Blitzsafe

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rs808
I searched google for the HON/SNY ITI V.2 and here is the description I found for the product. The important applications says it will not work if you have factory XM.. Is this true?

"[START PASTE]
The Blitzsafe HON/SNY ITI V.2 allows you to either add a Sony CD changer or can be used as an auxiliary audio input source DIRECTLY to the 2003-2004 Honda Accord, Element and S2000 factory radio that are equipped with factory navigation!!

As an auxiliary input converter, this device allows you to plug in an external audio source, like a portable MP3 player, satellite tuner, DVD player, or iPod. Just connect to the the RCA inputs on the HON/SNY ITI V.2 and PLAY MUSIC!

The HON/SNY ITI V.2 can also be used as a Sony CD Changer interface if no Aux source is installed. It is compatible with CDX-T68, CDX-T69, CDX-T70MX and CDX-757MX Sony Uni-Link CD changers.

IMPORTANT APPLICATION NOTES:
1. The HON/SNY ITI V.2 works with navigation equipped 2003-2004 Honda Accord, Element and S2000 with or without the 6 disc in-dash CD changer and will also work with the factory MP3 player.

2. This adapter will also work in navigation equipped 2004 Acura TSX vehicles.

3. For vehicles without navigation, click HERE.

4. If you have factory XM, you MUST disconnect it in order to use this interface.

IMPORTANT AVAILABILITY NOTICE: Due to production shortages of some devices, some items could be temporarily out-of-stock. Check the Logjam Electronics CD Changer/Auxiliary Input Converter Conversion Chart, for an equivalent.

You can also convert the RCA inputs to a 3.5mm input by adding the PIE 3.5-RCA6MM. This allows you to plug in any device that has a 3.5mm jack such as a Discman, MP3 player, walkman, etc.

You can also convert the RCA inputs of the HON/SNY ITI V.2 to be used with the Pioneer Universal XM Satellite Digital Tuner System (GEN-FM903XM) when used in conjunction with the PIE PIO/P-RCA Pioneer XM Satellite Interface.
"[END PASTE]
I looked around some more on that website, and found that they used that exact same list of "IMPORTANT APPLICATION NOTES" for the comparable converters that P.I.E. and Soungate sell. The difference is that those two converters don't work with hondas w/ Navigation systems. What Draiden said and what this list of application notes says seem to contradict each other.

Draiden is a thoughtful contributor to a forum he seems to care about, whereas whoever wrote that list probably doesn't give a crap and just copied and pasted it from the other converters. Therefore, if I had to bet on it, I would say that the HON/SNY ITI V.2 will work with our Navi-equipped TLs, and will not have an adverse effect on our XM.

Nevertheless, it would be nice if someone else could confirm this.

Anyone want to start a group buy from Blitzsafe for the HON/SNY ITI V.2? I'm in.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:50 PM
Love my TL

Count me in too. I sure hope someone clarifies this soon......
Old 10-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
No Group Buy...

Originally Posted by MisterLawyer
I looked around some more on that website, and found that they used that exact same list of "IMPORTANT APPLICATION NOTES" for the comparable converters that P.I.E. and Soungate sell. The difference is that those two converters don't work with hondas w/ Navigation systems. What Draiden said and what this list of application notes says seem to contradict each other.

Draiden is a thoughtful contributor to a forum he seems to care about, whereas whoever wrote that list probably doesn't give a crap and just copied and pasted it from the other converters. Therefore, if I had to bet on it, I would say that the HON/SNY ITI V.2 will work with our Navi-equipped TLs, and will not have an adverse effect on our XM.

Nevertheless, it would be nice if someone else could confirm this.

Anyone want to start a group buy from Blitzsafe for the HON/SNY ITI V.2? I'm in.
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showp...64&postcount=7

Originally Posted by Smitty
Guys I do not mind if you want to have an organized GB.. but the VENDOR must come onto the site and pay the fees to vend their product to you guys.

I do not want people sending money to 1 person and then all of you getting ripped off (regardless of who it is on the forum)..

