Anybody try Personal Voice Assistant (PVA)??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody try Personal Voice Assistant (PVA)??

I have DSL with SBC, so I can't sign up with another phone service without losing DSL. I really want to stick with DSL since I have a static IP right now, but this service looks really cool.

http://www.z-tel.com/portal/ztel/learn/i/pva.jsp

Personal Voice Assistant (PVA™). PVA enables you to manage all your contact information in one location and connect to everyone in your life effortlessly through the power of your voice.

From the looks of it, you can sign up for their unlimited plan @ $49.99/month, and get this PVA service. With the PVA service, you can do things like voice dialing from your home phone. Not only is that cool, but they give you a toll free number to use away from home to make phone calls through PVA. You can even program your cell number with PVA, so it will automatically log you in when you dial the toll free number from your cell phone, so you can make voice calls through that too.

Benefits?

- Voice dialing: Sure, the TL does voice dialing, and I'm sure if your phone has Bluetooth, it can voice dial too. But this is one single centralized database of names and numbers, seperated by home phone, office phone, mobile phone (something your TL can't really do). And you can voice dial from your home phone.

- Unlimited long distance: Maybe your plan includes it, maybe it doesn't, but that could be a perk.

Anyways, please don't think I'm in any way affiliated with this company, or even trying to promote the company here. I don't even have the service, but I'm wondering if anyone else here does, and if they use it with the TL and HFL. I really want to keep DSL, but if someone else uses this and it works well, maybe I'll switch (gulp) to cable....

Thanks!