3sixty.2 >>>>> where to tap into remote turn on wire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3sixty.2 >>>>> where to tap into remote turn on wire?

I have all my stuff ran and wired up, just curious where to tap the remote turn on into?

I have read many threads that say the factory one is too low voltage. Has anyone had success with this that can help?

thanks in advance.

Cory
Old 02-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Slythslyr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i used the interior fuse box for my amp remote wire, just find one that turns on when the car key is turned to accessory..
Old 02-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Pro

The factory amp turn remote will work because thats how i had it originally ran whenever I had the three sixty.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's what I found, when I installed mine:
You don't need to hook-up a remote turn-on wire for the 3.Sixty, it has a feature that will sense a low current signal from the speaker input, and automatically turn the unit on. You can also set a jumper pin (inside the unit) to have the 3.Sixty send an output voltage to turn on your amplifiers. Instead of using the remote lead wire for the input to the 3.Sixty, you use it as an output turn-on lead for you amp(s). It's brilliant!

Have a look:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scrip...ted=1145649861

Last edited by JimmyDee; 02-05-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Racer

now that is awesome.

thanks! going to do that tomorrow!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Racer

JimmyDee..... thanks for the tip and link, it worked great!

I am just now in the setup/tune stage. However I have a problem. I have no sound out of the right channels....

I have 2 amps hooked up, one for my tweets, and one for my mids. I find it odd that neither are producing sound in the right channel.

I also have some annoying hissing going on.

I have not trouble shot anything yet as I have not had much time to work on it. All i have right now is everything wired up, I havent put any of the car back together so I can still easily access all wiring, etc... so I will have to tackle this later this week. But if anyone has any ideas they want to throw past me go for it!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Down for a photoshoot?

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Heey, I just recently got my 3sixty.2 as well, and I'm also in the process of fine-tuning it myself. I got some advice from member, fourthmeal, stating that the internal gains controlled via the 3sixty software has to be adjusted to produce minimal "hiss" from the processor, after which you can adjust the amp gains to compensate.

Regarding the right channels not working ... not entirely sure what's wrong with that ... perhaps you can check the input signal connections again, and play with the software to see if anything makes a difference ...
Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Racer

as for the input levels. when I was setting the 3sixty up I was not able to get the input level led's to turn red. they would come on and turn blue, but even turned all the way they never turned red. the manual says to turn it until its almost red. either way I think i have them too high and that is part of my hissing problem.

as for the channels, I have not had time to dig into it yet. I hope to this week though.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by cjj2d
as for the input levels. when I was setting the 3sixty up I was not able to get the input level led's to turn red. they would come on and turn blue, but even turned all the way they never turned red. the manual says to turn it until its almost red. either way I think i have them too high and that is part of my hissing problem.

as for the channels, I have not had time to dig into it yet. I hope to this week though.
What is your volume at when you are trying to setup your oem integration at? IIRC, it asks you to set it at 80% of maximum volume.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Down for a photoshoot?

Actually 75% (3/4) of max volume, which is 40 on the 3G TL stock headunit so 30 is the ideal volume to set it at (or if you have an oscilloscope you can figure out what the clipping point of the stock headunit is). Anyways, at that level, you should be able to get the signal high enough to get a blinking red light for the clip indicator
Old 02-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by crzygosu87
Actually 75% (3/4) of max volume, which is 40 on the 3G TL stock headunit so 30 is the ideal volume to set it at (or if you have an oscilloscope you can figure out what the clipping point of the stock headunit is). Anyways, at that level, you should be able to get the signal high enough to get a blinking red light for the clip indicator
well close enough i guess, maybe hes not setting the volume high enough causing the red light not to blink during setup?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Down for a photoshoot?

^Yeah, i was thinking the same ... probably wasn't sending a high enough signal (unclipped max from the headunit) for the processor to pick it up for its own clip indicator purposes ... guess we'll have to wait for OP
Old 02-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Racer

I had the volume maxed out when I did the setup and still did not get a clipped signal.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 AM
Racer

i will re do the setup and do it at 75% volume and see what happens.

I still have not figured out why I only have audio on the left channels....
Old 02-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Down for a photoshoot?

If you were setting it up at full volume, then you were surely clipping the headunit ... not entirely sure what that translates to with regards to the 3sixty clip indicators, but surely redo-ing it with 75% volume would be worth trying ...