I want you guys to get great deals, that is why we have PAYING vendors... if you find someone who wishes to Back their product up 100%, come on and pay the fees for advertsing, then have that person contact me.... if none of the above is carried out 100% = NO GROUP BUYS.

we had many problems in the past with people getting ripped off... all it does is cause a major headache.... have your supplier contact me and we can move forward.

thank you for understanding.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by Draiden
While we're eagerly waiting for BJ's reply, I have a few extra bits of information.

I just received the HON/SON ITI V.2 that I plan to use while I await the iPod adapter. It plugs in series with the Navi system and gives audio in. I was tired of using the crappy FM modulator. Interestingly enough, it also has a Sony CD changer plug that allows you to install and control that device too. Have not tried it as I do not see a need for more CDs.

I called Blitzsafe last week and spoke to an engineer, asking him about the iPod interface. He had no idea what I was talking about. He said that they are thinking of making "something like that" but did not think that they even started the project. I tend think that he did not know what he was talking about though.

I certainly hope that an iPod interface is close at hand. Even basic integration of controls would be nice.
Draiden,
Can you confirm if your XM still works?
Old 10-18-2004, 06:13 PM
04 TL 6MT A-Spec Navi ABP

XM and Blitzsafe

1hottl and All,

There seems to be some confusion on the exact functionality on the Blitzsafe AUX adapter. Not here, but on the part of the manufacturer. I have one in my hand now and will be installing it this weekend (if I am given a time alotment from the wife). I will follow with a difinitive answer soon though. Here is where the confusion arises:

1. Emailed Blitzsafe engineers numerous times when looking for this unit. Was told that it was in production and would be out soon. Was told that you activate the unit by pressing the CD input button twice. Was also told that it hooks inline with the NAVI and does not disrupt XM. I confirmed this 2 times, being anal as I am. So, I ordered it.

2. Called them last week to ask a question about the possibility of an iPod adaptor and ran my original question by the guy again. He says that he thinks that it does kill XM bus was not sure. He could not explain why the unit had what looks like a loop through connector. When asked if someone else there could tell me more, I got nowhere.

Notes: This adaptor is still not listed on Blitzsafe's site. It looks like it is made to allow a Sony CD changer to be controlled through the TL's headunit. Along with the AUX input, it has one of those "special" Sony jacks. There is one cable exiting the box that terminiate in a 14-pin connector and then splits into another 14-pin connector of the opposite gender.

At this point, I'd give it a 50/50 chance of working. If it does not work, I'll try to figure out if the unit will make it any easier to let us tap into the XM lines is a switch-type of configuration and let everyone know.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by Draiden
1hottl and All,

There seems to be some confusion on the exact functionality on the Blitzsafe AUX adapter. Not here, but on the part of the manufacturer. I have one in my hand now and will be installing it this weekend (if I am given a time alotment from the wife). I will follow with a difinitive answer soon though. Here is where the confusion arises:

1. Emailed Blitzsafe engineers numerous times when looking for this unit. Was told that it was in production and would be out soon. Was told that you activate the unit by pressing the CD input button twice. Was also told that it hooks inline with the NAVI and does not disrupt XM. I confirmed this 2 times, being anal as I am. So, I ordered it.

2. Called them last week to ask a question about the possibility of an iPod adaptor and ran my original question by the guy again. He says that he thinks that it does kill XM bus was not sure. He could not explain why the unit had what looks like a loop through connector. When asked if someone else there could tell me more, I got nowhere.

Notes: This adaptor is still not listed on Blitzsafe's site. It looks like it is made to allow a Sony CD changer to be controlled through the TL's headunit. Along with the AUX input, it has one of those "special" Sony jacks. There is one cable exiting the box that terminiate in a 14-pin connector and then splits into another 14-pin connector of the opposite gender.

At this point, I'd give it a 50/50 chance of working. If it does not work, I'll try to figure out if the unit will make it any easier to let us tap into the XM lines is a switch-type of configuration and let everyone know.
Thanks for the info Draiden. Tell your wife that we all would like you to have the time allotment this weekend!! I'll wait patiently for the details! Thanks!
Old 10-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
This is possible!

