Bluetooth as HEADSET only??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:52 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth as HEADSET only??

Just got my brand new 2007 TL-S. Love the car. VERY disapointed in the bluetooth integration. Am I missing something?

My Blackberry Pearl (Cingular) pairs just fine, but cannot load contacts. Don't really want to load contacts anyways! If I can just use the car's bluetooth as a headset, then I can use the voice dialing in the phone! Why is this not possible. Or is it? Are they reinventing the wheel spoke by spoke!

kt
Old 06-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
I share your pain. I've got an '07 TL-S and a Motorola V325i, and wish the @#$% HFL had a mode where it acted like a plain bluetooth handset.

The phonebook capability of the car is painful, and pretty closs to false advertising. If you go though every phone they have listed on the site, there are only 3 or 4 from one cellular carrier that are fully compatible. Most of use can't upload our phonebooks, so we have to enter everything oe at a time. The wait feature doesn't work, so I can't enter several office/extension combinations.

If only I could just push the button, say "headset" and have it act like a headset! Then I could just interact with the phone directly, which functions flawlessly using a "normal" headset.

The simple solution? Unlink the phone and just use a headset. It works better.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:07 AM
6th Gear

Yup. I am with you there. VERY disappointed! Bluetooth was one of my pre-requisites when looking for a car... now I can't use it!

Anyone know where we should complain, so that maybe they will hear us? I know... I know... pipe dream!

kt
Old 07-03-2007, 02:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Certain phones are more compatible to the HFL system than others. Acura maintains a website just for this: http://www.handsfreelink.com

You may also search this forum for tips/tricks/rants on your particular phone model.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:36 AM
6th Gear

actually u can transfer your contact list but one at a time through the bluetooth feature yes it takes awhile doing this way but once done voice recon. work sweet everytime as well for name dialing
Old 07-08-2007, 06:19 PM
6th Gear

abbybaby,

What is the process for transferring a contact at a time? How does it store different numbers for that contact?

Datmrman-- That is a cop out. I can search all I want... it wont make the bluetooth work as I thought it would before I bought this car... with ANY phone.

I really don't understand why it doesn't just work like a bluetooth headset. Can anyone show ANY logic why they wouldn't take that path... seem easier for them and better for the consumer.

kt
Old 07-09-2007, 02:50 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tromerk
Datmrman-- That is a cop out. I can search all I want... it wont make the bluetooth work as I thought it would before I bought this car... with ANY phone.

I really don't understand why it doesn't just work like a bluetooth headset. Can anyone show ANY logic why they wouldn't take that path... seem easier for them and better for the consumer.
Certain features of the HFL system would not work if the system acted like a headset.

For instance, there is an option in the navi system to allow you to call the business you've just located. It takes more than just headset functionality in order for the system to send numbers to the cell phone. Same goes with the MID displaying caller id, battery strength, and reception signal.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:49 AM
6th Gear

go in to the setup of the phone book in the car and go to add contact and then u transfer it from your phone via bluetooth and it work (note timing is important only allow a few seconds but, mine works great shows all of my 95 contacts. and dialing by name command work superb.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:53 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by datmrman
Certain features of the HFL system would not work if the system acted like a headset.

For instance, there is an option in the navi system to allow you to call the business you've just located. It takes more than just headset functionality in order for the system to send numbers to the cell phone. Same goes with the MID displaying caller id, battery strength, and reception signal.
OK. Finaly a reason that at least has a little logic. Thanks. I for one would forego all those features to use the voice dialing on my phone. I would think most would, but that is obviously not my call to make.

Also, I would think a device could connect in two ways if it was created that way. Perhaps not at the same time, but an option in the pairing config. Hmmm.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:25 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by abbybaby
go in to the setup of the phone book in the car and go to add contact and then u transfer it from your phone via bluetooth and it work (note timing is important only allow a few seconds but, mine works great shows all of my 95 contacts. and dialing by name command work superb.

What phone do you have? I dont think I have a "send via bluetooth" command in my phone.

Does is save your 95 contacts with multiple numbers for a contact? Or each number is a contact?

Thanks,

kt
Old 07-11-2007, 09:30 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by tromerk
What phone do you have? I dont think I have a "send via bluetooth" command in my phone.

Does is save your 95 contacts with multiple numbers for a contact? Or each number is a contact?

Thanks,

kt
the krazor and blackberry 8830

able to store more than one number per contact
when u use the handfree system and ask for dial by name feature
EXAMPLE
YOU SAY "DIAL JOHN" IF YOU HAVE MORE ONE NUMBER FOR THIS CONTACT THE SYSTEM WILL ASK YOU "DO WANT TO CALL HOME OR WORK"
AND YOU SAY "HOME"
THEN IT WILL ASK FOR CONFIRMATION
AND THEN START DIALING
Old 07-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Safety Car

Wow, thats pretty cool.

Too bad this is only for the '07+ TL with the 4.X navigation system. You cannot import contacts via bluetooth in the '04-'06 TL.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:58 AM
6th Gear

I can import with the car... but the blackberry pearl does not seem to have a "send contact via bluetooth" option.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Also, in case I cannot do the transfers... Does anyone know of a way to store multiple numbers for a contact by using the Store commands?

kt
Old 07-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Instructor

I have a Pearl and am wondering about the same thing.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Cruisin'

I don't have a BB, but on a Razr the "send" option is within the individual contact options, not with the BT options.

Try looking there.