Blitzsafe Adapter WORKS!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Blue on Black

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Blitzsafe adapter works in the 2005 TL

Originally Posted by Jon_M
I think the TL was accidentally left off the list on the "enfig" site. That same Blitzsafe model number is listed on the "logjam" site as compatible with the TL....

http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/blitzhonauxdmxv2.html

It's just more $$ at logjam. I ordered mine through the "enfig" site anyway. I'll let you guys know how it works out. But XM is not an issue for me as I'm in Canada.
Good news guys: That new Blitzsafe adapter from the Enfig site works with the TL.

AND I was able to install it WITHOUT removing the stereo head unit. It was a tight squeeze but I was able to plug the 14 pin plug into the port in the head unit by pealing back the carpet on the driver's side in the footwell, and reaching in using a long curved surgical clamp to install it. Took about 5 minutes.

Now my ipod has a direct connection to the head unit which is accessible by pressing the CD/DVD button twice. The sound quality is excellent compared to the tapedeck adapter or the iTrip.

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on XM as I don'[t have that feature here in Canada anyway.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Big Brother is Watching..

i got mine from Enfig as well..... however mine isnt even behind the dash. i mounted mine in the trunk using a Y adapter cable that allowed me to plug in the XM unit and the Blitzsafe at the same time.....

both units will work simultaneously, but there is a serious drop in sound. i used the 4 5-pole relays to enable sound to one or the other at a given time. this way you get power signal at both units at all times, but only one sends sound signal to teh headunit at once. and yes, i realize it was kind of redundant since you can use JUST the realys for an aux sound source, but part of the reason i did it this way is so that i could try to find a better way to get both the blitzsafe and the XM to work together
Old 09-30-2005, 06:32 AM

so after determining this, i have decided to sell my Blitzsafe adpater. i pulled it out of the car the day after the last post. so if anyone wants it, m asking $80 shipped. its got like 10 minutes of use
Old 10-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Cruisin'

I haven't noticed any drop in sound. However, I am going to wait for the ipod adapter. I have mine for sale too. On ebay, item 5815504369
Old 10-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TurboSam
so after determining this, i have decided to sell my Blitzsafe adpater. i pulled it out of the car the day after the last post. so if anyone wants it, m asking $80 shipped. its got like 10 minutes of use

Sam,

Please delete a few messages from your inbox...I'm trying to send you a private message but it isn't going through...
Old 10-04-2005, 02:36 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboSam
for those of use with XM..... there has got to be a way that we can mod this thing (put an on/off switch on it) so that we can still use XM. i have yet to order one of these. i think im gonna try and get my hands on one by next week. right now i have cut a spare iPod cable to see if i can make a power and RCA jacks to use in my car

personally, i dont know how much longer i want to keep XM, they gave me a bunch of shit when i called customer service. jackass on the phone had a script, and if i asked him a question he couldnt answer, he repeated the answer to the previous question. then he put me on hold for 10 minutes then came back and got my phone number and said a manager would call me back.
One problem with XM is that when you call customer service, you have a good chance of getting India !
If so, ask to have the call transferred stateside!
Old 10-04-2005, 04:23 PM
2005 Acura TL w/ Navi

damn..... i hope that blitzsafe v3 aux adapter comes out soon... thats the last thing i need so that i can finally install my custom carpc! (i'd get the current blitzsafe aux adapter, but i still want the XM option in my system, so thats why im waiting for v3)
Old 10-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Cruisin'

Does anyone know if they are coming out with version 3?

My blitzsafe auction ends tomorrow. See above.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by DMZ
One problem with XM is that when you call customer service, you have a good chance of getting India !
If so, ask to have the call transferred stateside!
o yes, i am WELL aware of that situtation. working for a Honda/Acura dealer i deal with the customer service quite frequently. they never know what they are doing. however, ive figured out what i need to say to get them to do what i want (as far as customer cars go. never can get things solved for my own XM, lol)