I have posted a way to get an AUX stereo input and still keep the XM without any wire cutting or anything like that in several forums.

I will copy and paste how to do this from the www.edmunds.com forum. Here it is:

I have been on www.acura-tl.com and www.acura-tsx.com to get answers to my questions, but I can't seem to get a straight answer. I'm pretty sure this setup will work if you want to add an AUX input to your 2004-2005 Honda Accord with XM radio from the factory, 2004-2005 Acura TL, and 2005 Acura TSX with XM radio from the factory. Here is what you need:

1.) Honda Bus Cable 2 Port -
http://honda.autowebaccessories.com...24_127_5510.php

2.) Blitzsafe adapter - http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/H...nd_0_p_200.html

If you have navigation, then you'll have to go to the drop-down menu near the top of the page for the Blitzsafe adapter (where it says "Options" in yellow) and choose the adapter for navigation. It will add $39.00 to the already expensive price, because the adapter for cars with navigation mutes the sound whenever the navigation prompts talk to you.

The other Honda Bus Cable 2 Port adapter is pretty cheap at $29.69.

Here is how you install it:

1.) Go to www.handa-accessories.com. Choose "Honda". Then Choose "Accord". Select 2003-2005. Near the left where it says "Audio & Electronics", choose "Cassette Player", then select "View Installation Instructions". A PDF will pop up. At the bottom right of the first page is what the Bus Cable 2 Port will look like. Pay attention to step 14 on page 7. This will allow you to hook up the Bus Cable 2 Port in between the XM radio interface. You just have to unplug the XM radio interace and plug in the Bus Cable 2 Port in between the two cables you just unplugged. After you connect this, you should have one end of the Bus Cable 2 Port that should be free. This is the end where you have to plug in the Blitzsafe adapter with 14-pin connector.

The Blitzsafe adapter will allow you to input any RCA stereo source you want to. Since I have a DVD player routing video to my navigation screen (in my 2004 Accord) but the sound is FM modulated, I wanted a way top get CD-quality sound. I can then just route the sound coming from the avelectronics TV tuner (www.avelectronic.com) to the Blitzsafe adapter. The Audiobahn DVD player that I have can also play mp3s, which is very cool. After you have this hooked up, then I think you can then just press the "CD/SAT Radio" button four times (or something like that) and a CD-C will show up on the screen, indicating that the stereo thinks that you have a CD changer installed.

I have not tried this yet, but I will this weekend.

Also, look in the TSX community for updates to this as well. Try here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16057
Old 10-21-2004, 05:36 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
I have posted a way to get an AUX stereo input and still keep the XM without any wire cutting or anything like that in several forums.

I will copy and paste how to do this from the www.edmunds.com forum. Here it is:

I have been on www.acura-tl.com and www.acura-tsx.com to get answers to my questions, but I can't seem to get a straight answer. I'm pretty sure this setup will work if you want to add an AUX input to your 2004-2005 Honda Accord with XM radio from the factory, 2004-2005 Acura TL, and 2005 Acura TSX with XM radio from the factory. Here is what you need:

1.) Honda Bus Cable 2 Port -
http://honda.autowebaccessories.com...24_127_5510.php

2.) Blitzsafe adapter - http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/H...nd_0_p_200.html

If you have navigation, then you'll have to go to the drop-down menu near the top of the page for the Blitzsafe adapter (where it says "Options" in yellow) and choose the adapter for navigation. It will add $39.00 to the already expensive price, because the adapter for cars with navigation mutes the sound whenever the navigation prompts talk to you.

The other Honda Bus Cable 2 Port adapter is pretty cheap at $29.69.

