Any other good alternative for iSimple?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any other good alternative for iSimple?

Hello I bought isimple from bestbuy and had them installed it back in feb and i have been having problem with it. it worked for about a week and then became unresponsive. i updated to latest firmware but did not help. took it apart and do a hard reset to get it to work again. after few weeks go by and it becomes unresponsive again. i have to take it out of the car and do another hard reset. I'm tired of keep taking my car apart to get to isimple for hard reset i plan to take it back to bestbuy and have it unisntalled. but i do like to be able to listen to my iphone in the car. any other adaptor that works as well as isimple but without the bugs? thanks in advance

david
Old 07-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I had a similar problem with my isimple. It worked once for about 3 minutes. 160 bucks wasted. I have not found an alternative yet. I kinda gave up because I lost so money on the isimple. No warranty from the crappy online vendor.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by daoism76
Hello I bought isimple from bestbuy and had them installed it back in feb and i have been having problem with it. it worked for about a week and then became unresponsive. i updated to latest firmware but did not help. took it apart and do a hard reset to get it to work again. after few weeks go by and it becomes unresponsive again. i have to take it out of the car and do another hard reset. I'm tired of keep taking my car apart to get to isimple for hard reset i plan to take it back to bestbuy and have it unisntalled. but i do like to be able to listen to my iphone in the car. any other adaptor that works as well as isimple but without the bugs? thanks in advance

david
If you bought the iSimple it from and had it installed by BestBuy, then go back to them and get it fixed or replaced. I have an iSimple as well that BB installed and it's great. It needs a firmware update to fix some stuff, but I haven't had time to take it back to BB for them to do it. That's the beauty of their install warranty. They'll take the car apart, upgrade the firmware and put it back together for free.

Joe
Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Try this one. I searched after I read your post and found PA15-ACU XL. Looks promising....
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA15...120&tab=review
Old 07-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Instructor

thanks mine is 06 non navi. PA15-ACU seems to work with 07 and up
Old 07-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Instructor

does anyone if i need to take it to the bestbuy i bought it from or can i take it to any bestbuy? the one close to my house didn't have it in stock so i took it to another bb that's kinda far....
Old 04-09-2016, 07:46 PM
2007 6SMT Type-S

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
So I know this is an old thread, thanks...in advance.

I've had an Isimple Gateway pxamg for about 5 years now. Was never able to get any of the functions to work other then skip forward and back. It was far from perfect but it worked...until now. Firmware update, hard reset, nothing gets the iPod working again so....

I'm looking for a replacement. It's been 5 years since I was in the market for an iPod/stereo controller and I'm sure there has got to be something better, even if it's still a new version/model. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I just returned my Isimple 651 after numerous hard resets, different pin out configurations, un plugging the battery and even used two different connection harnesses and NOTHING.
USA spec sounds promising in my option since I have a 08 TL-s with XM Nav traffic.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:49 AM
2007 6SMT Type-S

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Hugo2go
I just returned my Isimple 651 after numerous hard resets, different pin out configurations, un plugging the battery and even used two different connection harnesses and NOTHING.
USA spec sounds promising in my option since I have a 08 TL-s with XM Nav traffic.
I might have to look into USA Spec. I've been working with Bernie at iSimple who's been nice, but has sent 3 different files that "should" correct my issue. The problem is that I upgraded my firmware to the newest version and I "shouldn't have done that" according to Bernie. How the hell was I supposed to know that when it's available on their site?

Anyway, after multiple emails that were ineffective...he's stop returning my emails. Gonna try one more time and ask for a discount on a new device.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:03 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SurfingScotty
I might have to look into USA Spec. I've been working with Bernie at iSimple who's been nice, but has sent 3 different files that "should" correct my issue. The problem is that I upgraded my firmware to the newest version and I "shouldn't have done that" according to Bernie. How the hell was I supposed to know that when it's available on their site?

Anyway, after multiple emails that were ineffective...he's stop returning my emails. Gonna try one more time and ask for a discount on a new device.
I would just go the USA Spec route.
On the other hand, I am trying to figure out if you can keep the OEM Navi system using a different head unit. I am tired of trying and researching what will work with this TL. I rather just replace the HU, and keep the factory navi if possible.