Audio fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio fuse?

i tried driving my car recently and the audio was not working. my battery recently died so i assumed i had to punch in the radio code but couldn't even get that option to show up. when i tried pressing any audio buttons, nothing turned on.

so i took my car to the dealership who diagnosed that my audio fuse was blown because metal came in contact with my ipod connector. can someone confirm if that would cause an audio fuse to go out?

what makes matters worse is the dealership charged me $1XX to diagnose the problem to replace a $3 fuse?

did i just get ripped off? can anyone point me to a DIY thread that shows how I can change an audio fuse myself? (tried searching but found nothing)
Old 05-05-2011, 04:52 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jsong83
i tried driving my car recently and the audio was not working. my battery recently died so i assumed i had to punch in the radio code but couldn't even get that option to show up. when i tried pressing any audio buttons, nothing turned on.

so i took my car to the dealership who diagnosed that my audio fuse was blown because metal came in contact with my ipod connector. can someone confirm if that would cause an audio fuse to go out?

what makes matters worse is the dealership charged me $1XX to diagnose the problem to replace a $3 fuse?

did i just get ripped off? can anyone point me to a DIY thread that shows how I can change an audio fuse myself? (tried searching but found nothing)
Sorry to hear that. When you sit in the drivers seat check out the kick panel next to the brake. Slide the little black plastic back and this covers the fuse panel. Read the inside cover and this will tell you which one is the radio fuse, ignition fuse, DRL bulb fuse, etc! If you get into a jam again, I would definitely suggesting doing a couple searching before going back to your stealership. This site has saved my $1,000's....well minus the modding...lol.