Here is how you install it:

1.) Go to www.handa-accessories.com. Choose "Honda". Then Choose "Accord". Select 2003-2005. Near the left where it says "Audio & Electronics", choose "Cassette Player", then select "View Installation Instructions". A PDF will pop up. At the bottom right of the first page is what the Bus Cable 2 Port will look like. Pay attention to step 14 on page 7. This will allow you to hook up the Bus Cable 2 Port in between the XM radio interface. You just have to unplug the XM radio interace and plug in the Bus Cable 2 Port in between the two cables you just unplugged. After you connect this, you should have one end of the Bus Cable 2 Port that should be free. This is the end where you have to plug in the Blitzsafe adapter with 14-pin connector.

The Blitzsafe adapter will allow you to input any RCA stereo source you want to. Since I have a DVD player routing video to my navigation screen (in my 2004 Accord) but the sound is FM modulated, I wanted a way top get CD-quality sound. I can then just route the sound coming from the avelectronics TV tuner (www.avelectronic.com) to the Blitzsafe adapter. The Audiobahn DVD player that I have can also play mp3s, which is very cool. After you have this hooked up, then I think you can then just press the "CD/SAT Radio" button four times (or something like that) and a CD-C will show up on the screen, indicating that the stereo thinks that you have a CD changer installed.

I have not tried this yet, but I will this weekend.

Also, look in the TSX community for updates to this as well. Try here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16057

Thanks so much for this post!!!!! Rep points to you! Please let us know the outcome after the install.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Racer

Outstanding. Now if I can just branch that one more time to play DVD OR to play the Ipod
Old 10-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Sweeeeeeeeeet

I just received the Honda Bus Cable 2 Port in the mail in only a friggin' day! I did the regular ground shipping two days ago (Tuesday night), and it came today! Well after I got the center console apart, I installed the thing without failure. I'm just waiting for the Blitzsafe adapter to get to me.

One thing that was mentioned on the "View Installation Instructions" PDF file for the cassette player when you visit www.handa-accessories.com was the fact that it says to "Locate the vehicle connector blue-taped to the vehicle harness on the driver's side of the center console." In my Accord it was actually on the passenger's side, so watch out for that. It was after I got the damn thing in that the PDF also says, "NOTE: On some early VIN vehicles, the connector may be on the passenger's side of the console."

Oh well, I guess I was too excited about getting the damn thing connected.

Also, I did verify that the connector was interrupting the XM radio. After I unplugged the vehicle harness from the vehicle connector, I turned on the car and the XM radio did not even show up as an option. Just the CD player. After I installed the Bus Cable 2 Port, I tried the XM radio again, and it worked. In order to get the CD-C display on my navigation screen, I need to have something installed and hooked up to the other end of the Bus Cable 2 Port. I hope this Blitzsafe adapter comes this weekend so that I can show people how to do this! I hope this works!

So far so good!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Team Nighthawk President

I just received the Honda Bus Cable 2 Port in the mail in only a friggin' day! I did the regular ground shipping two days ago (Tuesday night), and it came today! Well after I got the center console apart, I installed the thing without failure. I'm just waiting for the Blitzsafe adapter to get to me.

One thing that was mentioned on the "View Installation Instructions" PDF file for the cassette player when you visit www.handa-accessories.com was the fact that it says to "Locate the vehicle connector blue-taped to the vehicle harness on the driver's side of the center console." In my Accord it was actually on the passenger's side, so watch out for that. It was after I got the damn thing in that the PDF also says, "NOTE: On some early VIN vehicles, the connector may be on the passenger's side of the console."

Oh well, I guess I was too excited about getting the damn thing connected.

Also, I did verify that the connector was interrupting the XM radio. After I unplugged the vehicle harness from the vehicle connector, I turned on the car and the XM radio did not even show up as an option. Just the CD player. After I installed the Bus Cable 2 Port, I tried the XM radio again, and it worked. In order to get the CD-C display on my navigation screen, I need to have something installed and hooked up to the other end of the Bus Cable 2 Port. I hope this Blitzsafe adapter comes this weekend so that I can show people how to do this! I hope this works!

So far so good!

Good deal!!! Tell Blitzsafe to hurry up!!! We are ALL waiting!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 05:54 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Maybe everyone can call Blitzsafe and tell them to hurry the hell up for me. Hell, 50 calls telling to hurry this guys' order up will probably do!

