2004 Acura TL Brochure + DVD-A lists (long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Acura TL Brochure + DVD-A lists (long)

I was on the Acura site the other day and requested a brochure, which I received yesterday. It’s a nice piece, about 40 pages long, heavy paper stock, nice photography along with all kinds of information. The package I received also included a small brochure that lists all of the currently available DVD-As.

One curious thing I noticed about the brochure is it appears Acura doesn't want to draw attention to the fact that this is a front wheel drive car. The only place in the brochure I could find where it says the car is FWD was under the transmission section of the specifications on page 34. In my mind, Joe Average isn’t going to give a hoot over if it is RWD or FWD, while enthusiasts would already know it was FWD, so it makes me wonder why they buried this bit of information. I’m not trying to start another debate on FWD vs. RWD, just an observation.

Anyway, If you don't have the brochure, you might want to request one before they are all gone.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Interesting...

The small brochure that lists all of the currently available DVD-As?

I already have two brochures, but never see that kind of list yet... should get one...

Actually, lots of cars will hide that FWD stuff... u're right. :o
Old 07-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Instructor

If you want, PM me your email address and I'll send you scans of the DVD-A brochure. Its in 6 parts, and the zip file is about 1.8 MB.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Thanks brett for providing these files

Old 07-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Instructor

I should add that the DVD-A brochure states "For more up-to-date information, check out dvdinformation.com," However, it doesn't seem to be all that "up-to-date."

http://www.dvdinformation.com/Audio/titles.cfm
Old 07-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
BAH! No Beatles! It's probably a contract thing.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:10 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Yeah, I'd love some Beatles, a lot, actually. I think its not only a contract thing but the fact that their music was recorded so long ago that they may not have 5 channels recorded. Just a guess.

If anyone wants a GREAT DVD-A to listen when you're just cruising or to enjoy the DVD-A system, I strongly suggest the Blue Man Group. And if you like rock, definitely get Led Zeppelin's "How the West was Won." Its a 2 disc live concert in 5.1. Very fun to listen to.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by narnia
BAH! No Beatles! It's probably a contract thing.
So you know who to blame, M. Jackson and Sony still own the Beatles catalog. I don't think Sony is quite yet on the DVD-A bandwagon (or if they ever will be), since they push SACD. It's a VHS vs. Beta type of thing.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:12 PM
USC YQUE

Originally Posted by GaleForce
Yeah, I'd love some Beatles, a lot, actually. I think its not only a contract thing but the fact that their music was recorded so long ago that they may not have 5 channels recorded. Just a guess.
Actually, it does not matter when the album was recorded. A vast majority of recorded music was never recorded in a multi-channel format. Usually the music needs to converted to a multi-channel format (currently SACD and DVD-A). It depends upon the artist to approve of the multi-channel mix and then they hire an engineer (well unless you're someone like Trent Reznor who mixed into 5.1 channels his last DVD).

By the way, I'll say it to death but BUY the Flaming Lips DVD-A "Yoshimi battles the Pink robots"!
Old 07-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Advanced

If you like rock

Originally Posted by GaleForce

If anyone wants a GREAT DVD-A to listen when you're just cruising or to enjoy the DVD-A system, I strongly suggest the Blue Man Group. And if you like rock, definitely get Led Zeppelin's "How the West was Won." Its a 2 disc live concert in 5.1. Very fun to listen to.
The Blue Man Group is great. Also, if you like rock, get Linkin Park's Reanimation. It was mixed very well.