Airbag light on for no reason?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Airbag light on for no reason?

04 TL, whenever a passenger clicks in their seatbelt, the SRS airbag light goes on. Anyone else have the same problem? Also i got a crack in the dashboard that looks like its going around the airbag, should i be concerned?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have the same problem, except its when I click the driver side seat belt. Nothing happens when an actual passenger is sitting in the seat though. By the way, I drive an 04 six speed.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
me too, 04 6 speed manual, im taking it to the dealer tomorrrow ill letchu know what they say, 100$$ out of my pocket just for the inspection
Old 05-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an 04 six speed as well and it happened to me a couple years ago. It's prob your driver side seatbelt reseptical. There's a lifetime warranty on that and Acura will replace it at zero cost. They have to quote you $100 dollars in case it's something else. I'd say you prob won't pay a dime. If they give some bs then just call the US Acura customer relations and they'll change their tune if you explain that your safety was compromised. Any company will pay anything to not have that bad PR on their hands. GL
Old 05-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMLOVE
I have an 04 six speed as well and it happened to me a couple years ago. It's prob your driver side seatbelt reseptical. There's a lifetime warranty on that and Acura will replace it at zero cost. They have to quote you $100 dollars in case it's something else. I'd say you prob won't pay a dime. If they give some bs then just call the US Acura customer relations and they'll change their tune if you explain that your safety was compromised. Any company will pay anything to not have that bad PR on their hands. GL

My airbag light is on, but seatbelt light is not on. So im assuming i have a different issue.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I remember correctly my airbag light was on as well and the driver side seatbelt receptacle was the culprit. Your SRS(airbag) system communicates and works with your seatbelt... That being said, if for instance your seatbelt reseptical fails in any way then the SRS system completely disables and your have your "airbag light". This apparently is a notorious issue and it ended up being my situation. Of course I can't possibly tell you that's the problem but I'd be curious to know what it is if it isn't the seatbelt reseptical. The dealership is your best bet. Let us know.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMLOVE
If I remember correctly my airbag light was on as well and the driver side seatbelt receptacle was the culprit. Your SRS(airbag) system communicates and works with your seatbelt... That being said, if for instance your seatbelt reseptical fails in any way then the SRS system completely disables and your have your "airbag light". This apparently is a notorious issue and it ended up being my situation. Of course I can't possibly tell you that's the problem but I'd be curious to know what it is if it isn't the seatbelt reseptical. The dealership is your best bet. Let us know.

Did you remember seeing your seatbelt light on during the same time?