Anything like DigiOnAudio for MP3 to DVD-A?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 04:29 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything like DigiOnAudio for MP3 to DVD-A?

After huge research I figured that DigiOnAudio 2 was the best free mp3 to dvd-a conversion tool. Thanks this forum for suggestion!!!
Works fine for me for several month’s until Microsoft released XP SP2 and I get it on my pc. Now I am getting blue screen crash and don't know what to do.

Anything better then this software exists already?
Old 04-10-2005, 01:50 PM
E-Xtraordinare

I cant seem to find this program. Anyway you tell me from where you got it?!
Old 04-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaCeptak0n
Check this thread for info on DigiOn post #23 to be exact. Here is the site for the program and it is in Japanese. Use Google to translate page.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by crm_codder
After huge research I figured that DigiOnAudio 2 was the best free mp3 to dvd-a conversion tool. Thanks this forum for suggestion!!!
Works fine for me for several month’s until Microsoft released XP SP2 and I get it on my pc. Now I am getting blue screen crash and don't know what to do.

Anything better then this software exists already?
Uninstall SP2. If you're behind a firewall/router, you do not need SP2. I'm an IT consultant and I've seen SP2 do more harm than good.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by willz822
Uninstall SP2. If you're behind a firewall/router, you do not need SP2. I'm an IT consultant and I've seen SP2 do more harm than good.

what is Sp2? is the spyware software?
Old 04-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by willz822

But problem that mine new laptop came with SP2 from Sony and I can't uninstall. I did upgrade to XP Pro but can't find SP1 version anymore, even MSDN offering XP with SP2 only.
Crap I know, I found lists of software and hardware stop responding after SP2.

(I am not first day in IT too ... )
Old 04-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by g4turbo
what is Sp2? is the spyware software?
yes spysoftware from main spysoftware factory - MICROSOFT

(Windows XP SP2)
Old 04-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaCeptak0n
Program is OK; don't understand Japanese but you don't need one. Some clicks and you done.
It is 30 days evaluation version, could work longer if you change your system time back.
Makes perfect DVD-A from mp3’s and free but having issues with XP SP2.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Intermediate

You have got to be kidding!!!! Converting a horrible compression like MP3 to DVD-A???? WHY???? That's a waste of DVD's, and the sound is going to be horrible.

MP3's suck as a music technology. It's all right if you are jogging with an iPod, but in your TL????

I am going into convulsions thinking about this thread. The MP3 has been the worst thing that's ever happened to music.

The whole reason for getting a DVD-A player, like in the TL, is that the DVD holds 4.3 GB of data. An album of 14 songs means that each song contains 300 MB of data, which means that there is probably over 1MB of data per second. You get amazing sound quality. An MP3 file has less than 20KB of data per second, which means you are hearing so little of the depth and breadth of the music.

If you're going to do this, you should have bought yourself a used Ford Taurus, and connected your iPod to that pathetic sound system.

Do yourself a favor. A recorded DVD-A disc will cost somewhere around $15.00. The sound is incredible.

Pathetic.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by OrangeMarlin
You have got to be kidding!!!! Converting a horrible compression like MP3 to DVD-A???? WHY???? That's a waste of DVD's, and the sound is going to be horrible.

MP3's suck as a music technology. It's all right if you are jogging with an iPod, but in your TL????

I am going into convulsions thinking about this thread. The MP3 has been the worst thing that's ever happened to music.

The whole reason for getting a DVD-A player, like in the TL, is that the DVD holds 4.3 GB of data. An album of 14 songs means that each song contains 300 MB of data, which means that there is probably over 1MB of data per second. You get amazing sound quality. An MP3 file has less than 20KB of data per second, which means you are hearing so little of the depth and breadth of the music.

If you're going to do this, you should have bought yourself a used Ford Taurus, and connected your iPod to that pathetic sound system.

Do yourself a favor. A recorded DVD-A disc will cost somewhere around $15.00. The sound is incredible.

Pathetic.
I think it would have been easier and nicer if you just said "It's not worth the effort".
Old 04-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EpiK
I think it would have been easier and nicer if you just said "It's not worth the effort".
I was ranting. I just hate badly reproduced music. I already think that MP3 to CD conversions are insults to my ears. An MP3 to DVD-A would cause me to jump off the roof

Most musicians I know intensely dislike MP3's not so much because of the stealing of their intellectual property, but more because it is a sub-standard reflection of their music.

CD's are actually a fairly bad medium for music, but I'm not one to stand against progress. But I remember when I had got my first CD to replace an LP, and I couldn't believe how bad it sounded. And MP3's are compressing files from a late 70's technology, CD's. It's appalling. DVD-A gives 140dB of dynamic range with 0-48 khz of frequency. It's beyond the range of human hearing, but that gives a lot of headroom for high quality sound.

So no, I just can't say "it's not worth the effort."