Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zero Tolerance Policy

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Super and Geeky, you're both right.

Maybe ALL the stickies should be BOLD and have an attractive icon next to it?

Meaning, stickies should always appear bold, even after viewing them.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by McCollins23
Just curious how these rules never seem to apply to people in Ramblings sub-section. Every time someone new posts in there, they get treated like shit. If rules are going to be made, they should apply to the whole site.

And yes I know that you need to have "thicker skin" in Ramblings.
I completely agree. There are a few members in there that should be axed off this site as they treat many here like crap. I almost left this site because of that. Now I just stay out of that section.

Thank you Steven and others for doing this. I have been here for over 10 years (on another account as well), and this site has gone a bit down hill over the last few years. I hope you guys push to do this on all forums and not just this forum. Like I said above, many get away with attacking members here, calling them insulting names, and when reported, nothing happens. We get ignored. Makes us not want to donate (hint: hardly any donations happened this year), and not want to help the community any more when our MODS/Admins seem to not care when we report things. Just my .02 cents since I have been here so long.

Last edited by pimpin-tl; 04-20-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Pimpin', thanks for the kudo's.

I want you to know that I get EVERY Reported Post and if I'm at work, I'll stop to look at it immediately. The same goes for anyone who sends me a PM. If I'm at work, I'll still look at it right away. It's important to me to be as responsive as soon as possible. If I'm at one of my 3 jobs (Stadium Announcing for the hockey team in KC) and I can't respond, I promise to get to it quickly.

I look at them all-just know that. Sometimes, things are reported that don't necessitate immediate action, but I appreciate you guys bringing things to our attention.
The following 3 users liked this post by Steven Bell:
Acura_Dude (04-21-2013), pimpin-tl (04-20-2013), Undying Dreams (04-20-2013)
Old 04-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
I know you do Steven and appreciate that.

Keep it up!
Old 04-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Be like me.

Troll Ramblings forums then get trolled back.

Visit 3G forums and wish there was a oil thread.

Mission accomplished.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I see nothing wrong with being easy on new members, I usually google everything before coming in and asking questions.

They might have done the same, but like me they might have found 100 threads on the same topic.

So to prevent future clutter, simply throw up a link to a thread on the topic that covers the question and maybe any more that might arise.

It will force people to read and use the tools we already have to get their own information and if they still have questions then hey, just answer it or let the next guy do it.

This will ensure that if another new member comes along and searches he will likely find 3-4 similar threads and he will see the same links to the correct source where he can again get his information.

Instead of "STFU NEWB AND SEARCH"

I like the new direction, there's a lot of good members here and a ton of good knowledge. most of the time I will PM members who have done something I like or who I think might have the answers simply because I didn't want to post a new thread for fear of being bashed.

Austin, Machine, Rockstar to name a few have been more than helpful with all of my questions thus far.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Guys Newbee from Brampton Ontario.

Just as Steven Bell, I only became a Modder after being on this site. I rarely post anything because I'm so scared too as someone may rip me a new one.

Anyways I love what all you Guys have done for me and my 06 NBP TL

BTW way I just put on a set of 20s yesterday morning 225/35/20

Old 04-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Team Owner

^^^ Perfect example......

No one.....and I mean NO ONE should be scared to post for fear of "getting ripped a new one".
Old 04-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 663 Posts
All valid points made in this thread. I agree with most, if not all. We all were noobs at one point so I think it's fair to be mindful when responding to some of these threads.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of older members on the site complain that noobs don't use the search function but they are extremely quick to chastise a noob that bumped an old thread after clearly using search. It's almost like the newer members can't win sometimes.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
the overexplainer

Received 385 Likes on 337 Posts
^I've seen that too and I just respond "at least he used search"
Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 AM
The Boss

Received 321 Likes on 227 Posts
^ true, but in some cases the old thread already has the answer he seeks, making his post useless.
The following users liked this post:
EvilVirus (04-22-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick216
^ true, but in some cases the old thread already has the answer he seeks, making his post useless.
Sometimes new folks just need a little handholding to be sure that is indeed the right info. We can either be nice or we can be dicks. I'm hoping for nice.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I fully agree with ILC on every post. I brought it up years ago how the board was being diluted by terrible incorrect information because the same crap is being asked over and over. The more knowledgeable veterans are usually the first ones to stop posting so you end up with a bunch of noobs incorrectly answering a question and not knowing the difference in an opinion and a fact. This hurts the non lazy people when they go to search for an answer. I usually give in and post when I see bad info and I get talked to or banned for my attitude.