As for audio only on left channel ... perhaps the left channels are blown??? Try hooking up the left speakers to the right channels to see if the speakers play fine ... perhaps also check balance/fader on the stock headunit to see that it's not set to the extreme right (just in case haha)

Consider checking whether it's a problem with the 3sixty (disconnect RCAs from the 3sixty and perhaps take an AUX to RCA line and connect directly to an mp3 player to see if the left channels play then) or whether it's an issue with the amp, speakers ... or perhaps even some faulty RCAs (possible I guess??) Try switching out RCAs between left and right channels as well ...
Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by crzygosu87
If you were setting it up at full volume, then you were surely clipping the headunit ... not entirely sure what that translates to with regards to the 3sixty clip indicators, but surely redo-ing it with 75% volume would be worth trying ...

As for audio only on left channel ... perhaps the left channels are blown??? Try hooking up the left speakers to the right channels to see if the speakers play fine ... perhaps also check balance/fader on the stock headunit to see that it's not set to the extreme right (just in case haha)

Consider checking whether it's a problem with the 3sixty (disconnect RCAs from the 3sixty and perhaps take an AUX to RCA line and connect directly to an mp3 player to see if the left channels play then) or whether it's an issue with the amp, speakers ... or perhaps even some faulty RCAs (possible I guess??) Try switching out RCAs between left and right channels as well ...
That would be the perfect way to troubleshoot this.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Racer

I have trouble shot the hell out of this thing.

I am about to run a new speaker wire to my front right tweeter cause no matter which way I slice and dice it, I am getting nothing out of it.

After that I am having the biggest PITA getting the thing setup right. I have tried every setup option there is and tried summing the inputs and not summing the inputs. I am getting horrible levels, static, etc.... and quite honestly it sounds like shit.

I have tried different RCA's etc.... I think one of my amps may have a bad channel or may be going out. I am ready to take it to a RF tech and see what they can do.

oh well.... i will get it eventually. just annoyed cause I dont have the time to spend a full day on it as I am working my ass off right now too.

Also am about to pull the trigger on a JL HD900/5....
Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spcslyusarmy
i used the interior fuse box for my amp remote wire, just find one that turns on when the car key is turned to accessory..
I use this same one for all remote wires. The wiring diagram should specify this.. you can daisy chain as many remote wires together as you want.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Intermediate

I have trouble shot the hell out of this thing.

I am about to run a new speaker wire to my front right tweeter cause no matter which way I slice and dice it, I am getting nothing out of it.

After that I am having the biggest PITA getting the thing setup right. I have tried every setup option there is and tried summing the inputs and not summing the inputs. I am getting horrible levels, static, etc.... and quite honestly it sounds like shit.

I have tried different RCA's etc.... I think one of my amps may have a bad channel or may be going out. I am ready to take it to a RF tech and see what they can do.

oh well.... i will get it eventually. just annoyed cause I dont have the time to spend a full day on it as I am working my ass off right now too.

Also am about to pull the trigger on a JL HD900/5....
You can try all 3; get RF amp checked, try a new amp or the easiest.. add a ground loop isolator.

http://.com/4zlfg59
Old 02-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Racer

that link didnt work.... can you post again?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Intermediate

that link didnt work.... can you post again?
lol damn forum..

its (dot)com

also you can find it by google: ground loop isolator
Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Racer

well I think one of my amps is kinda fucked.... after testing out all kinds of scenarios I have come to the fact that one of my amps is part of the problem.

which just means I am about to purchase my new amp I had planned on getting all along a lot sooner. I am going to pick up a JL HD900/5 tomorrow and take place of both amps. getting a nice deal on the amp. brand new from auth. shop for $650.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Down for a photoshoot?

i can't stress enough that a ground loop isolator, although it can be a solution, will deteriorate the sound quality quite a bit. Use it as last resort!

Seems like your amp is blown if the sq is not sounding right ... try out the new amp and let us know
Old 02-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Racer

i will definateley go for an isolator as well.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Racer

Just picked up the JL HD900/5..... anxious to get it in!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Racer

This is getting VERY annoying!

So after getting the new JL amp and taking out my PPI's I got everything in and tested out.... found that I had a short in my front mid. Actually for some reason the terminal was close enough to the metal of the door it was causing it to go in and out. So I had to shave the opening a little more.

Got all that done, swapped out my tweeters to a pair of Peerless tweeters cause one of my MB's were bad.

