Can we put RL Bose in a TL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we put RL Bose in a TL?

Please - no flames about how bad Bose sounds. I drove an RL the other day and I think that system sounds fantastic. I think the TL system is very lacking.

So here is what I am thinking:
- the head units on the RL and TL are probably made from the same manufacturer.
- the TL speakers are all 2 Ohm. My guess is that the Bose speakers are probably different so the TL amp may or may not work.
- Honda likes to use a lot of similar parts so:
- perhaps the RL has an AMP for the Bose that will fit into the TL location?
- perhaps the RL speakers will easily fit into the TL locations?
- perhaps the RL amp even uses the same connectors as the TL amp?

Does anyone have access to data that can confirm any of this?

My guess is that even if it will work it may be cost prohibitive. However, I am already looking at spending quite a bit to get a nice system so I want to check all the options. Also, the speakers I am considering (Polk SR6500) will require some work to get them into the doors. I would like to avoid the time required to mod the doors and get a sealed sub in the rear deck.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
If u gonna do something then do it the right way !! - why in the hell would u upgrade ur stock system to antother stock system ( just cause is says bose ) by the way bose is garbage if u ask me compared to whats out there.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
rather use other brand name components that just use another stock system.

For all your work and time/money, you could accomplish the same thing w/better parts from other aftermarket parts
Old 10-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll agree with the other two posters. If you're going to go through all the trouble of replacing speakers, replacing head unit, and/or replacing/installing amplifier, you might as well go with aftermarket components that will blow any stock components out of the water.

JL, rockford, BA, alpine, anything but bose!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figure that is most likely the case but I like to explore all options. I agree that many Bose products that I have heard have been lacking. I do, however, really like the sound in the RL. I figured that the cabin is nearly the same size as the TL so if it is easy and not too much $ to purchase, it was at least worth a look because I know exactly what I will get in the end. That said, I am sure that it is cost prohibitive.

I find it tough to determine what aftermarket components to use. There are many that look good on paper but it is not easy to find a dealer that has anything to demo. Also, the sound in a demo box environment will not be the same as what I will get in the TL. On paper I am leaning toward the Polk SR6500. These get some really great reviews but they are $750 a pair. For that much money I would like to hear them first. I have auditioned some JL, Focal, Polk (MMC6500), and a few others. I typically listen at a lower volume than most and given that, I have liked the MMC6500s best.