The BEST IPOD Addon EVER - HK D&P 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The BEST IPOD Addon EVER - HK D&P 2

I just got my new cruthfield catalog and noticed the new HK Drive and Play v2. Holy crap.. It's wireless at 2.4g so you plug it into cig lighter, other end into AUX (for 07's) the screen is all wireless, nothing else to run wires from. It comes out end of April for 399.00 if i remember correctly.. Much better full color screen and shows album covers, does BT phone, etc.. Check it out on hk's website.

Im surprised no one else noticed this yet. Still the biggest problem is, where do you put the screen in a TL, there isnt really a good place other then the dashboard but it's just waiting to get stolen there..
Old 04-05-2007, 12:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Nice find!

Here are specs pulled from the Harman Kardon website. I've bolded features that I thought are new/different/cool.

* Compatible with Apple’s iPod®, USB flash memory drives and many other portable music players
* 3.5” full color display screen
* Wireless 2.4GHz controller
* Media hub provides connectivity, power, and audio
* Full-music browsing and control
* Built-in wireless FM transmitter
* 3.5mm direct audio output
* Wired FM transmitter included
* Displays album art
* Display screen is skinnable allowing change of appearance with built-in themes, or download additional themes from the web.
* Automatic Music Mix makes “channels” of music, grouped according to your taste and habits
* Fast letter search with speech confirmation
* Updateable firmware so Drive + Play 2 is never outdated.

OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES:
(Shipping later this year.)

* Satellite Radio kit – Allows display control of SIRIUS® satellite radio tuners
* Bluetooth® cell phone kit – Adds complete hands-free phonebook and caller ID.

I am interested in seeing this thing in action. As for mounting locations, here are some threads on the Drive+Play version 1:
Old 04-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats real nice but damn $400 is too much for an ipod connection, eventhough it can do more but we already have both bluetooth and sat radio.

Good find
Old 04-05-2007, 01:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm hoping they come out with a home dock station that has the same features. Then I can integrate it with the Dom and PIE X3 already in my car.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now if you go to the HK site, you get error messages from the server but im sure so this so new that they dont have the info. Not sure how crutchfield has it before the designer.

All day I was trying to figure out where to put it, this unit is bigger (the screen so its even trickier to hide). Cant wait to see the product manual. No info if you can display video on the screen yet since not much docs on it yet, but that would be freaking slick.