To all the Basslink I & II owners out there

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008 | 04:50 AM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

To all the Basslink I & II owners out there

So, it's been awhile since i've last posted, heh, school work and all is a bitch

anyway, so i finally buckled down and purchased a Basslink I. I've seen like one or two pics of where the basslink is placed. I was hoping for a few pictures showing where you placed your basslink, and if you could show me/us where the wires lead?

yea, i know it's a bit of work, but hey that's what AZ is out there for right?

I haven't actually received my bass yet, it should be here early next week, but i'm assuming:
1) 2 gauge LOC
2) 4 or 8 gauge Amp Wiring Kit
3) wire tappers?
3) Basslink

is what i need, except what about the other stuff? and I'm still lost as to how the hell you guys get to the speaker wires, (removing the back seat? though some threads have said they didnt have to move the back seat?)

and then of course there's the additional question of, so i've seen the unit, clearly you screw the thing into place so it wont move around, what the hell did you guys screw it to? the actual alumninum frame? like through your carpet and all?
Things like that are NEVER addressed, and if addressed here, i promise i'll up a new thread once i finish the install and consolidate everybody's input into a nice picture filled 56k Hell of a sticky worthy thread.

but yea, please help a brotha out, I really have no knowledge when it comes to Auto-audio modifications, so i mean, when you post, jsut assume i'm extremely thick and just re-clarify everything, then all over again ;-)

thanks in advanced, and I hope this thread actually goes somewhere O.o
Old 01-28-2008 | 07:25 AM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

/bump?

i'm downing out here
Old 01-28-2008 | 01:14 PM
07 TL-Navi 5AT, NBP

I'm not that much farther ahead of you with a brand new Basslink II sitting on the workbench since May of last year. I had the power/ground wires installed at a local audio shop ($65) and am waiting for myself to make a mount. I plan on cutting out a piece of plywood to conform to the left hand trunk cavity (the right hand has the navi dvd drive). The basslink II is taller than the I and will not fit using it's mounting feet so I'm going to screw the basslink directly to the plywood.

I HAVE NOT DONE THIS YET, but that is my plan. I will probably leave the botton un-carpeted or use velcro to keep it from sliding. I want to leave it 'removable' if the need arises.

Now if I could just find that damned jigsaw!

Rick