Clean Sweep short circuit

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 03:02 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clean Sweep short circuit

ok so i wanted to add some subs to my car (06) and a friend told me to get a cleansweep (yes i know big mistake). so we connected it but its causing a short circuit and am wondering where the problem could be. i got some picture to show how we connected this peice of shit. if anyone can perhaps solve the problem or any other remedy such as even getting rid of the thing please let me know. id like to keep the cleansweep if possible but im tired of my battery being drain because of a mistake we made some where.

i went crazy reading what some people said about the pin connectors. if im correct, i have things properly connected at the 20 pin connector which is the BIGGER GRAY one for me and the SMALLER BLACK 14 pin is the one with the remote out.

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/aimmaster/library/

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

on the left fuse pannel, my cousin connected this for me using taps. im not sure exactly what is going on there but he works for a cab company connecting electrical units so i trust him but he could have made a mistake.

so i know the shortage is coming from the radio because i was pulling fuses and using a light tester until i found that the radio fuse was the one that had something going on.

[IMG][/IMG]
here are the schematics i used. i got them from Azine
Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: White
Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow/Red
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Black
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Red/Blue
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: Yellow/Green
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Red/Yellow
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: The factory amplifier is located in the driver kick panel (next to the glove box).
Front Speakers Size: N/A
Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown
Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Red

@ the Stereo Amplifier in the passenger kick panel in the 20 pin Black & White connector

RF+ Black
RF- Gray
LF+ Green
LF- Blue
C+ Brown
C- Greeen w/White
RR+ Orange
RR- Red
LR+ White
LR- Yellow
SW+ Red w/Blue
SW- White w/Green

Remote Turn-on -> Red w/Yellow
Amp Mute -> Yellow w/Green

again if anyone can please help with this. ive read about the LOC on here and am just thinking of buying one and saying fuck the cleansweep. but again it was $200 and im a student so id like to keep things as affordable as possible.

Last edited by aimmaster; 06-10-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
Sell the cleansweep and use a LOC
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
sorry, i have no direct answer for you
if you had gone through all the colors and made sure it's all good, then the problem is on the power end most likely

the 2 issues with this setup that are apparent to me

cleansweep itself (why would you need it if you have full range available at pre-amp, and if all you wanted to do is "add subs" then an LOC at the sub leads in the rear deck is ALL you needed to hook up a mono amp)
so, like the post above says - consider selling the CS, for what you're doing you don't need it

the other issue is the quick splice clips you're using ...

the are easy to use, but that's where all the benefits end
they use aluminum blades to make contact with wires, with a very high probability of cutting the wires on both guest and host as well as presenting a structural integrity problem if the wires will get bent while tucking away or moving them
on top of all the physical issues there is a chemical one, aluminum will oxidize with time and may loose the contact with wires

so, i's a gamble at best
try to solder and shrink wrap all your connections once you've settled on the components
Old 06-12-2013, 07:39 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i said fuck it with the cleansweep. ill try to sell and. i just put a LOC andi'll put my speakers in when i have more money to do it correctly.