Call Waiting, Call Dropped; Razr V3

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005 | 04:11 PM
Original_black_bart

Call Waiting, Call Dropped; Razr V3

A Motorola Razor V3 is paired with my TL. Recently I've noticed that when on a call and a second call is announced via call waiting, both calls are droped if I ignore the incoming call.

Has any experienced a similar situation?

Is this realted to the phone or to the HFL?

TIA
Bob
Old 11-10-2005 | 04:30 PM
10th Gear

I also own and pair a razr with my '05 tl...
I've had no such problems, but is it just me,
or does the battery drain extremely quickly, when paired with the hands free system??
Old 11-10-2005 | 06:08 PM
Original_black_bart

Originally Posted by icecrepas
I've had no such problem
What are the settings of your your V3 for handsfree mobile? maybe mine are different then yours thus the problem.

... is it just me, or does the battery drain extremely quickly, when paired with the hands free system??
The short battery life is related to the power consumption of the Bluetooth radio in the phone rather then our TL's HFL. With BT off, the battery in my V3 will last upward of three days. With BT switched on I'm lucky to get through the day.
Old 11-11-2005 | 05:19 PM
Pro

I also own and pair a razr with my '05 tl...
I've had no such problems, but is it just me,
or does the battery drain extremely quickly, when paired with the hands free system??

Nope, I have never had any problems with my Razr. Everytime when I would get a 2nd phone call, it would put them on hold. Thats wierd.
Old 02-13-2006 | 10:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rcblackwell
A Motorola Razor V3 is paired with my TL. Recently I've noticed that when on a call and a second call is announced via call waiting, both calls are droped if I ignore the incoming call.

Has any experienced a similar situation?

Is this realted to the phone or to the HFL?

TIA
Bob
My Moto V3 does exactly what Bob Blackwell described above. If a second call comes in on call waiting and I choose not to answer it, it hangs up on my original call after that 2nd call is discarded. The only way I can get the first call back is if I immediately press the "call" button on the steering wheel right after the call disappears.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to fix this. I know it is not a problem with the car since this never happened with my Sony Erricson cell phone.

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2006 | 06:21 AM
Racer

I have the same problem...anbody have a solution???
Old 02-16-2006 | 10:16 AM
Intermediate

ME TOO!!! Anyone?
Old 02-16-2006 | 10:28 AM
FOR SALE - BM

i have a problem with the V3... im not sure why it dosn't do this all the time... and im not sure if it did this with incoming or outgoing calls and ive noticed it did this after a previous call... i answer the phone or call someone.. it rings... i hear them say hello... then it goes dead.but the radio dosn't come back on or anytihing. . and im sitting there... hello, hello... then i notice on the phone it still says connected. So i quickly have to push the HFL button and say "transfer" and it goes back to the HFL...i have do recognize that it is doing this and act fast or the person on the other line will hang up...... does anybody experience this problem.. i think it is a little different that what RCBLACKWELL was talking about
Old 02-16-2006 | 10:51 AM
How may I help you.....?

OK.. my Moto V3 does the same drop call thing, but not what you were talking about drdamian
Old 02-16-2006 | 10:55 AM
FOR SALE - BM

Originally Posted by jmbnova
OK.. my Moto V3 does the same drop call thing, but not what you were talking about drdamian

what does it do??? does it drop the call completely and you have to call the person back...??? its not 2 much of a bother for me.. not enough to have the dealer rip it out and put a new one in... at least not for now.. unless someone here tells me that they have had the same problem and it is broke..
Old 02-16-2006 | 01:49 PM
My Daily Driver

same here....just happened to me the other day.
Old 02-16-2006 | 04:10 PM
Advanced

With my V3 Razr certain calls i will be able to get to say "hello" and the system will disconnect the phone call. After about 3 tries it usually works.
Old 02-16-2006 | 06:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Just an idea, but I've read posts of people that have had great experiences with the CDMA RAZR and then some people in this thread seem to being having a horrible experience.

