3sixty.2 >>>>> where to tap into remote turn on wire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 02:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick337
The main difference between the two would be the number of outputs, the bitone.1 has 8 vs the 3sixty.2 has 6. I actually owned and used both, both softwares are pretty similar. The new 3sixty.3 is supposed to have eight outputs also. Certain sections of the eq band are not controllable with the 3sixty.2 i.e. the rear channels and sub channels, but maybe you jus don't need it, but i would rather have control over everything. Both units have the time delay built into it for use also.
Now that I really didn't know. So when it comes to the 3sixty 2 processor, you can only pretty much tune up your front speakers?... Ya I guess that's why I was planning to get k2p focals for the front and simple focals for the rear.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I am looking into the JBL MS-8. I am told it's better than the 3sixty2 for system integration

Link to the MS-8
Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Theguywhostoleurfood
Now that I really didn't know. So when it comes to the 3sixty 2 processor, you can only pretty much tune up your front speakers?... Ya I guess that's why I was planning to get k2p focals for the front and simple focals for the rear.
You can tune the system in the rear also, you can access some of the sliders on the eq because its the way the 3sixty is setup jus not all of the sliders, its a great product, don't get me wrong, i jus needed more output channels that why i upgraded to the bitone. No all i have the 3sixty.2 for is jus running the bass to my sub.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Racer

going to try the RCA inputs on mine later tonight and hope to get better results.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Racer

so the RCA ends I bought at radio shack are not going to work, the wire is to thick and cant get it around the pos screw/pole.

going to have to order some.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I am looking into the JBL MS-8. I am told it's better than the 3sixty2 for system integration

Link to the MS-8
Looks awesome, and found one for 550. Which isn't that bad, after watching the video in the link you posted. Thanks I'm just wondering how it'd be applied to the system. And where id be getting the RCA's from? Since from the looks of it the JBL takes them, where as the 3sixty has a input for the speaker wires itself. Can anyone rate the JBL for me?
It'd be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cjj2d
so the RCA ends I bought at radio shack are not going to work, the wire is to thick and cant get it around the pos screw/pole.

going to have to order some.
I hate when that happens, your in the process of doing something,and one little detail completely takes you off track.
I wish you luck, let me know how it turns out then... once the RCA's come in...
Old 02-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Looks awesome, and found one for 550. Which isn't that bad, after watching the video in the link you posted. Thanks I'm just wondering how it'd be applied to the system. And where id be getting the RCA's from? Since from the looks of it the JBL takes them, where as the 3sixty has a input for the speaker wires itself. Can anyone rate the JBL for me?
It'd be greatly appreciated.
Check out this thread on the 4G TL. The OP there ended up using the MS-8 at the end of the thread. I am planning on doing the same thing when I get the'12 TL.

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-294/4g-awd-tl-aftermarket-amps-speakers-install-758480/
Old 03-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Intermediate

Check out this thread on the 4G TL. The OP there ended up using the MS-8 at the end of the thread. I am planning on doing the same thing when I get the'12 TL.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758480
Yea... I checked out the link, thanks. Still really didn't answer any questions about hooking it up and wiring. Basically you loose your original 5.1 to get a 2. that produces a 5.1, lol. One thing thats nice about the 3sixty from what Ive read you get the 5.1 and you can upgrade your center speaker without any problems and just use a little center amp for it. I mean, I'm kinda shooting for my system to cost me a total of 2500.00, since I'm installing everything myself. Dynomat and speaker wire should be in a couple days, and next comes the amps and processor. Ill probably end up going with the 3sixty... my gut is telling me to go with it, so might as well give it a try
Old 03-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Yea... I checked out the link, thanks. Still really didn't answer any questions about hooking it up and wiring. Basically you loose your original 5.1 to get a 2. that produces a 5.1, lol. One thing thats nice about the 3sixty from what Ive read you get the 5.1 and you can upgrade your center speaker without any problems and just use a little center amp for it. I mean, I'm kinda shooting for my system to cost me a total of 2500.00, since I'm installing everything myself. Dynomat and speaker wire should be in a couple days, and next comes the amps and processor. Ill probably end up going with the 3sixty... my gut is telling me to go with it, so might as well give it a try
I hear you about the 5.1. The loss of that has me baffled since I listen to true DVD-A discs.. well, and DVD music videos since my Kenwood can do that. I want to have the full functionality of that too. From what I understand, the problem is with how the system uses the hands-free/voice system and EDS.

Like I said, ripped out all the OEM head unit and went aftermarket on mine with a backup cam and full nav in the Kenwood. I tried just speaker upgrade with a clean sweep type set up but never liked how it sounded.

