirp, but I like hearing the confirmations for the lock/unlock, just not the sing-song tune. Guess I will have to live with it. Used to have a turbo'd car w/ turbo timer so I have no issues with the car running after. Thanks for your confirmations!
sorry, reading comprehension owns my face.