06 TL Navigation Update DVD

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 08:59 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 TL Navigation Update DVD

I wanted to upgrade the navi on my 06 TL and after visiting Acuranavi.com I determined that the orange dvd was what I needed for my year and model. So I had gone ahead and purchased this:

However, after inserting the disk, an "error reading disk visit the dealer" message appeared on the navi screen. I know that there is nothing wrong with my navi as it was working fine prior to this and continues to work when I insert the old disk. I also know its not the disk given the fact that it is new. I even returned it and purchased another one only to receive the same message. I have a strange feeling that I might not be using the correct dvd for my system as this is the dvd that is currently in my navi:

Just to give a little background info, the TL's navi did stop working about 6 months ago, was replaced by the dealer and since then everything has been working fine. So ultimately my questions are is the orange DVD in the first picture the correct disk for my car? If not, is it possible that when the dealer fixed my navi they used a part from a different Honda/Acura and that's why the orange disk isn't working? If so do I have to buy a updated version of the white dvd? Any information is appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:14 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
The Navi drives for '04-'06 use an orange disc, while the '07-'08 Navi drives use a white DVD. The orange DVD is correct for the OEM Navi drive for the '04-'06 TL.

Your dealer probably switched out your old Navi drive for a '07-'08 drive if the Navi now works using the white disc, but not the orange.
If the Navi works with the white DVD, the update should also be with a newer white disc.

Welcome to AZ.
The following users liked this post:
taf89 (12-22-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 05:38 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought that might have been the case. Thanks for the reply and the welcome.