When I get the new TL, I am going to take it to a shop like the guy in that thread did instead of doing it myself.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Intermediate

I hear you about the 5.1. The loss of that has me baffled since I listen to true DVD-A discs.. well, and DVD music videos since my Kenwood can do that. I want to have the full functionality of that too. From what I understand, the problem is with how the system uses the hands-free/voice system and EDS.

Like I said, ripped out all the OEM head unit and went aftermarket on mine with a backup cam and full nav in the Kenwood. I tried just speaker upgrade with a clean sweep type set up but never liked how it sounded.

When I get the new TL, I am going to take it to a shop like the guy in that thread did instead of doing it myself.

Ill be honest, Id rather mess around with my system myself. The trust isn't there for me, having someone else messing with my car, and components That's just the way my personality is. I mean if a guy on here already did the install of the JBL, and likes the preformance-go for it. Then again your going on someone who has his own opinion and preference. Plus if id get the New TL I wouldn't mess around with the speakers at all, and just install the JBL-since from what I saw it boosts your stock equipment, and get the full potential out of the speakers. I think it all comes down to if you have the $, Cause It'd suck to have problems with the new TL down the road after having messed with the audio. lol
Old 03-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Ill be honest, Id rather mess around with my system myself. The trust isn't there for me, having someone else messing with my car, and components That's just the way my personality is. I mean if a guy on here already did the install of the JBL, and likes the preformance-go for it. Then again your going on someone who has his own opinion and preference. Plus if id get the New TL I wouldn't mess around with the speakers at all, and just install the JBL-since from what I saw it boosts your stock equipment, and get the full potential out of the speakers. I think it all comes down to if you have the $, Cause It'd suck to have problems with the new TL down the road after having messed with the audio. lol
I did my '08 3 months after I got it. The guy in the thread I showed you had a shop do his work. He replaced the OEM speakers and added a sun in the trunk. If I had the shop, tools and know how to do custom work, I'd go for it too.
I am going to wait until I get the car and see how she sounds and then go from there.. but knowing me.. I can't leave it stock.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Intermediate

I am going to wait until I get the car and see how she sounds and then go from there.. but knowing me.. I can't leave it stock.
Yea, I have the same problem. Every car Ive owned had something done to it, none were kept stock so I know what you mean, even though when you first drive it off the lot, you have no plans of doing any mods-and slowly everything changes once you see certain mods other people have done out there.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Yea, I have the same problem. Every car Ive owned had something done to it, none were kept stock so I know what you mean, even though when you first drive it off the lot, you have no plans of doing any mods-and slowly everything changes once you see certain mods other people have done out there.
With me... I have to be unique! Before I got my TL, I didn't really notice TLs on the street very often.. then I got mine and saw them everywhere.. and WAY too many in PPM. So I have to get wheels, tires, lip kit and wing spoiler, Type S tals and side markers.. just to set mine apart from the others... yeah, that is why I do it.. uh huh (trying to convince myself).
Old 03-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Pro

Maybe this is jus me, but I wouldn't jus add a high end processor to jus run oem or factory speakers off of it. I mean your paying for a high dollar processor, why not add great speakers and an amp to really make it sound even better?
Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Intermediate

With me... I have to be unique! Before I got my TL, I didn't really notice TLs on the street very often.. then I got mine and saw them everywhere.. and WAY too many in PPM. So I have to get wheels, tires, lip kit and wing spoiler, Type S tals and side markers.. just to set mine apart from the others... yeah, that is why I do it.. uh huh (trying to convince myself).
I know exactly what your talking about, I see to many TL's and now even more TL TypeS's. And worst part is, my car is stripped down to the bones, waiting for dynomat.

Maybe this is jus me, but I wouldn't jus add a high end processor to jus run oem or factory speakers off of it. I mean your paying for a high dollar processor, why not add great speakers and an amp to really make it sound even better?
That's true. I mean if i would get a new TL, Id be happy with the sound and not touch it, lol. Only reason I'm messing with my sound is because its not new. Its an 06 6speed.I was just saying it in the view of keeping more money in your wallet, that's all.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Racer

got the rca tips put on and running the setup again.

this time I actually got a blue light signal on both channels on the 3sixty. before I only got one.... who knows. maybe this will work out..... will see shortly.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Racer

this has officially became the biggest PITA I have ever encountered in car audio.

This 3sixty is the most difficult piece of equipment I have ever tried to use. I am not sure if its the signal coming from my factory amp or what but now I have a new "scenario".

