Blitzsafe Doesn't work.. Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 08:00 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Blitzsafe Doesn't work.. Now what?

Ok guys... I was working on the Doms install today and the Blitzsafe adaptor DOES NOT WORK.. (f-in piece of junk) I am looking into other options now and need some help... (yes i have searched...)

I know that the other two options are the PIE x3 and the USA Spec adaptor.. I wanted to use the Blitzsafe because it was plug n play... Are any of these other two options plug n play?

I am hoping that some people who have installed these can chime in here. I want to keep my XM and NOT have to splice into any wires....

Also, if any of these do work for what I want, would anyone have a model number by chamce? I can't seem to figure out the right thing to buy (already screwed up once and bought the wrong USA Spec from Circuit City and had to take it back...) I hate having a DVD palyer that has NO SOUND...

Thanks in advance for all the help...
Old 07-01-2006, 08:05 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
give up the install. sell me the dvd player =)

that sucks man. i'm still waiting for mine. these things are on backorder...
Old 07-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if you are also looking to interface an IPod but I installed a PA11 – HON 2 and it works fine. I've got a non-navi TL and just hit DISC-5 to switch.

In order to keep XM, I had to also buy a Y-Adapter. No splicing at all.

It appears as though the 06TL has the same connections as my 04 Pilot.

Got mine here:

Interface - http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=879
Y-Cable - http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=787
Old 07-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Advanced

tried editing my post but ran out of time.

I went on to look a bit more and it appears as though there are issues with Navi vehicles. I guess since I don't have navi, I would contact them for details.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Both the USA Spec PA11-HON2 and PIE X3 are pretty much PNP.

The USA Spec just requires an additional Y-adapter to keep XM and it uses CDC emulation.

The PIX X3 requires an additional 12V power source, but it retains XM with the Honda harness that you will buy. The X3 uses an XM hijacking mechanism so you will see the XM titles display on top of the dash even though you're not using XM. Sound quality is great though.

I would have gone with USA Spec if it didnt have issues with the '06 TL. Now I have an extra aux-in with the X3. Oh well.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:44 AM
How may I help you.....?

Thanks for the input. As I search around, there seem to be a few different things. There is a USA Spec I-pod interface and an USA Spec aux adaptor. I assume they work the same way, just the inputs are different. No matter where I look, I can not find anymore information about that y-adaptor for the USA Spec... any ideas??

For the PIE X3 is this the only cable I would need?? (outside of the actual module itself)
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s..._X3_HON98.html

Thanks guys...
Old 07-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
USA Spec AUX adapter? If you mean the DF-HON, that will not work. Just stick to the PA11-HON2.

As for the PIE X3, other than the brain, you will need that harness to plug into the head unit (and allow you to keep XM).

I bought me X3 from myradiostore. Fast shipping and good price after tax and shipping. Actually, it was no tax and free shipping...

Good luck!
Old 07-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Advanced

Location: On the banks of a filthy river in east TX ruled by crooked cops, brazen women and pansexual cowboys.
Will the SoundGate SNHOND3 work?

SoundGate claims the device is compatiable with the TL's 04-06 but can't seem to find that much here on acurazine regarding the device.

Photo of SNHOND3.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:48 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Jeff,
That sucks. No idea why it works in my car but not yours.
I'd go with the USA-Spec PA11-HON2. It work in the car without question, gives you an Ipod charger/interface and aux port. Only issue you MAY have is the USA-Spec use of Steering wheel control (apparently there's a bug thats' getting worked right now).
Mount the unit under the car seat or somewhere accessibel so you can remove it and send it back for a free upgrade when it's available.

J,
Check the soundgate application page again. The SNHON3 IS NOT COMPATIBLE with 04-06 TL's. The spec sheet references an FM transmitter.

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Will the SoundGate SNHOND3 work?

SoundGate claims the device is compatiable with the TL's 04-06 but can't seem to find that much here on acurazine regarding the device.

Photo of SNHOND3.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Jeff,
That sucks. No idea why it works in my car but not yours.
I'd go with the USA-Spec PA11-HON2. It work in the car without question, gives you an Ipod charger/interface and aux port. Only issue you MAY have is the USA-Spec use of Steering wheel control (apparently there's a bug thats' getting worked right now).
Mount the unit under the car seat or somewhere accessibel so you can remove it and send it back for a free upgrade when it's available.

J,
Check the soundgate application page again. The SNHON3 IS NOT COMPATIBLE with 04-06 TL's. The spec sheet references an FM transmitter.
Works in mine too. I think its something with installation though. Did you try turning power on and off and then toggling the CDC/Disc button? Mine didnt give sound at first but after a few button pushes, Im good to go!
Old 07-03-2006, 06:39 AM
How may I help you.....?

Yeah, I tried it every which way and messed with it as much as I could.... I hate to take that whole damn thing apart again just to try a second time...