DAMMIT! I just checked my order status at AUTOTOYS, and they said they haven't been paid yet. Stupid Paypal. I used paypal because of the free shipping option. I swear that service is incredibly damn slow. So unfortunately, I most likely will not get the device until sometime next week!
Old 10-22-2004, 06:01 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Hopefully they did not update your status at Autotoys. Why don't you check paypal's website to see if you can see the status of your payment? Good luck!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

I checked the Paypal website and the status was "unclear", with an expected clearing date of today (10/22/04). I don't know where AUTOTOYS is based, but I highly doubt that even if the item ships out today, that I will actually receive it by tomorrow. I got my other item very fast though, so I guess you never know.

Check out AUTOTOYS's website. Thay have some pretty cools stuff in there.

After I do get the Blitzsafe adapter, it will take me about 60 second me for to install it as the dash is somewhat taken apart. I will keep everyone posted, and hopefully, if I can find my damn digital camera, I'll post some pics.

BTW, I've never done that before, how do you post pics? Do you have to go on to photobucket or imagestation or anything like that? I want them to post on this website, not have a link go to them. That's retarded.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

I have been getting a lot of private messenges about the Bus Cable 2 Port and Blitzsafe adapters, so I will share what I wrote to the people who inquired about these products.

This is typically how this setup should work. The arrows represent a typical audio signal (no specific type, just an audio signal).

DVD, mp3 player-->Blitzsafe adapter-->Bus Cable 2 Port-->XM interruption-->headunit

I guess I should clarify the above response.

I assume you have a 2004 Acura TL with navigation. If you have an earlier car, you should not need the Bus Cable 2 Port. You should just get the Blitzsafe adapter here:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/H...nd_0_p_200.html

Check first to see if your application fits. If you have a 2004 TL, I would imagine that it would work since they should have the same connections, but you may want to call them and double check. I would hate to have you spend money that is wasted.

If, however, you do have a 2004+ TL with navigation, then look at this thread titled "Blitzsafe".

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=88181&page=1

This thread should explain everything that you need to buy, install, and work both adapters. I guess since I have some free time, I'll explain it now.

Let's say you have a DVD or mp3 player and it's FM modulated You hate the static. I can only assume that you bought the TV tuner from avelectronic. Right now, audio and video is going (via RCA cables) to the TV tuner. This is how my setup is right now. From the avelectronic TV tuner, there is a built-in FM modulator. The FM modulator has a cable which is then routed from the trunk (in my car) to just below the center cubby hole in the center console in the dash to the FM cables. I hate this setup because even though the sound is OK, I want crystal clear sound from my DVD player (or at least better than being FM-modulated). Is this how you have your setup?

So now that we have established that you want better sound, lets say that you have the factory XM radio installed in your 2004+ TL. If you want to lose it, just get the Blitzsafe adapter above, install it, and your problems are solved.

If, however, you want to keep your XM radio along with adding an AUX input, then this is the soultion that I propose. You need to get the Bus Cable 2 Port (FOR NAVIGATION, MAKE SURE YOU READ THE DROP DOWN MENU) from here:

http://honda.autowebaccessories.com/...4_127_5510.php

I ordered this unit Tuesday night and it came yesterday. Shipping was incredibly fast. Basically, the Bus Cable 2 Port interrupts the XM signal bus from the cable to the headunit. In my Accord, after I took apart the center console and lower dash, along with the cubby hole, installation took about 2 minutes. The hardest part was getting apart the dash (which I knew how to do thanks to www.handa-accessories.com). I know they don't have installation instructions for 2004+ TLs yet because the TL already has a cassette installed. You'll have to look elsewhere to find out how to take apart the cubbyhole. I would imagine that the Accord and TL MIGHT be similar, but don't hold me to that.