I put RCA ends on the speaker wires to use the RCA inputs. After I ran the setup I had audio out of all 4 channels, that is a plus. but now the one channel I had from before that was playing great is now screwed up. The front right mid is now sounding like total crap, not near as loud as the left mid and now has a lot of breakup in the sound/sounds like crap..... The only other scenario I can think of is trying to take the signal before my factory amp.

I am ready to throw this damn 3sixty down a river.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Pro

you can give it to me, to put on the side of my bitone.1 and 3sixty.2 lol. come on man you doing something wrong something, its got to be one of the easiest things to hookup.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Intermediate

this has officially became the biggest PITA I have ever encountered in car audio.

This 3sixty is the most difficult piece of equipment I have ever tried to use. I am not sure if its the signal coming from my factory amp or what but now I have a new "scenario".

I put RCA ends on the speaker wires to use the RCA inputs. After I ran the setup I had audio out of all 4 channels, that is a plus. but now the one channel I had from before that was playing great is now screwed up. The front right mid is now sounding like total crap, not near as loud as the left mid and now has a lot of breakup in the sound/sounds like crap..... The only other scenario I can think of is trying to take the signal before my factory amp.

I am ready to throw this damn 3sixty down a river.
Wow, that sucks... I hope that I don't have as many problems, esp. dumb ones. Just take your time, and check everything twice. You'll get it eventually And ya if you give up on it, I'll take it off your hands, still haven't picked one up, lol...

you can give it to me, to put on the side of my bitone.1 and 3sixty.2 lol. come on man you doing something wrong something, its got to be one of the easiest things to hookup.
Where exactly do you need to hook (slice) for the signals? is it the wires that end up going into the original amp (gray connector). I read somewhere, its better if you take the signal after the amp-and I'll be honest, I didn't completely understand. lol
Old 03-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Racer

I thought that too. I have followed the instructions to the T, as well as many DIY's here on the forum that were well put together.

It is not very difficult to wire up, but I am not having any luck getting it right for some reason.

I took the signal AFTER the factory amp just like RF reccomends and many people on here have done. I tried using the speaker level inputs and got shitty results.

I then put RCA's on the speaker wires to try the RCA inputs and now am getting shitty results.

now I am at a loss of what to do.... should I try taking the signal BEFORE the amp???? I just dont want to cut those wires then end of having to put them back, etc...

any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Intermediate

I thought that too. I have followed the instructions to the T, as well as many DIY's here on the forum that were well put together.

It is not very difficult to wire up, but I am not having any luck getting it right for some reason.

I took the signal AFTER the factory amp just like RF reccomends and many people on here have done. I tried using the speaker level inputs and got shitty results.

I then put RCA's on the speaker wires to try the RCA inputs and now am getting shitty results.

now I am at a loss of what to do.... should I try taking the signal BEFORE the amp???? I just dont want to cut those wires then end of having to put them back, etc...

any advice is greatly appreciated.
I haven't done my 3sixty yet. But Id suggest soldering all your ends... I'm sorry to hear that your having problems, I wish we were around the same place, that way we could help each other out. Ill be at your level in a week or two. But hopefully you'll be done by then. Did you check everything aside from your processor... like the speakers? amps? all wires are tight/snug? Just throwing ideas out there, Sorry if it means nothing to you or you've done all these already. Maybe try restarting the 3sixty? Hopefully this might even trigger something else, for you to remember or try.
Good luck... let us know, your progress.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Racer

The amp is a JL HD900/5 that is less than 2 weeks old.

all my wires coming from the factory amp are solderd to the speaker wires going to the 3sixty.

I appreciate your ideas and suggestions. I am going to tackle this again today and tomorrow. I am determined to get it right.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Racer

ok, well I have narrowed down/out a possible problem.

I hooked up an ipod to the Aux input to see what kind of output/quality i would get, and it sounds great!!!! all channels just as they should! when the ipod is hooked up there is no hiss whatsoever... and all channels play great as they should.

so now i just need to determine if its the stock amp or HU sending a crap signal.

I am tempted to cut the wires and try the signal before the amp, but if thats not it its going to be a PITA to put it all back together, but I think that may be my last option.

any ideas anyone?

as for now I am going to run some rca's to the front for an ipod and finally have tunes while I keep working on the rest.

