Bluetooth Pairing Issue: Have Two Compatible Phones Neither Find The TL

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bluetooth Pairing Issue: Have Two Compatible Phones Neither Find The TL

Hey everyone.

I recently bought an 04 TL and I am trying to pair my phones with it. There are a few things to note first:

1. The HFL was replaced already. The system recognizes my voice perfectly
2. I am using a KRZR and a Blackberry 8130 which are both compatible according to Acuras site
3. The Bluetooth system check says it is ok.

I tried to delete the phones that were setup and i could not do so. I would go through the prompts to delete phone "1" and it would say "say okay to continue or cancel to go back. I would say okay and it would loop back to the first question in the delete sequence.

When i go to pair the phone, it asks me to do the code. I tell it what i want. it then repeats it. When it repeats it, it says nothing after that... the manual illudes to the fact that it normally says something after that letting you know to do the steps on the phone. I go to the phone and try to find it but they come back with no devices found.

Any ideas? I dont understand why it wouldnt find it
Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 AM
'04 NBP TL AT/Navi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NNatic
Hey everyone.

I recently bought an 04 TL and I am trying to pair my phones with it. There are a few things to note first:

1. The HFL was replaced already. The system recognizes my voice perfectly
2. I am using a KRZR and a Blackberry 8130 which are both compatible according to Acuras site
3. The Bluetooth system check says it is ok.

I tried to delete the phones that were setup and i could not do so. I would go through the prompts to delete phone "1" and it would say "say okay to continue or cancel to go back. I would say okay and it would loop back to the first question in the delete sequence.

When i go to pair the phone, it asks me to do the code. I tell it what i want. it then repeats it. When it repeats it, it says nothing after that... the manual illudes to the fact that it normally says something after that letting you know to do the steps on the phone. I go to the phone and try to find it but they come back with no devices found.

Any ideas? I dont understand why it wouldnt find it
been awhile since I first paired my phone, but try hitting the talk button again before saying "OK" Make sure your phone is set to "Discoverable" that's all I got sorry.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Privdog
been awhile since I first paired my phone, but try hitting the talk button again before saying "OK" Make sure your phone is set to "Discoverable" that's all I got sorry.
Both are true. I was definitly hitting talk and when I said anything else it worked perfectly. I dont think it is a mic issue at all.

The phone is also in discovery mode... just wont find the TL
Old 04-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Advanced

Well i know someone will eventually have this same issue and will search so here is the resolution:

you have to clear everything out of the HFL. you can do this by going to help. then system. then clear.

Then i paired it up and it was golden!

Cant wait to use it now