Alright. The Bus Cable 2 Port is just a "Y" adapter, with 2 ends that look exactly the same (female end) and the other end is a male end. The people that shipped this item (Bus Cable 2 Port) to me included instructions how to remove the center console and such for my Accord. Call them and see if they have something for the TL. I would bet they do.

After you find out how to take apart the dash (the first time is always the most time-consuming), my installation instructions
told me to look for a blue-taped bus cable vehicle connector on the driver's side below the navigation system, in the cubby hole space. It will have some "foam" looking stuff around the connection (EPT sealers). My vehicle connector ended being on the passenger's side of the cubby hole. The installation instrctions for the Accord actually told me this, but I didn't see this right away. To see it, you will definitely have to get on the floor because you can't see it sitting in the seat.

I took an exacto blade and cut open the blue tape. Be careful not to cut yourself or the cable. I then took apart the connector. Just to verify that this connector was in fact the XM radio inteface cable, I started the car and pressed the "CD/SAT Radio button" multiple times, but only the CD player kept coming up. So I was headed in the right track.

I plugged the male end of the Bus Cable 2 Port into the female end of the cable I just unplugged. I then plugged one of the female ends of the Bus Cable 2 Port into the male end of the cable that I just unplugged. The original XM circuit is now completed. If you get this far, turn on the car and check to verify that the XM is working again. It was working again on my car. You should then have a free female end of the Bus Cable 2 Port free.

***Anything below this line I have not tried yet.***

The free end of the Bus Cable 2 Port is where the Blitzsafe adapter plugs into. After you plug in the Blitzsafe adapter, just plug in a pair (left and right signals) of RCA cables into the Blitzsafe adapter, hook up those ends of the RCA cables to the avelectronic TV tuner, turn on the TV tuner, turn on the source (DVD player, mp3 player, etc), and then press the "CD/SAT Radio" button multiple times (I'm not sure how many times you need to push it), and the display should read "CD-C", indicating to the headunit that a CD changer is installed. You should now hear sound coming from the source that you select. I would imagine that whatever the source is and whatever is displayed (CD-C or XM) the sound should come through on whatever source you have chosen (DVD player, mp3 player, etc). If you turn off the SOURCE (DVD player, mp3 player, etc.), then the original XM radio should come back and you should hear XM radio sound. In other words, the Buc Cable 2 Port is just interrupting the XM radio audio feed. I will verify this once I get the Blitzsafe adapter, but I have heard people like I-MOD (from the TSX board) do this.

Like I said, I have not yet tried the above steps quite yet, but I will once I get the Blitzsafe adapter. Hopefully the stupid thing comes soon.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Paypal just sent me an e-mail saying that the payment transaction was complete. Let's see when Autotoys ships out my Blitzsafe adapter!
Old 10-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

OK, so going through Autotoys was a mistake. They still show that the transaction is processing since about three days ago. I know they may not update their website often, but at least have a phone number to call! What the hell is going on? To top it all off, they don't even have a phone number I can call to find the status of my order. They have not returned any e-mails that I have sent them. I better get my order before I leave for Jacksonville on 11/2.

I'm beginning to think I should have gone through Logjam and paid a little extra money.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Mmmmmm... Anthracite

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gatrhumpy,

Just to clarify. You are doing this to a 2004 Accord? and NOT a 2004+ TL, right?
Old 10-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Racer

I just emailed blitzsafe to get clarification on their adapter for our 3gTL:

I have a 2004 Acura TL with the navigation feature including XM radio. Does your audio aux in allow me to retain all my current features (tape, cd, xm, navigation) or does it take away one of my existing modes to be replaced by your unit? Is this a plug and play unit and is there anything else besides the audio feed (rca cords) that is needed to output sound?

So I wonder how long it will take to get a response, they did verify over the phone that my plug was shipped on friday.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Originally Posted by Aspector Gadget
gatrhumpy,

Just to clarify. You are doing this to a 2004 Accord? and NOT a 2004+ TL, right?