This is refreshing as I think this eliminates the amp and 3sixty outputs as the problem.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Intermediate

Ya I doubt a JL amp will just give up on you. And everything else sounds good. Well at least the AUX works great something is working out, nice to hear. It may be the orginal amp, and ya when cutting those wires, your taking a heck of a risk. But if that ends up being the problem - u gotta let me know, so i don't go through the same crap You don't happen to have any pictures of your progress through everything, do you? would be awesome stepping stones for me, lol....
Old 03-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Racer

no, didnt take pics along the way. I did post pics of my door speaker install/mod.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Racer

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/front-speaker-intstall-pics-797545/

that thread has my door pics.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Intermediate

Door panels look good, clean install Pity about the pictures. Do you happen to have any pictures of the your system lay out? location of amps and processor... thinking about mounting 2 xd amps under the seats, that way everything is hidden, just don't know where id put the 3sixty, any ideas?.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Racer

I currently just have my amp and 3sixty in the trunk, going to build either a wall or enclosure in the floor/side of trunk. have not decided. need to get some box dimensions for the sub I will be using and start on that. I wanted to get all this taken care of and sorted out first though.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Intermediate

I currently just have my amp and 3sixty in the trunk, going to build either a wall or enclosure in the floor/side of trunk. have not decided. need to get some box dimensions for the sub I will be using and start on that. I wanted to get all this taken care of and sorted out first though.

smart... I'm buying longer rca cables, just because idk where I'm going to hide the 3sixty yet. I thought about the trunk, but the only thing I want in there is my box in the side. trying to hide everything as much as possible for now, might change it down the road though. Sucks that audio is so freaking expensive and takes time, to work with/adjust...
Old 03-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Racer

well I think I have decided that I am going to try the signal before the amp and see what results I can net out of that.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Pro

There are little screws that you can adjust on the 3sixty.2 that says gain next to it, whenever you are setting it up. If all your signal wires going into the 3sixty.2 are right, the blue lights should come up. Then you turn the gain switches up until the red light starts blinking are you doing this?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Racer

There are little screws that you can adjust on the 3sixty.2 that says gain next to it, whenever you are setting it up. If all your signal wires going into the 3sixty.2 are right, the blue lights should come up. Then you turn the gain switches up until the red light starts blinking are you doing this?
not to be a smartass but yes, i have done this over and over again. i have ran the oem new setup over 10 times with both rca inputs and speaker level inputs. i have followed the manual and the online help over and over as well.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Racer

i can turn those adjustments all the way up and the front blue LED comes on, no red clip, the rear sometimes comes on sometimes not, no red clip at all.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Pro

Something has to be wrong with the 3sixty.2 then, maybe send it in for a warranty if you have one? If you didn't live so far away i would let you try mines out, jus to eliminate the 3sixty2 out of the question. But taking the signals after the amp would be the way to go. I've hooked up quite a few of these things, never had a problem, I've had problems where the bluetooth wouldn't connect, but thats about it.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Racer

people with a 3sixty.... Do you use the HU volume control or the 3sixty remote volume control? and if so what level is the HU set at if using the RF remote.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Racer

wow, i feel like the BIGGEST idiot ever.

so I have got this sucker figured out finally. I cant believe I never checked my soldered connections. I checked every other damn connection there possibly was, but never unwrapped my soldered connections coming from the factory amp to speaker wire.

As I had just about given up and was about to cut the wires to take the signal before the amp, I decided "well check these connections here" (even though everyone in the world told me numerous times to check all connections. So I did, and decided one looked ehh... not great. so I cut it and put on some male and female connectors on each end for easy connecting/disconnecting while I figure all this out.

I did that on front left and rear left channels.

And now I am here to tell you not only to I have a better signal and even after the OEM setup the graphs are now "on the chart" and not well below it. All of the hiss is gone too. So there goes two issues at once!

Also, during the OEM setup after doing this I actually got my first red "clip" signal!!! on the front channel, and have a blue led signal on the rear. (I am now tempted to cut all solder joints and replace with the male/female connectors to see if I can get the rear channel to show a red clip light).

anyways, a HUGE THANKS to everyone that has offered tips, etc... and been a part of numerous threads on different boards. I really appreciate it, and yes should have checked those connections a long time ago.

Thanks again everyone.

Now comes the rest of the adventure. Setting the gains, EQ, etc...

but atleast now I am in a much better place.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Intermediate

That's awesome congrats... see its the simple things that make the big things work. Now I'm kinda scared because Ive always seen soldering as the best method of connection. now I don't know what to think... But ya, good job checking once again.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Intermediate

I still don't get which wires I'm supposed to tape into. I only see one set of wires going to the amp. So how are there ones going to and from?... lol
Old 03-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Pro

I still don't get which wires I'm supposed to tape into. I only see one set of wires going to the amp. So how are there ones going to and from?... lol
Take the signal after the amp.

Quick Reply: 3sixty.2 >>>>> where to tap into remote turn on wire?