Adding motion sensor to stock OEM alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding motion sensor to stock OEM alarm?

I've searched quite a bit for threads relating to this topic and this is what I ended up finding.

http://www.karrsecurity.com/auto.htm

Unfortunately, there aren't any dealerships in the DC area that participates in their program. What other options do I have? I would rather have a professional install it for me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:19 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
I've searched quite a bit for threads relating to this topic and this is what I ended up finding.

http://www.karrsecurity.com/auto.htm

Unfortunately, there aren't any dealerships in the DC area that participates in their program. What other options do I have? I would rather have a professional install it for me.

Thanks in advance.
Why not just install a new alarm? Do you have a manual or automatic? I was going to do this before, but figured that I don't need an alarm since I have Lo-jack and don't leave anything of value in my car. Here you can find some options in a thread I started previously:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151836
Old 04-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
Why not just install a new alarm? Do you have a manual or automatic? I was going to do this before, but figured that I don't need an alarm since I have Lo-jack and don't leave anything of value in my car. Here you can find some options in a thread I started previously:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151836
There are a few reasons why I do not want a new alarm.

1. I want to keep the original Acura fob
2. I want to keep my "driver 1" and "driver 2" settings working
3. I want to keep the automatic relock security feature on the OEM alarm (if a door is not open for a certain period of time, the OEM alarm is reactivated)
4. I want to keep the "all four windows down" feature.
5. If I install a new alarm, that means I'll have both the new alarm and the OEM alarm on my car...I don't want that.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
I have that Karr alarm upgrade. Details here: stock TL alarm mods?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:52 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
There are a few reasons why I do not want a new alarm.

1. I want to keep the original Acura fob
2. I want to keep my "driver 1" and "driver 2" settings working
3. I want to keep the automatic relock security feature on the OEM alarm (if a door is not open for a certain period of time, the OEM alarm is reactivated)
4. I want to keep the "all four windows down" feature.
5. If I install a new alarm, that means I'll have both the new alarm and the OEM alarm on my car...I don't want that.
Might be viewed as an inconvenience, but simply keep the original fob on your key chain. They don't take up a lot of room. That fob or key, I forget which, is what activates the settings. My Viper 791xv (man I miss it! ) had considerably more advanced features than the stock system setup mod allowed. For instance, I was able to add distance, which is a luxury that OEM can't provide. I was riding down 270, taking the Montgomery Mall exit, and de-activated my alarm (testing) with my car parked on Motor City Dr !! I could remote start it from there too!! Totally freaked my boys out! But I also added tilt sensor (if someone tries to jack your wheels shock sensor will not activate!) and auto window roll-up and down for driver and passenger via remote!! I could also vent them. How many windows you can do depends on your modules you have installed. You will always be able to roll down with our remote, but you can't roll back up! It can also be programmed to passively arm after a time. So you see, you really aren't giving up anything. The whole two alarm thing on your car is not even something that is noticeable. You can't see it and they don't interact or cause interference with each other - and both are fully useable!!!! Unless this is about weight on the car at the track and those 1 or 2 pounds makes a difference in your times, that is a completely non-issue!

Honestly, the only reason that alarm is not on my car right now is because of the Lo-jack! But if your car has to be completely stock, then I feel ya! But for the reasons you gave...you don't have to give any of that up. None of it! But you can gain...Just trying to help giving my