Yes, I am doing this for a 2004 Accord with navigation. It should be a similar setup with a 2004 TL. I'll let you know (if) when I ever get that Blitzsafe adapter. I'm incredibly pissed because Autotoys does not have a phone number that I can call them to check the status of my order. Grrrrrrr.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:02 PM
User

Help with ordering Blitzsafe...

If anyone has trouble purchasing a Blitzsafe conector let me know, I work at an auto accessory store in Baltimore. We order directly from Blitzsafe. I just got my connector last week, still waiting for the TL though.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Photoshops, and Polls!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question to all: Has anyone successfully insalled the blitzsafe adapter that will replace the AV electronics FM modulator for the 3G tl?

If so, please let us know how it went, instructions, details, improved sound quality etc..

Can you get 5.1 surround out of these things?
Old 10-25-2004, 07:18 AM
Racer

The free end of the Bus Cable 2 Port is where the Blitzsafe adapter plugs into. After you plug in the Blitzsafe adapter, just plug in a pair (left and right signals) of RCA cables into the Blitzsafe adapter, hook up those ends of the RCA cables to the avelectronic TV tuner, turn on the TV tuner, turn on the source (DVD player, mp3 player, etc), and then press the "CD/SAT Radio" button multiple times (I'm not sure how many times you need to push it), and the display should read "CD-C", indicating to the headunit that a CD changer is installed. You should now hear sound coming from the source that you select. I would imagine that whatever the source is and whatever is displayed (CD-C or XM) the sound should come through on whatever source you have chosen (DVD player, mp3 player, etc). If you turn off the SOURCE (DVD player, mp3 player, etc.), then the original XM radio should come back and you should hear XM radio sound. In other words, the Buc Cable 2 Port is just interrupting the XM radio audio feed. I will verify this once I get the Blitzsafe adapter, but I have heard people like I-MOD (from the TSX board) do this.

Like I said, I have not yet tried the above steps quite yet, but I will once I get the Blitzsafe adapter. Hopefully the stupid thing comes soon.
I just don't get how it would work like this. Our XM has it's own button. The way the avelectronics works when you tie into the xm you just click the avelectronics remote and it overrides the xm audio feed (but at half the volume... (sucks ass)). I live near "I-MOD" and he had done most of the work in my TL so far so I know he can come up with a sollution, when he does I will post it up.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:24 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Josh, when we get John's 2 port harness in we can try this out on your TL. I have installed about 4 of these setups so far in TXS's and have had perfect results.

D.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by I-MOD
Josh, when we get John's 2 port harness in we can try this out on your TL. I have installed about 4 of these setups so far in TXS's and have had perfect results.

D.
Is it going to your house? I know he got a bunch of parts in the other day. I will take his.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:26 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

No, he should get them in. But we can try it in your car when we do his install to see if it will work. If it does then we will get yours setup

D.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Intermediate

So, at this point, we still don't know if this method works on the '04/'05 TL with NAVI?
Old 10-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Does anyone know if Logjam is any better at shipping if I bought the Blitzsafe adapter from them? I'm getting tired of not hearing anything from Autotoys. I think I might order this from Logjam and just sell the other adapter when I get it.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:20 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Originally Posted by Attorney
So, at this point, we still don't know if this method works on the '04/'05 TL with NAVI?

I'm going to try to do it on the 04 TL this week and will see if it works

D.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

I hope to get the Blitzsafe adapter before friggin' Friday so that I can put this in at or before the mods meet this Saturday. Friggin' autotoys...
Old 10-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Alright, I got ANOTHER Blitzsafe adapter through another source, just because autotoys.com is a waste of webspace. They don't answer e-mails and take waaaaaaay too long to ship and process stuff. My Blitzsafe adapter should be coming in tomorrow of Wesnesday, so when I get my other Blitzsafe adapter I will be selling it to the highest bidder!
Old 10-26-2004, 07:36 AM

Can someone please summarize and clarify this post? It's getting confusing as hell!

Question 1: Which Adapter is best for 3rd Gen Nav for sound?
Question 2: Where did you get the adapter, and what is cost
Question 3: What is install process assuming you have AV electronics gear and dvd player
Question 4: What is quality? your opinion? how's it sound?
Old 10-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by Jerky
Can someone please summarize and clarify this post? It's getting confusing as hell!

