bluetooth pairing w/ Blackberry 8330...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth pairing w/ Blackberry 8330...

just recently got my '06 TL...the other day I tried to pair the HFL w/ my 8330 BlackBerry. I enabled bluetooth on the phone and put it in search mode and the I went through the commands in the HFL and asked it to pair...I waited for a long time and it never paired and never found the phone...have tried this several times w/ poor results each try? am I missing something? does the '06 HFL not work w/ the 8330 BlackBerry?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Instructor

so this is what I've found with blackberries - instead of putting the phone in search mode, ask the car to start the search THEN start searching for bluetooth devices through the phone and it will find the car, you can then pair/add the car to the phone and get it hooked up.

I've actually had to do this with Blackberries and Android phones so far hope this trick helps
Old 11-16-2010, 10:18 PM
6th Gear

Noiob question, how do you get the car to start the search?
Old 11-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Advanced

good deal, that worked...now I just need to figure out how to delete the address book from the previous owner as all of his entries are still in the car...and I need to find out if I can import my address book instead of manually adding my contacts into the car one at a time...any help?
Old 11-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bonder
Noiob question, how do you get the car to start the search?
Click the call button and say "Phone Setup" then "Pair"
Old 11-20-2010, 03:50 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by asmcbride
good deal, that worked...now I just need to figure out how to delete the address book from the previous owner as all of his entries are still in the car...and I need to find out if I can import my address book instead of manually adding my contacts into the car one at a time...any help?
Not sure if you can wipe the address book without losing the pairing, so you might have to pair again. Pretty sure there's an import feature because the car's bluetooth does support OBJ push so should be just sending contacts via bluetooth from the phone.

I personally never found this to be super useful and have always just dialed from the phone and told the car to "transfer" the call so it's piped through the BT system
Old 11-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Advanced

I have a problem with trying to pair my Backberry. I go into the phone setup mode and ask to 'pair'. It ask me for a code and I tell it the code and say yes when the car repeats it. Then it searches for my phone. I go into the bluetooth on the phone and search for the car. The phone finds the car. I enter the code and then the car tells me it has a device and asks me for the name. I say the name and then it beeps like 3 times and ends the HFL. But the car never pairs with the phone.
The other thing I have found.....when the car asks me for the name I say "blackberry", it repeats and say's "it sounds like blackberry" & tells me "name is too short, please say longer name". If I say a different name or longer, it beeps 3 times & ends the HFL setup and doesn't pair the phone.
Any suggestions here?
Old 11-28-2010, 02:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mnjeepmale
I have a problem with trying to pair my Backberry. I go into the phone setup mode and ask to 'pair'. It ask me for a code and I tell it the code and say yes when the car repeats it. Then it searches for my phone. I go into the bluetooth on the phone and search for the car. The phone finds the car. I enter the code and then the car tells me it has a device and asks me for the name. I say the name and then it beeps like 3 times and ends the HFL. But the car never pairs with the phone.
The other thing I have found.....when the car asks me for the name I say "blackberry", it repeats and say's "it sounds like blackberry" & tells me "name is too short, please say longer name". If I say a different name or longer, it beeps 3 times & ends the HFL setup and doesn't pair the phone.
Any suggestions here?
which blackberry do you have? Everything you did sounds right so not sure if there's something else you can do. I would research the 3 beeps HFL gives at the end, could be something funky there.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Advanced

It's an old 8330.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mnjeepmale
It's an old 8330.
Should work then... have you updated the OS on the blackberry? Maybe something weird with that.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Advanced

Well got it to pair with the HFL. I rebooted the 8330 phone and tried it again and now it is paired with the HFL and phone.
However, I am running into another problem. When the phone rings I hear a ring over the speakers, I answer by pushing the top button on the HFL. The speakers go back to the radio. The phone is connected as it states on the phone and if I talk in the car the other person can hear me but I can't hear them. What is the problem. I paired another cheap prepaid phone with the car and that phone works fine.