AUDIO CD....JAM....Grrr

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:10 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AUDIO CD....JAM....Grrr

1000 miles and already a problem, yesterday like any other day for as long as I can remember, I was listening to my CD's and when the CD was over it ejected automatically and the other 5 are stuck inside.... ....
So today I called the dealer which asks me if these are store bought or burnt?...I say both and he says that this could be the reason since they're of different thickness... , maybe if you do the relabeling which I don't, and these are the same CD's I have been playing in all my other vehicles including my wife's Ody....
Oh well I have an appointment for Friday and see what happens..( I knew that Bose makes a better system and that's why I miss the RSX-S, my previous ride... )
Old 04-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been listening to pre-recorded discs, burnt discs (various CD-R media), DVD-A, and DualDiscs. So far, not a problem. Besides the manual says it supports all of the above except DualDisc. None the less, it still plays. One thing that needs to be mentioned (excerpt from pg. 143, 04 Owner's Manual):
General Information:
- When using a CD-R discs, use only high quality discs labled for audio use.
- When recording a CD-R, the recording must be closed for it to be used by the disc changer.
- Play only standard round discs. Odd shaped discs may jam in the drive or cause other problmes.
- Handle your discs properly to prevent damage and skipping.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ejected automatically? Mine has never done that.

Did you have a stick-on label on any of the discs?
Old 04-22-2005, 09:01 AM
HEK

UPDATE.....grrr

Originally Posted by wolftag
Ejected automatically? Mine has never done that.

Did you have a stick-on label on any of the discs?
nope, I use as Sharpie to write the title of the main track...anyways I just got back from the dealer...no they could not remove the CD's or make it work so I'm getting a new radio, the kicker is that he doesn't know if I can get the CD's back because they will have to send it to the factory and they may......DAMAGE THEM!!!! while trying to get them out....well if they don't I at least better get some free stuff from them or else....I will cry.....
Old 04-30-2005, 10:55 AM
HEK

...A week ...and no CD player

was promised the new radio would be at the dealer on Tuesday..(last Tuesday) but since I was going to be vacationing in Puerto Rico, I made an appointment for TODAY !!!...but when I got home I got a call to let me know that the radio was still in transit and they didn't have a tracking # so they will call me by this coming TUESDAY!!! so that I can make another appointment....I thought the Pony Express was gone back with the Wild West.... ...
Old 05-07-2005, 07:13 AM
HEK

Update 5/7/05

Well kids, got my radio replaced and was told that after I brought it to their attention there have been 3 other TL's and one RL with the same issue, so now they're going to keep on hand a small supply of radios.
He mentioned that most ppl use the XM and maybe they should be using the CD changer like myself because once the 4 year warranty is gone ...well you know the rest....later..
Old 05-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Team SSM

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/one-less-member-al-qaida-80410/

something like that happened to me, they blamed it on a burned cd, and warned me if it happens again warranty will not cover it, haha bs

I never got back one of my dvd a's from them though, I got 5/6 discs!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 08:09 PM
HEK

Originally Posted by Tajam
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80410

something like that happened to me, they blamed it on a burned cd, and warned me if it happens again warranty will not cover it, haha bs

I never got back one of my dvd a's from them though, I got 5/6 discs!!!
Well amigo, thanks for the response, but all of the CD's in the radio are not burnt but store bought and the funny thing is that I had the DEMO playing at the time of the failure....so I said to the tech which BTW has been very helpfull since I've know him for the past 5 years..."I'll keep track of when I'm having you guys send this unit back to the manufacturer.....and I will expect a call no later than July '05......"...he laughed since he knows I'm anal about my car and said..."I personally will keep track..."...lol...
Old 05-12-2005, 12:31 PM
gt1
` . ' . SUV haterrr

I used to be a tech in a stereo repair shop. Jams were major source of problems with CD changers, due to fairly complicated mechanics, so I am not surprised that TL has it's share. My only advice is the one already mentioned- no labels, but it will not guarantee totally jam- free operation.