Add Current Position to Address Book

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add Current Position to Address Book

I was visiting a family member over the weekend and I want to add thier location to my address book so that later I can easily navigate to their home. I don't know their exact address.

Is there a way to add an address book entry using the current position. I know my TomTom did this.

Disclaimer: I did a couple searches and check the 3G garage first.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmmm good question.
Im gonna have a look at this because like you I was able to do that on my tomtom go.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
yes there is if you go into the menu and to enter address you should see an option to add current location i did my aunts address like this
Old 05-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Instructor

I messed around with it for awhile and figured it out.

This is on the 07 model:

Setup --> More Options --> Personal Information --> Address Book --> Select User

From here there is an option at the top right to "Add". Select this then you can enter the name, phone number, and location. The location can be a place, current position, address, or previous destination. Select current position. Select done to save.

You have to do this to edit address book entries too. You cannot edit by going through the standard way of selecting Menu --> Address Book. That is a view only.

Not very intuitive but at least it is possible.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

thanks for that info guys.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:19 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jay0k
I messed around with it for awhile and figured it out.

This is on the 07 model:

Setup --> More Options --> Personal Information --> Address Book --> Select User

From here there is an option at the top right to "Add". Select this then you can enter the name, phone number, and location. The location can be a place, current position, address, or previous destination. Select current position. Select done to save.

You have to do this to edit address book entries too. You cannot edit by going through the standard way of selecting Menu --> Address Book. That is a view only.

Not very intuitive but at least it is possible.
This is the same for the '04-'06 TL system.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
I'll confirm this at lunch today however I'm pretty sure this works. Simply push the joystick in while your at the address you want to remember. It will display the address of your position. Press the joystick in again. Same menu as described above without all the steps.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:29 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Shalooby
I'll confirm this at lunch today however I'm pretty sure this works. Simply push the joystick in while your at the address you want to remember. It will display the address of your position. Press the joystick in again. Same menu as described above without all the steps.

I would have to verify as well but I had an '03 Accord and the navigation in that worked this way. I would think the system should be very similar if not exactly the same.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Nevermind I decided I couldn't wait until lunch and went down to the garage and checked. Pushing the joystick again after it displays the current address brings you to the "Calculate directions to" menu. The same as choosing "Calculate route using Map Input" via the menus. Kind of useless in this respect. Why would I need to calculate directions to my current location?
I would think there would be a shortcut method of doing this.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:48 AM
'07 NBP TL

Yup, that's how mine works. I have a '07 TL. And just press address book and just edit the name and your set.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Advanced

"Save current location" is a voice command too
Old 05-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Nevermind I decided I couldn't wait until lunch and went down to the garage and checked. Pushing the joystick again after it displays the current address brings you to the "Calculate directions to" menu. The same as choosing "Calculate route using Map Input" via the menus. Kind of useless in this respect. Why would I need to calculate directions to my current location?
I would think there would be a shortcut method of doing this.
The extra push on the joystick is a feature to allow you to route to a point of interest on the map.

For instance, you are driving along and you decide you want to go to the nearest ATM. One way to do this is to browse the map and click the joystick down on the nearest ATM that you find.

Another example: You are browsing the map of an unfamiliar area looking for a plaza of stores. You remember the plaza to be between two blocks but cannot pin point it. You look for an area that you remember and route yourself there with an extra push of the joystick.