Anybody changed their Navi?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 03:52 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anybody changed their Navi?

There was a thread a while back where gvahe told us how to change the Navi on the Acura to use the Honda Accord files to update the Navi operating system. (Read all about it here)

Has anyone else tried this yet?

If so, can your post pictures of the trip computer? I'm tempted to try it just for that functionality alone.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't the trip computer function of the Accord/MDX/TSX navi viewed on an alternate screen, similar to tapping the audio button? That is to say, you cannot superimpose trip computer data over the map screen and view them simutaneously, you have to choose one or the other. My neighbor's Camry navi can superimpose the info, but Honda's doesn't. If that is the case, then it is no longer a concern to me. Enabling the Accord software disables other TL features, such as the ability to send POI phone numbers to my phone via bluetooth. The send feature may sound trivial, but I use it more and more often and find it very convenient. While not the most elegant solution, I can still view trip computer info (minus instant MPG) via MID and navi data via the screen simutaneously. If substituting the Accord software means sacrificing more useful TL functions, I think I'd prefer to leave well enough alone.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:44 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe you're right - the Trip Computer is on a different screen. I hadn't heard about losing the "Send" feature. That would suck ...