3.40 Disc is now available for purchase.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.40 Disc is now available for purchase.

Hi everyone. I just picked up my WDP/quartz 6speed with NAVI last weekend. I was registering my vehicle on Acura's Owner Link and I stumbled across notification that Navigation v 3.40 is now available and cost $185.

Is this a new release? When I checked to see what my version is, I have "software version" is 1.0010 and my "dB" version is 2004119.

I take it that this is outdated? Any idea what the difference are between the "older" version and v3.40?

Thanks.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Racer

This thread will answer your questions.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117634

In short, 3.40C is the latest version for TL. You will have to eject the DVD in the trunk to see the DVD version disk version.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:29 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
....now available and cost $185.
You have to be joking ? You just picked up the car and they want you to shell out $185 for a SW/DB upgrade ? Hey, I understand all about software upgrades and that they aren't free but come on, you just got the car.

Sh#t, at >$30K the car should come with regular free navi DB updates for at least the warrantee period. XM I can understand is "on us" since that is a 3rd party. But the navi is Acura (branded). If they can spread the development costs of the software across the new car buyers then they can afford the lousy 10 cents the dvd costs to manufacture and just mail them to owners.

Sorry for the rant but this one just got me and I don't even have navi. I'm more happy about that with each post like this I see. (not to mention the posts about crashing while putzing with the navi)
Old 08-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Adobeman
You have to be joking ? You just picked up the car and they want you to shell out $185 for a SW/DB upgrade ? Hey, I understand all about software upgrades and that they aren't free but come on, you just got the car.

Sh#t, at >$30K the car should come with regular free navi DB updates for at least the warrantee period. XM I can understand is "on us" since that is a 3rd party. But the navi is Acura (branded). If they can spread the development costs of the software across the new car buyers then they can afford the lousy 10 cents the dvd costs to manufacture and just mail them to owners.

Sorry for the rant but this one just got me and I don't even have navi. I'm more happy about that with each post like this I see. (not to mention the posts about crashing while putzing with the navi)
Are you fucking retarded? 3.40c came with his car...

Sorry about swearing... i just hate people that dont think before posting
Old 08-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Greg-ster

I don't know how "thinking" a bit more would have helped him figure our that software version 1.0010 and dB version 2004119 is in fact version 3.40 of the navi DVD. Secondly, your post was of no help to the original poster.

Wayne, you should check out this thread. The DVD you have is most likely the latest version. Just pull out the DVD and check the version number on the DVD to reconfirm.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Team NightHawk VP

sry to budge into this argument..but isnt the navi system alpine?
Old 08-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cliff
sry to budge into this argument..but isnt the navi system alpine?
Yep, it is. The navigation data however, if I'm right, is from Navteq. I'm sure the $185 that Acura is charging is for covering their expense (including license fees, Alpine's price for the disc, etc)
Old 08-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg-ster

I agree with meltdown that it might not be apparent to someone who is not an expert, or knowledgeable in navigation software, what the version actually is.

Asking if he was "fucking retarded" may have been a little strong in this case.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MeltdowN
Yep, it is. The navigation data however, if I'm right, is from Navteq. I'm sure the $185 that Acura is charging is for covering their expense (including license fees, Alpine's price for the disc, etc)
I went to the link you provide to Navteq and clicked on the Map Updates and choose North America. The next screen does not list Acura or Honda in the Manufacturer list. Are you sure Acura/Honda are using Navteq? (No flames intended.)
Old 08-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Wink

Upgrades of our Navi discs always come in the fall- once a year- usually. Don't bother upgrading now. Wait until Oct-Nov. for the new one.

I am much more interested in the bit I saw in the Car News section about the Voice Commands being upgraded on the TSX to 600-some. The present TL is <300. Those should also be on the disc, I think.

I hope we can get them for our TLs.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by A_UFO
I went to the link you provide to Navteq and clicked on the Map Updates and choose North America. The next screen does not list Acura or Honda in the Manufacturer list. Are you sure Acura/Honda are using Navteq? (No flames intended.)
AFAIK, Navtech/Navteq is the only provider of complete map databases for North America. I might be wrong though. One possible reason that Acura doesn't show up in their drop down menu is that Acura/Alpine wanted it that way, so only they release the updates (which could include updates that don't relate to the map database but other enhancements/fixes like UI updates and feature addons).
Old 08-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Advanced

Thanks for everyone's responses. I ejected my NAV DVD and found out I have V3.40c which is the latest.

For a moment there I was worried that I needed to shell out $185 for the updated DVD. fortunately I have the most recent.

Thanks again.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Wayne
Thanks for everyone's responses. I ejected my NAV DVD and found out I have V3.40c which is the latest.

For a moment there I was worried that I needed to shell out $185 for the updated DVD. fortunately I have the most recent.

Thanks again.
You're welcome. And... for the record... we don't think you're retarded.

Bill Gates doesn't hire retarded ppl.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by MeltdowN
AFAIK, Navtech/Navteq is the only provider of complete map databases for North America. I might be wrong though. One possible reason that Acura doesn't show up in their drop down menu is that Acura/Alpine wanted it that way, so only they release the updates (which could include updates that don't relate to the map database but other enhancements/fixes like UI updates and feature addons).
Thanks for the explanation.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ron A
I agree with meltdown that it might not be apparent to someone who is not an expert, or knowledgeable in navigation software, what the version actually is.

Asking if he was "fucking retarded" may have been a little strong in this case.
Chiding the fellow looking for advice on his Navi disk (for not thinking first), I'd say the (F. . . k retarded remark) displays a worse case of not thinking through the first posters disk question. . . Shoot from the hip remarks like that are not productive and detract from an other wise excellent forum.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Xpditor
Upgrades of our Navi discs always come in the fall- once a year- usually. Don't bother upgrading now. Wait until Oct-Nov. for the new one.

I am much more interested in the bit I saw in the Car News section about the Voice Commands being upgraded on the TSX to 600-some. The present TL is <300. Those should also be on the disc, I think.

I hope we can get them for our TLs.
Seems to me they update more often than once a year. I purchased my '05 TL December 15, 2004 and had NAVI version 3.40b. The "C" version followed right after the first of the year. Now I hear 3.40c is still current. So I expect version "D" or perhaps 3.50 to be out soon. I will update when I hear they have made some significant change/improvements to the NAVI functions. Be interesting to see what happens on the 2006 model TL's NAVI wise.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i wish they would have given us the Zagats thing.