Anyone has taken out there factory amp?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone has taken out there factory amp?

Has anyone taken out there factory amp in the 3rd gen TL? I am looking to buy that pigtail that goes into the factory amp, i don't want to cut mines up to install a 3sixty2

Thanks Nick
Old 08-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
taking it out before the amp is going to be tough. You will loose you navigation voice, HFL system and a few other smaller things. Also when you take the wires after the HU but before the AMP, the voltage will be really low, low to the point where a line driver will be needed. Your best bet is to get the signal after the amp.

OR

if you are asking for a harness so you don't cut up your factory one, post it in the Black market section, contact a member named King of Pain or stew4hd
Old 08-08-2008, 05:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I guess I am not quite sure what the question is. I didn't remove the factory amp in my first install. I did cut all the amp output speaker wires and sent those to LOCs and then to the amps. I left all the amp power and other wires intact. (I really need to get under there and reconnect all those wires since I am not using the factory head unit anymore... aah, maybe later)...

It seemed to me that taking the high output signal, post-amp, was better than the ultra low level, pre-amp, signal. It worked great, by the way. It just takes some time to layout all the wiring.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:14 AM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
taking it out before the amp is going to be tough. You will loose you navigation voice, HFL system and a few other smaller things. Also when you take the wires after the HU but before the AMP, the voltage will be really low, low to the point where a line driver will be needed. Your best bet is to get the signal after the amp.

OR

if you are asking for a harness so you don't cut up your factory one, post it in the Black market section, contact a member named King of Pain or stew4hd
Are you saying that replacing the stock amp will cause a loss of the HFL and nav voice even if you provide an amplifier channel for the center HU output?

The circuit diagrams sure make it look like all of the audio processing is done in the HU.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by RBeachTL
Are you saying that replacing the stock amp will cause a loss of the HFL and nav voice even if you provide an amplifier channel for the center HU output?

The circuit diagrams sure make it look like all of the audio processing is done in the HU.
it will since the muting wires are connect to the amp.