bluetooth compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth compatibility

can anyone tell me if the motorola V710 with verizon is compatible with the bluetooth in the 2004 TL, my friend has that phone and i cant get it to link up to system, the phone does have bluetooth

the icon flashes on his phone like it is linked up to my car, but my car doesnt locate the device, unless i am doing something wrong

i am basically pressing the pick up button when i come into the car for it to link up to phone, all the screen says on the dash is main??

can anyone give any assistance

Old 11-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Spend your own time reading the manual and then if you have trouble come here and spend our time reading it for you.

Mike
Old 11-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Pro

I just followed the Acura TL manual, and it worked perfectly. Also check out the Bluetooth subforum on this site to get others' input.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:01 PM
2nd Gear

V710

Originally Posted by tonyg24
can anyone tell me if the motorola V710 with verizon is compatible with the bluetooth in the 2004 TL, my friend has that phone and i cant get it to link up to system, the phone does have bluetooth

the icon flashes on his phone like it is linked up to my car, but my car doesnt locate the device, unless i am doing something wrong

i am basically pressing the pick up button when i come into the car for it to link up to phone, all the screen says on the dash is main??

can anyone give any assistance

Tongy24- You should be able to use this phone with the TL, however you will experience frequent problems until the new software is available. I would read through your manual again to get linked up . See Below...

The motorolla v710 is listed as bluetooth compatible by motorolla, but is not approved by acura unless it has a specific software serial number. Acura has worked with Motorolla to resolve the compatibility issues that this phone intitially had with the TL. New software will be available to the public by the end of this month. You should check with your phone dealer periodically, and make sure that they are aware you will need the new software. When your store has the new software, the fix will take 15-20 minutes.

Good Luck--

JWL
Old 11-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jwloy

Tongy24- You should be able to use this phone with the TL, however you will experience frequent problems until the new software is available. I would read through your manual again to get linked up . See Below...

The motorolla v710 is listed as bluetooth compatible by motorolla, but is not approved by acura unless it has a specific software serial number. Acura has worked with Motorolla to resolve the compatibility issues that this phone intitially had with the TL. New software will be available to the public by the end of this month. You should check with your phone dealer periodically, and make sure that they are aware you will need the new software. When your store has the new software, the fix will take 15-20 minutes.

Good Luck--

JWL
thanks, that was the specific info i was looking for, better than the other wiseass remarks
Old 11-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyg24
thanks, that was the specific info i was looking for, better than the other wiseass remarks
Please see Road Rage's excellent thread about Asking Good Questions(tm).

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100500

Mike