Can't play DVD music - TL 2006

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 08:19 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't play DVD music - TL 2006

Hey guys,

I recently bought an Acura TL 2006, and I have trouble using the DVD audio to play music. I have a bunch of songs on my computer, that I want to be able to play in the car.(Songs are produced by me, don't give me the illegal downloading talk please). I google searched the topic a bit, downloaded a bunch of software that claims it can make DVD audio discs(Matrioshka, DVD Author and all of those) I got a few viruses on my computer, but nothing works. Every burned DVD comes up in the car as invalid format. The last thing I read was that the radio reads only WAV files, so I converted my songs to the WAV format and again burned them on DVD audio disc using Roxio disc creator - again the same story "Invalid format". Having burned 10+ DVD discs with different software I kind of lost hope that I will get it to work, but I figured I will do a last try and ask in acura forum. Any idea how to make a proper disc that my car would be able to play? I bought a cassete with AUX cable which kind of works playing off my phone, but I much rather have several discs in the radio than dealing with phone connections cables and all of those stuff. Thanks for you answers in advice!
Old 03-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 489 Likes on 373 Posts
I might be wrong as I have '08 TL, but the radio supports DVD only in "DVD audio" format. Confusing part is that it's actually separate format, like mp3 and wav . It's pretty much dead, doesn't support compression, support 5.1 sound.

From my experience DVD audio disk 4.7gb can hold similar amount of songs as 700mb cd with 320kb/s mp3 disc. So if '06 supports mp3 files, use Cd'-RW disc (one that can be erased, if you want to add/delete songs in the future).

You can also give a try to Adobeman's DVDA. It didn't work on my Windows 10, forcing me to use Windows XP in the virtual machine.
It's slow and sometimes fail for unknown reason but I created couple disc (before putting nexus tablet in my car). There's a Adobeman's thread somewhere in this forum. Try search.
The following users liked this post:
Evgeni Ralev (03-29-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 12:49 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by peter6
I might be wrong as I have '08 TL, but the radio supports DVD only in "DVD audio" format. Confusing part is that it's actually separate format, like mp3 and wav . It's pretty much dead, doesn't support compression, support 5.1 sound.

From my experience DVD audio disk 4.7gb can hold similar amount of songs as 700mb cd with 320kb/s mp3 disc. So if '06 supports mp3 files, use Cd'-RW disc (one that can be erased, if you want to add/delete songs in the future).

You can also give a try to Adobeman's DVDA. It didn't work on my Windows 10, forcing me to use Windows XP in the virtual machine.
It's slow and sometimes fail for unknown reason but I created couple disc (before putting nexus tablet in my car). There's a Adobeman's thread somewhere in this forum. Try search.
Thank you for the answer.

I actually solved the problem.. The solution was in the type of DVD disc. Apparently I first both DVD+R discs, and the car doesn't like them, so no matter which software I used it came up as invalid. I read another discussion online about the problem, and one guy said that some dvd players play only DVD-R discs, I decided to try went in my nearest store and got DVD-R discs the first disc I burned worked!
Old 03-29-2017, 12:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...er-dvd-594798/
The following users liked this post:
Adobeman (04-06-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Evgeni Ralev
Thank you for the answer.

I actually solved the problem.. The solution was in the type of DVD disc. Apparently I first both DVD+R discs, and the car doesn't like them, so no matter which software I used it came up as invalid. I read another discussion online about the problem, and one guy said that some dvd players play only DVD-R discs, I decided to try went in my nearest store and got DVD-R discs the first disc I burned worked!

What software did you use? Did you end up with a few really high quality songs or a ton of mp3 quality songs? I've been trying to unlock this for a while and I'd pretty much given up until I saw this thread. I'm not really all that interested in the high quality DVD Audio format, as previously said, it's pretty much dead, but I have a tens of thousands of songs, and it all fits onto less than a dozen DVD's... it seems like a no brainer to burn a few disks and have them available in the stock radio, barring that I'm thinking of going with a HON3, and then I can just play them from an iPod/Phone.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:40 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by hannamand
What software did you use? Did you end up with a few really high quality songs or a ton of mp3 quality songs? I've been trying to unlock this for a while and I'd pretty much given up until I saw this thread. I'm not really all that interested in the high quality DVD Audio format, as previously said, it's pretty much dead, but I have a tens of thousands of songs, and it all fits onto less than a dozen DVD's... it seems like a no brainer to burn a few disks and have them available in the stock radio, barring that I'm thinking of going with a HON3, and then I can just play them from an iPod/Phone.
I used Cirlinca HD Audio . the way I did it was converted all my mp3s to .wav files (don't convert to .wvm or anything like that .wav is the format you need) then you burn it using the software in a DVD-R disc(I was able to fit about 100 songs to a 4.7 gb disc) be careful to not try to burn "DVD+R" the - and + make a big difference apparently for this car and the minus R is what you need! Hope that helps.