06' Ipod harness with 05'

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 03:06 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' Ipod harness with 05'

I've been out of the loop for a while but I am basically trying to figure out the best quality way of attaching my nano. Will the converter for the 06' work in my 05' with some mods...the search I kept getting was too broad. My guy in Houston keeps telling me to wait until he has something compatible with the factory deck, and I'm still waiting.
Any insight?

Thanks everyone.
D
Old 02-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
music link is a POS. Check out this solution: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131280

just like music link but allows you to see your song information on the ipod AND lets you have an additional aux input!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Thanks for pointing the way.

D
Old 02-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
music link is a POS. Check out this solution: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131280

just like music link but allows you to see your song information on the ipod AND lets you have an additional aux input!
Downloaded the manual and here's some interesting info on the USASpec PA11-HON2. Pay particular attention to Note 1 and the last paragraph. I can't say for sure whether or not the latter occurs.

Important: Display of artist, song title information, track search and artist, song title, album or genre is not displayed on the Honda radio. Only the Playlist number and track number are displayed on the radio. (CD Changer display mode)
This interface is designed as an alternate replacement to the Honda external 6 Disc CD Changer. Therefore it is not possible to have the external 6 disc CD changer and the PA11-HON2 iPod interface simultaneously connected to the Honda radio.
Note 1: The PA11-HOND2 works directly with factory Navigation system in 2003-06 ACCORD. A special adapter cable (sold separately) is required to work with factory XM receiver (tuner).

Note 2: The PA11-HOND2 requires an adapter cable (sold separately) to work with factory Navigation and XM receiver in CRV, Element, Odyssey and Ridgeline.

When both iPod and XM radio are installed: some vehicles – when listening to the satellite radio interference can occur, you will need to disconnect the SAT connection as there is currently no solution for resolving the interference problem.
I've been doing some more reading on it. Here's what I found so far. In the link you referred to, jaymd has a Sirius receiver plugged into the Aux input of the unit. He also mentioned the "Y" cable (HONO3-F/MM - $19.98) for those that want to retain factory XM. I found this; NOTE: The HONO3-F/MM can't be used to retain factory XM. If you have the factory XM option, see our X3 products. So I click on the link and the X3 page revealed this. For the Y cable to be utilized, you would need the PIE X3-HON03 2003-Up Honda T-Harness ($26.98). The T-Harness inturn requires this unit, the X3 Auxilliary Input Switcher ($54.98). This is my interpretation of the available references. You now need 3 addtional pieces of hardware in order to retain XM for a cost of $107. Add the the PA-11 HON2 ($119.98) for a total of $227.

I'm not saying it doesn't work nor am i slamming it. Just stating pitfalls for retaining XM capability. This was the case for a lot of the earlier adapters - requiring the use of the auxilliary input (taken by XM) for Ipod integration. There's gotta be a less complicated work around to keep the factory XM.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:12 PM
gt1
` . ' . SUV haterrr

Just to answer the original question, Music Link will work in 05Tl just fine, within it's limitations of course.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OOPS, sorry for the text repeat and hope it didn't cause any confusion. I thought I made the neccessary edits prior to posting. Sounds like I'm babbling. Mods, would you be able to edit the post and remove this section? If not, I'll eat crow and suffer with the humility.

I've been doing some more reading on it. Here's what I found so far. In the link you referred to, jaymd has a Sirius receiver plugged into the Aux input of the unit He also mentioned the cable "Y" cable (HONO3-F/MM - $19.98) for those that want to retain factory XM. I found this NOTE: The HONO3-F/MM can't be used to retain factory XM. If you have the factory XM option, see our X3 products. So I click on the link and the X3 page revealed this. The PIE X3-HON03 2003-Up Honda T-Harness (previously referred - $26.98) requires this unit, the X3 Auxilliary Input Switcher ($54.98).
Old 02-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Downloaded the manual and here's some interesting info on the USASpec PA11-HON2. Pay particular attention to Note 1 and the last paragraph. I can't say for sure whether or not the latter occurs.

Anyway, I've been doing some more reading on it. Here's what I found so far. In the link you referred to, jaymd has a Sirius receiver plugged into the Aux input of the unit He also mentioned the cable "Y" cable (HONO3-F/MM - $19.98) for those that want to retain factory XM. I found this NOTE: The HONO3-F/MM can't be used to retain factory XM. If you have the factory XM option, see our X3 products. So I click on the link and the X3 page revealed this. The PIE X3-HON03 2003-Up Honda T-Harness (previously referred - $26.98) requires this unit, the X3 Auxilliary Input Switcher ($54.98). Now you need 3 addtional pieces of hardware to retain XM for a cost of $107. Add the the PA-11 HON2 ($119.98) for a total of $227. There's gotta be a less complicated work around to keep the factory XM. I've been doing some more reading on it. Here's what I found so far. In the link you referred to, jaymd has a Sirius receiver plugged into the Aux input of the unit He also mentioned the cable "Y" cable (HONO3-F/MM - $19.98) for those that want to retain factory XM. I found this NOTE: The HONO3-F/MM can't be used to retain factory XM. If you have the factory XM option, see our X3 products. So I click on the link and the X3 page revealed this. The PIE X3-HON03 2003-Up Honda T-Harness (previously referred - $26.98) requires this unit, the X3 Auxilliary Input Switcher ($54.98). Now you need 3 addtional pieces of hardware to retain XM for a cost of $107. Add the the PA-11 HON2 ($119.98) for a total of $227.

I'm not saying it doesn't work nor am i slamming it. Just stating pitfalls for retaining XM capability. This was the case for a lot of the earlier adapters - requiring the use of the auxilliary input (taken by XM) for Ipod integration. There's gotta be a less complicated work around to keep the factory XM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:52 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
How can i disable "disconnect" just my XM radio without disabling my Navigation system? does anyone know?