2004 Navi Display Wires

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 05:11 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Navi Display Wires

Hello,

I am interested in knowing if anyone knows what connector and wires are needed to do the video input on the navigation screen. I am familiar with the process, I simply need to know what wires do what for a 2004.

I am sure alot of people would also like to have this info as well.

Thank you,

Eric

MOD EDIT (Neuronbob): Moving to BT/Navi/Audio/Video
Old 10-21-2004, 12:24 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Not sure if this would be helpful... https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97123

If not, try SEARCH or GARAGE next time... Good luck.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:09 PM
6th Gear

Thank You

Hey, thank you for posting. I have looked over this persons documentation and it is excellent. However they used the AV Electronics piece to input the video into the system.
This is a great solution mind you, but I am actually looking for the RGBS wire colors that you connect into between the DVD Rom Device in the trunk and the Display in the dash so I can input the RGBS signal into the system manually (through relays, etc).

Thank you,

Eric
Old 10-23-2004, 04:42 AM
PAC
7th Gear

Acura TL wiring diagram

Click the instructions link.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:51 PM
6th Gear

Thanks again

Hello and thanks again for the response.

That is an awesome resource for finding the Navigation Wiring for several vehicles.

Unfortunetly when I click on TL it says it cannot display the document. I believe I have a good version of Adobe Viewer on my machine (V.5.0). Can anyone else view this document and if so what version of adobe do you have.

Thank you,

Eric
Old 10-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
This is the information that esfry requested for the RGBS wire colors that you connect into between the DVD Rom Device in the trunk and the Display in the dash, from the service manual, for the wires connected to the 20 pin Connector A.

The connector is numbered with 1 in the top left corner looking at it from the side where the wires are plugged in. The top row goes from 1-10, and the bottom row from 11-20. Only 12 terminals are used at this time.

The information is listed in this order:
Terminal number; Wire Color; Terminal name; Description; Voltage (about)

1. White; R SIG (red signal); Red color signal; 0-1 V
2. Red; G SIG (Green signal); Green color signal; 0-1 V
3. Gray/red; SH SIG (shield signal); Shield for terminal 1, 2, 11 ,12, 13; 0 V
5. Red/black; ILL(+)(Illumination positive); Parking light on signal; Lights on-btry voltage, lights off-0 V
8. White; CAN-H (CAN high); F-CAN bus communication; Pulses 2.5-6 V, average 3 V
9. Green/black; SH DISP BUS (Shield display bus); Shield for display bus terminal No 10,20; 0 V
10 Light Green; DISP BUS (+) (Display bus positive); Date bus (+) GA-Net; 0-5 V pulses average 2.5 V depends on bus traffic
11. Yellow; B SIG (Blue signal); Blue color signal; 0-1 V AC
12. Brown; C SIG (Composite signal); Composite video (vertical/horizontal) Synchronizing signal; 0.3 V AC
13. Blue; GND SIG (Ground signal); Ground for color signal; 0 V
18. Red; CAN-L (CAN low); F-CAN bus communication; Pulses 2.5-6 V average 3 V
20. Yellow; DISP BUS (-) (Display bus negative); Date bus (-) GA-Net; 0-5 V pulses nominally 2.5 V
Old 10-25-2004, 01:24 PM
PAC
7th Gear

Originally Posted by esfry
Hello and thanks again for the response.

That is an awesome resource for finding the Navigation Wiring for several vehicles.

Unfortunetly when I click on TL it says it cannot display the document. I believe I have a good version of Adobe Viewer on my machine (V.5.0). Can anyone else view this document and if so what version of adobe do you have.

Thank you,

Eric
The pdf may need version 6.0.1 reader.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
For the Adobe challenged folks, here is a scan of the pdf file you get when you click on Instructions.

Old 10-25-2004, 11:26 PM
6th Gear

Good Lookin

Hey,

Thank you guys again for your input, specially Ron for lookin out for a fellow Acura Owner.

This is what these groups are all about and I am proud to be apart of such an excellent forum.

When completed, I plan to post instuctions simular to those by VideoNavi and others, for the 04/05 TL's.

For beginners looking to do video on the nav screen, this is in no way a discredit to any of the other products that are out there on the market.

I know that, even with an RGBS decoder, the installation itself is not obvious for the novice installer, and may even be slightly challenging for those who consider themselves to be seasoned veterans when it comes to mobile installation.

In honesty, I would recommend allowing an expert in mobile electronics to tackle this installation, be it via a device like the AVelectronics video decoder/distribution, or another type of off the shelf decoder. Talk to you local installation shop and see what they can do. Present them with the information and if they do not fell confident then keep looking until you find the right shop than can do it.

There are several types of off the shelf devices that are now starting to appear for just this solution. The most popular thus far has to be the AVelectronics device, and it is well worth the $500 or so price tag when you consider all that it is offering (time savings, ease of installation via plug n play sources, video/audio switching, etc)

But, for those like myself who enjoy the challenge, and also want to save a few hundred dollars, there are alternatives to the plug and play devices.

I found the Pioneer AVC-RGB1 on ebay. They do not sell for $600.00. They were only $120.00 brand new, and if someone is selling one for more than $150.00 they are simply ripping you off. There are other alternatives out there to the AVC-RGB1 as well, that are around $100.00 or so.
With the right knowledge, you can install a device to allow for video on the nav screen for under $200.00 easily.

I hope this information helps anyone who is in the beginning stages and considering doing this mod themselves. This thread, along with the navi to video threads, should give you an excellent starting point. I will post my installation in the following weeks when I get the time to sit down and put it together.

Thanks again,

Eric