Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X Interface Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X Interface Issues

Ok, Took the time to take the WHOLE dash apart to put this stupid thing in(also did short shifter while in there. Love it) Back to the adapter. I got it in there, turned on the radio, switched to CD-C, it comes up, then wait, nothing. I tried with 3 different sources, NO sound at all.

To anyone that has installed one of these, have you run across any problems or tricks for getting it to work?? The tech support from blizsafe is jacked up, 11AM-5PM EST M-F. Better then Bank hours. I am going to try and call them tomorrow and see if they can suggest anything. This is a pain in the arse.

Thank you for any help you may provide. I think all the companys are rushing these parts out without fully testing them. I have read some other horror stories about other brands.

I also tried taking the power from the unit to see if that would work. No luck!! I unpluged it, put it back to factory, turned it one, then turn just the radio off, then pluged it all back in, and turned the car on, waited a second, then turned on the CD player, then tried to switch to CD-C, it comes up, NO sound. Its driving me NUTS!!!!

Jason
Old 06-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The HON/AUX DMX V.2X and HON/M-Link1 V.2X have been known to have problems with TLs, so you're not alone. If you go to the discussion forum on Blitzsafe's homepage you will see others with MDXs and TLs that have various problems. The best solution is to try to get a refund. I'm still looking for a device that will let me play my ipod while still keeping XM functional. The USAspec device seems have problems with 06s but it might work for your 05?
Old 06-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mptlptr
The HON/AUX DMX V.2X and HON/M-Link1 V.2X have been known to have problems with TLs, so you're not alone. If you go to the discussion forum on Blitzsafe's homepage you will see others with MDXs and TLs that have various problems. The best solution is to try to get a refund. I'm still looking for a device that will let me play my ipod while still keeping XM functional. The USAspec device seems have problems with 06s but it might work for your 05?

it has problems with 05 too
Old 06-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Ryan Christopher

Does anyone know of one that will work as just a AUX in?? I want to retain the XM as well.

Jason
Old 06-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Ryan Christopher

Ok, I just got off the phone with Blitzsafe, it looks like they are aware of the issue. It looks to be a problem with the firmware in the Adapter. When they corrected the issue with the MDX, it caused a conflict with the bluetooth in the TL. They are working on this problem and should have it finished shortly. Makes me feel better, as its not something I did. Also, it shows that they are working on it, not just leaving us in the dark.

This will also apply to the M-link model as well I would think. As they had the same problems with the MDX. Once I get the new chip for it and test it, I will post back with remarks on how it works.

Jason
Old 06-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Intermediate

Hopefully they do get it finished "shortly". When they were fixing the problem for the MDX it took them a couple months if i remember correctly. They kept telling people "next week, next week" and just dragged it on.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Ryan Christopher

Originally Posted by mptlptr
Hopefully they do get it finished "shortly". When they were fixing the problem for the MDX it took them a couple months if i remember correctly. They kept telling people "next week, next week" and just dragged it on.
So I read. As long as they get it to work with no issues I can wait. I want it done, but I also want it to work right. I would much rather have the direct input like this then to try and run a FM mod.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
Does anyone know of one that will work as just a AUX in?? I want to retain the XM as well.
You should check out the P.I.E. X3 (there is a thread just on this module). It seems to be the best solution for just aux-in. It will provide 3 aux inputs, not 1. I am leaning towards this one since both the USA Spec and Blitzsafe currently have known issues.

Edit: Nevermind, noticed you've been browsing other threads and found out about the PIE X3.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Ryan Christopher

Originally Posted by datmrman
You should check out the P.I.E. X3 (there is a thread just on this module). It seems to be the best solution for just aux-in. It will provide 3 aux inputs, not 1. I am leaning towards this one since both the USA Spec and Blitzsafe currently have known issues.
But does the P.I.E X3 offer the XM pass through. I want to retain the XM. I thought the X3 eliminated the XM and allowed it to be used instead?
Old 06-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
But does the P.I.E X3 offer the XM pass through. I want to retain the XM. I thought the X3 eliminated the XM and allowed it to be used instead?
With a Y-adaptor, the PIE X3 will allow you to retain XM.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Safety Car

Here is the main thread for the PIE X3
Old 06-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by datmrman
With a Y-adaptor, the PIE X3 will allow you to retain XM.

But then has potential bleeding issues when the iPod is powered and you try and play XM.

Oh well, someday there will be a solution.