Background Color setting in navi?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Background Color setting in navi?

Does anyone what the background color buttons change on the navi display?
I've cycled through all of the colors, but I don't see any changes to the
display screen.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Those 4 colors will only show the tiny difference in your button or others shade areas, not really the background colors.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I had my TSX with the original navi DVD the background colors changed (VERY noticable)... but after I had upgraded to the new version - the background colors stopped changing..>.. I noticed the same thing you are normanb

and Welcome to the forums!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to change navigation colors:

Press and hold the following three navigation buttons at the same time:
* Map
* Menu
*Cancel
The screen will change into the diagnostic mode which will then allow you to enter the developer mode. Once in the diagnostic mode, push and hold the menu button. A new screen will appear and one of the options is color settings. Go to town!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Intermediate

Max bright for instrument panels and you should see the difference.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:04 AM
3rd Gear

changing navigation background colors

My navigation screen background colors used to change when car was new, but I've noticed over the last couple of weeks this feature does not work any more. So, since the vehicle is still under warranty, I decided to report it to the dealer. I will get it back today as well as having the backup sensor added. I know they look ugly, but after a small incident where I backed into a pole at about 1 MPH and it scuffed my bumper, I was upset. So, for $800.00 dealer is installing the sensors and repairing the bumper blemish for another $200.00. Will post here the dealer solution to correct the navigation background color not working.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Advanced

make sure when you are changing the background colors, you toggle between night and day to change both because you might only be changing one but since it's not that time of the day, you're not seeing it.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:28 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

yeah i left mine on blue
~jason
Old 04-26-2007, 04:55 PM
3rd Gear

Background Color setting in Navi

Interesting, yesterday I sent my 2006 TL to the dealer to report this problem. My care only has 12,890 miles and the color option used to change the color of the maps from RED to BLUE to GRAY to ABMER. Well, mine stopped changing color about a year ago and I never made a fuss over it until now while the car is still under warranty. So, the dealer verified the color change does not work, and then told me it only works on the 2007....WRONG!!!! I informed the dealer I remember my screen changing to an ugly red and I know it worked at one time. The replaced the module, and the CD. I just picked it up and guess what......it still does not work. I notice someone posted pressing the MAP, MENU, and CANCEL keys together which I've not tired, but my dealer is not going to get off that easy. Will keep you posted. I've tried changing the brightness between DAY and NIGHT settings and manually changed the brightness with the option on SETUP #1 or#2. No color changes noted :-(

JoeG.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:30 AM
3rd Gear

Background Color setting in navi

OK, so I have played with this and my findings are still not conclusive. I know shortly after buying my TL, I played with the colors and the difference was noticeable when you change from BLUE to RED to GRAY to AMBER. This function seems to have stopped working. The dealer is saying the 07s are the ones with this feature enabled, and I asked why does my manual include a description as well as my system have buttons which are labeled BLUE, GRAY, RED and AMBER and why did I see it work in the past?

The dealer has changed my system, I tried using the diagnostics setting (MENU/MAP/CANCEL all pressed together) which are pretty cool, but even in diagnostic mode when I change the color and press SET, and they fail to stay when I exit diagnostic mode. So, again this morning I'm talking to the dealer. They are going to do more exploring and hope to have an answer as to what the deal or problem is.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Ev an' Tec

Originally Posted by joegiii
OK, so I have played with this and my findings are still not conclusive. I know shortly after buying my TL, I played with the colors and the difference was noticeable when you change from BLUE to RED to GRAY to AMBER. This function seems to have stopped working. The dealer is saying the 07s are the ones with this feature enabled, and I asked why does my manual include a description as well as my system have buttons which are labeled BLUE, GRAY, RED and AMBER and why did I see it work in the past?

The dealer has changed my system, I tried using the diagnostics setting (MENU/MAP/CANCEL all pressed together) which are pretty cool, but even in diagnostic mode when I change the color and press SET, and they fail to stay when I exit diagnostic mode. So, again this morning I'm talking to the dealer. They are going to do more exploring and hope to have an answer as to what the deal or problem is.
The last time I checked, there seemed to be a palette of colors to set. In other words, there might be 128 or 256 colors, and for each one you'd tune the amount of Red, Green and Blue to change that color. The question is really -- which color-number is the color which is used for the background-color-blue, and background-color-gray, etc? Because you don't want to mess up the color of the other map elements or graphical elements if you just want to change the background-color.

And it's a real challenge -- there are a dozen colors which all look like they could be the dark background color. They don't have names, only numbers. So you might need to write down all their settings, so you can undo your changes if you do the wrong one.

So... If and when you figure out what color is the one to change, please post! If I figure it out, I'll post it. Maybe someone with a lot of time on their hands already has! Maybe it's already in a different thread!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:06 PM
7th Gear

Diagnostic mode works but doesnt stick

Ok, I went into the diagnostic mode and I was able to change all my colors by hand via the RGB values. after you adjust each color you have to press set and then return and all of changes should show up in the map. Sounds great, but then turn off your car and turn it back on and its back to the default settings. Crap!! I'm guessing the only way to make the color changes stick it to figure out where the color settings are in the bin files and then update the bins and load them as we do with the other navi hacks. We just need someone to figure out which bits in which files need to be changed. I'm sure its not far fetched for a programmer to develop a program and add it to our navi hack arsenal, we just need to find someone willing to spend the time to do it.