So I finally have tunes out of all 4 speakers! YES! So I go to the back unplug my RCA's and power/ground.... then I secure the amp and 3sixty to the floor temporarily until I build an encloser/wall for them. Plug it all back in and now I am only getting sound out of one channel!!!!

what the hell is going on here. If I swap the left and right of the rca's the sound swaps as well, but now I am still only getting tunes out of one side.

I am extremely frustrated now......
Old 02-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Pro

one of your connections have to be loose somewhere. how did you get all your high level input wires going into your 3sixty? those darn connectors you have to make sure you tighten them up really good or else the wires fall out of the connector.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Racer

I am going to double check them in the morning.

then my next move is to put some RCA tips on the ends and try the RCA inputs.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:05 AM
Pro

I am going to double check them in the morning.

then my next move is to put some RCA tips on the ends and try the RCA inputs.
I think member diamondjoequimby has done this, but first check all your connections out first.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Racer

nevermind found what i was looking for

Last edited by cjj2d; 02-26-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Intermediate

I know that this forum is kinda on a different topic, dealing with the 3sixty processor. But I was wondering if anyone could help me out, as to, where exactly I should be splicing the wires-around the stock amp. And which wires belong to which signal(speaker). Is there a diagram with that information?... If anyone could help-Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in Advance, Yall.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Racer

here's the thread I used to determine the wires at the amp, etc...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...p+wire+diagram
Old 02-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Pro

So did you find the problem?
Old 02-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Intermediate

here's the thread I used to determine the wires at the amp, etc...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...p+wire+diagram

Thanks... That's exactly what I needed And if yall wouldn't mind answering another question. From opinion, on a scale from 1 to 10 , what would y'all rate the 3 sixty processor? Cause I'm still in process of purchasing one, and don't want to purchase something that Ive seen mix reviews for, but at the same time don't wana Bank on a processor.

Anything input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Nick337
So did you find the problem?

I havent had time to work on it further. I have had a very busy weekend with work. I hope to work on it some more monday night or tuesday.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Theguywhostoleurfood
Thanks... That's exactly what I needed And if yall wouldn't mind answering another question. From opinion, on a scale from 1 to 10 , what would y'all rate the 3 sixty processor? Cause I'm still in process of purchasing one, and don't want to purchase something that Ive seen mix reviews for, but at the same time don't wana Bank on a processor.

I have just had trouble getting it all setup right. once I get it working correct I will post a review for you.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Pro

The 3sixty2 gets a 7 from me. Might want to look into a Bitone.1 if you can afford it, really worth the money, and if you know how to tune a system it offers alot of features in their expert mode.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nick337
The 3sixty2 gets a 7 from me. Might want to look into a Bitone.1 if you can afford it, really worth the money, and if you know how to tune a system it offers alot of features in their expert mode.

Ya a 7 just might be good enough for me. Thanks for the quick reply. I looked into the Bit one, and ya, that isn't really in my price range-even though I don't doubt it preforms alot better I guess Ill just have to put the time into tuning the system with the 3sixty, that's all. I read and saw online that the 3sixty 3 is coming out in July but will also be 600, where as I should be able to find a version 2 for under 300-right now( in good quality) I can always upgrade in the future...
Old 02-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Intermediate

I have just had trouble getting it all setup right. once I get it working correct I will post a review for you.
More reviews the better-more input... Ill be waiting to hear from ya. Hopefully it'll be in the 7-10 range, lol...
Old 02-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Pro

Ya a 7 just might be good enough for me. Thanks for the quick reply. I looked into the Bit one, and ya, that isn't really in my price range-even though I don't doubt it preforms alot better I guess Ill just have to put the time into tuning the system with the 3sixty, that's all. I read and saw online that the 3sixty 3 is coming out in July but will also be 600, where as I should be able to find a version 2 for under 300-right now( in good quality) I can always upgrade in the future...
The main difference between the two would be the number of outputs, the bitone.1 has 8 vs the 3sixty.2 has 6. I actually owned and used both, both softwares are pretty similar. The new 3sixty.3 is supposed to have eight outputs also. Certain sections of the eq band are not controllable with the 3sixty.2 i.e. the rear channels and sub channels, but maybe you jus don't need it, but i would rather have control over everything. Both units have the time delay built into it for use also.

Quick Reply: 3sixty.2 >>>>> where to tap into remote turn on wire?