This should be the latest version firmware for the VZW RAZR

01.0F.03P

If you're having problems, check your firmware and see how it compares. If you're at a lower rev, you might want to bring your phone to a VZW owned stored and have them flash it for you.
Old 02-16-2006 | 06:53 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by drdamian
what does it do??? does it drop the call completely and you have to call the person back...??? its not 2 much of a bother for me.. not enough to have the dealer rip it out and put a new one in... at least not for now.. unless someone here tells me that they have had the same problem and it is broke..
The dropped call problem has nothing to do with the car or the car's bluetooth interface. It is definately the telephone. I also have a SonyEricsson and it has never done this in over 8 months. The RAZR V3 does it every single time I get a second incoming call. My V3 is the black version and is only 2 months old with Cingular service.
Old 02-17-2006 | 12:19 AM
2nd Gear

try changing incoming prompt to ringtone instead of voice prompt
Old 02-19-2006 | 10:51 PM
6th Gear

i have a problem with the V3... im not sure why it dosn't do this all the time... and im not sure if it did this with incoming or outgoing calls and ive noticed it did this after a previous call... i answer the phone or call someone.. it rings... i hear them say hello... then it goes dead.but the radio dosn't come back on or anytihing. . and im sitting there... hello, hello... then i notice on the phone it still says connected. So i quickly have to push the HFL button and say "transfer" and it goes back to the HFL...i have do recognize that it is doing this and act fast or the person on the other line will hang up...... does anybody experience this problem.. i think it is a little different that what RCBLACKWELL was talking about
My bluetooth is doing the same thing you describe where it seems like it drops a call but it is still connected on the phone. Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem?
Old 02-20-2006 | 12:11 AM
www.seattlewhips.com

I have the same problem.. but there is 1/2 a workaround. When you are on a call and a call comes in and you don't answer the incoming call, the HFL disconnects but the call is still active on the phone... if you press the 'call' button on the HFL control, the call will come active on the HFL... if you do this immediately the other party doesn't notice anything. i wish it would work 100% but, oh well.

I used to have a Motorola V600 and when paired w/ my 2004 NBP, there was a documented problem w/ answering calls over the HFL while the phone was in closed (not flipped open). When i got my 2005 SSM, the V600 did not have that problem, and everything worked perfectly. So its not the phone all the time.
Old 03-02-2006 | 09:36 PM
05 TL Silver, 6spd, Navi

happens to me too. I hate this phone
Old 01-27-2007 | 04:48 PM
Shibby

i have the exact same problem with My Cingular Razr. I even got a new Razr just to see if it would make a difference. Didnt help at all. Did anyone find a solution?
Old 02-14-2007 | 06:59 PM
Original_black_bart

Originally Posted by vtec1jk
i have the exact same problem with My Cingular Razr. I even got a new Razr just to see if it would make a difference. Didnt help at all. Did anyone find a solution?
I solved the problem by disabling call waiting. Now there's no chance of a second call so there's no more dropped calls! (What a waste of technology)

Bob Blackwell
Pickering, Ontario
Old 02-16-2007 | 03:34 PM
Instructor

You should use a battery charger in the car with the Razr. Small battery in the thing.
Old 02-16-2007 | 03:46 PM
Safety Car

I am curious because we may be buying a RAZR.

There are multiple flavors of RAZR V3....

http://www.acura.com/models/handsfre...rrer=ownerlink

When people here talk about the V3, are they meaning the Cingular/TMobile GSM version? Does carrier matter here?

Note that Cingular has a particular firmware rev. although I assume anything after that rev is OK.
Old 02-19-2007 | 01:19 PM
4th Gear

I have the same problem with Verizons V710 Motorola phone. When a call comes over the HFL, it accepts the call, but leaves it on the phone with no mic operation. I have to activate the "Transfer " call feature to actually receive it on to the HFL system.

When I initially bought the car, the BT feature worked without issue. What happened???
Old 02-19-2007 | 02:17 PM
Instructor

Look at the phone. Check under the setups for BlueTooth on Carphone or whatever they call it that it is set to AutoAnswer.
Old 02-19-2007 | 05:25 PM
Instructor

Look at the phone. Check under the setups for BlueTooth on Carphone or whatever they call it that it is set to AutoAnswer.