Audio connection for iPod & DVD

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Audio connection for iPod & DVD

I have the iPod and a DVD player in my car...Here's what I have done...

I have taken the audio out cables from the iPod and the DVD player and have attached them together (to make one wire - obviously the positive and negative are separate )...I then connected this "one wire" to the extra harness that I bought (so that I don't have to strip the factory harness)...I connected this in the area behind the radio and I got rid of my XM by doing this but that's okay...this relates to the "DIY AUX IN" thread posted a while back...

The dilemma is that if I don't turn the DVD player on, I will hear static when playing songs just from my iPod...I tried connecting just the iPod alone and it works fine and I also tried connecting the DVD player separately and that sounds fine also...but when I connect them both and make it into "one wire" then I have to have the DVD player on to get good sound from the iPod...any ideas as to why this could be happening? is there some signal booster or something that I could purchase to avoid turning the DVD player on every time I listen to the iPod in my car?

The same thing happened when I connected the video wires from both units into "one video wire"...picture quality got blurry a little...

I'm just afraid that if I accidentally leave my DVD player on one day and forget to turn it off, then I might just drain the battery, hence it would be more of a hassle!!! The sound is AMAZING though...CD QUALITY sound...no problems...easy installation...

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!!! Thank you!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u need to splice in a little 5 cent radio shack toggle switch between the two so only one is connecting at a time.