Question 1: Which Adapter is best for 3rd Gen Nav for sound?
Question 2: Where did you get the adapter, and what is cost
Question 3: What is install process assuming you have AV electronics gear and dvd player
Question 4: What is quality? your opinion? how's it sound?

Right now we do not have answers to your questions. A couple of people have purchased the 2 adapters needed. One is trying it on a TL and the other on an 04 Accord w/nav. They will post results as soon as they complete it to let us know how it goes.

PS..Look at post #55, it gives a pretty good explanation to some of your questions but at this point no one has tried it from beginning to end to say it will actually work on our TL
Old 10-26-2004, 07:53 AM

Thanks! Thanks to everyone who is testing and letting us know info...much appreciated
Old 10-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

I just cancelled my order with autotoys.com. If you want to get the Blitzsafe adapter, do not go through them. They are slow as hell (although they did refund my money very fast) and they say free shipping if you use paypal, but it's slow as hell.

I ended up going through Bryan (410-668-8900). The total cost of the item was $73 (including shipping) to my door. I should receive the item tomorrow (Wednesday). I'm incredibly excited and can't wait to get the Blitzsafe adapter. I got the HON/SNY ITI v2 Blitzsafe adapter. Yes, you read that price right, it was $73 including shipping. That's about $30-$60 cheaper than anyone else. Bryan was EXTREMELY helpful with my questions (he's even trying this himself on his TL) and shipping will (should) be fast. Hell, I ordered the darn thing yesterday (it ships from New Jersey) and I'm in Maryland.

If you want this item, give Bryan a call!

I will verify that this item works tomorrow!
Old 10-27-2004, 07:12 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Jerky
Thanks! Thanks to everyone who is testing and letting us know info...much appreciated
No problem, we are going to try to come up with a fix this weekend. Hopefully everything works out
Old 10-27-2004, 07:21 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

I have confirmed this works fine on the Accord and TSX. After 9 successful installs with no problems it's a safe bet. I have been running it on my TSX for over 6 months now without any problems at all. We are going to try the setup this weekend on Josh's TL and will let you know.

D.

Originally Posted by 1hottl
Right now we do not have answers to your questions. A couple of people have purchased the 2 adapters needed. One is trying it on a TL and the other on an 04 Accord w/nav. They will post results as soon as they complete it to let us know how it goes.

PS..Look at post #55, it gives a pretty good explanation to some of your questions but at this point no one has tried it from beginning to end to say it will actually work on our TL
Old 10-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Safety Car

is the factory tape deck using a port? can we use that as an aux port? i have absolutely no use for that ancient technology. i would not mine losing the ability to use it at all. in fact it would be great if i could press the tape/disc button and toggle between the cd and ipod.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Well I'm extremely disappointed. I received the Blitzsafe adapter, but when I plug it in to the Bus Cable 2 Port, I get excellent sound. But when I take the remote and turn off the avelectronics TV tuner, I don't get XM sound, even though XM is displayed on the little display above the navigation unit. I wanted to toggle between CD, XM radio, and CD-C (my DVD player) by pressing the "CD/SAT Radio" button, but I do not get XM sound. I-MOD, can you get me with this?
Old 10-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

I plugged in the Bus Cable 2 Port just like it said on here (http://www.handa-accessories.com/accelect03.html) under the "View Installation Instructions" for the Cassette Player for the 2004 Honda Accord. It's step number 15. I got XM radio. As soon as I plugged in the Blitzsafe adapter into the free female end of the Bus Cable 2 Port, I did not get XM but the AUX source (DVD player). The Blitzsafe adapter is doing something screwy and overriding the XM radio audio (it still says XM on the little display even though the AUX source audio is still playing). Can anyone help me? I got it to display CD-D on the display, and it was playing the audio from my DVD player, but when I went back to the XM radio, the audio source was still playing. Help me!

Quick Reply: Blitzsafe