Just saw the has anyone tried D4 transmission fluid thread. This has been talked about, hundreds of pages on this topic. Lots of heated debates, discussions, facts, etc. It's been beaten to death. Some posted links, some began posting opinions and on and on it goes. The thread starter continued asking questions even though links were provided for him and those questions were clearly answered in the links provided. Why should we take the time out of our day to type this stuff up when he was given plenty of reading material to make up his mind?

I just recently started a thread on my charging system problems. I've been here for a little while with a few posts and I still spent about 30 minutes searching this site to make sure my particular problem had not been brought up before. Then I made my thread.

To the mods/admin's credit, the search window was added to every single page right at the top with the search button in red and it did not seem to make a dent in the repeat topics. That tells me that you have people that are willing to search and will find the original small search button and you have the people that want everything done for them and won't type a few words into even the big search bar at the top.

No noob has anything to worry about if they search first. If I ask a question that's similar to a common question but slightly different, I'll include that in the thread, the reason why I felt the need to start a new one.

Some noobs have been unfairly bashed. Some have been far from tactful, but many have deserved it. I would have no problem ignoring them all if people didn't post such terrible bad information that's going to hurt those that actually try to search.

I know this will never get resolved, this isn't the fist time it's been brought up. This is why I never spend more than a minute on any post. I put very little effort and time into anything I write on here because it will be asked again tomorrow. I was actually reading over some of the stuff I've written over the past year and laughed because there was so much information missing but I got tired of repeating myself somewhere between swaybars and transmission fluids.

I won't post in anymore of those threads, to hell with them. They can post as much misinformation as they want but I sure as hell won't be putting any effort into anything I post to help anyone out and I think it's time to limit most of my posts to helping myself instead of others.

One thing to think about, look at how many knowledgeable veterans we've lost. Guess why most of them went away...

This may sound angry but I'm not angry at all. It's just the way it is.
The following 5 users liked this post by I hate cars:
EvilVirus (04-22-2013), Franchise1124 (04-22-2013), Majofo (04-23-2013), The Machine (04-22-2013), Undying Dreams (04-22-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
One last thing, I know the mods can't control all of the posters, I'm not putting this off on them. Maybe this is what happens as the cars become more affordable and the average age drops. I'm an original owner and I remember when people would try and help themselves on this forum. I don't visit often but I assume the 4G section is more like how the 3G used to be.
The following 2 users liked this post by I hate cars:
EvilVirus (04-22-2013), Majofo (04-23-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 03:27 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Agree with IHC! I'm the original owner since odom 21m.

People want answers and they want it now. So they want to feel like the thread is all about them. Instead of searching / researching.

Go to google - Type in "acurazine+KEYWORD" wham bam thank you mam. You have your answer.

Last edited by lusid; 04-22-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: r-traded engrish correction
The following 2 users liked this post by lusid:
EvilVirus (04-22-2013), Majofo (04-23-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
^Yes.

This is the basic nature of car forums. People buy a new car, together learn a lot of new things, then eventually fade away out of lack of interest, new vehicle, or life, then the noobs are left to figure it out on their own and or relay bad information down the line.

HOWEVER, this place is moderated FAAAAAR better then HT ever was. That poster may not realize but that would feel like a slap in the face if I was officially part of this forum. Mods, don't listen to that. Lol

Also, as far as being organized, this place is great. The garage may need some up keep but we are far better off then most. Christ I went to clubcivic the other day, as an experienced car guy and a very experienced forum goer, and even I got confused.

Last edited by maharajamd; 04-22-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:33 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I've been around plenty of forums with all sorts of makes and models. This always happens when your current model vehicle is over the 5-10 year mark. As some of us still have 2004 TL's, some of these newer members just purchased these. You know the deal, Stock car with a million miles and are looking for the cheapest mods, ect ect. Basically the TL is the new Civic world. It's the cycle of owning an older appealing vehicle, the cheaper it gets the more it becomes a "Dime a dozen"

The meets are also starting to show the "Ugly", as this is not what it use to be when I started 6-7 years ago where generally the vehicle owners are of which has some "Class". Not saying anything wrong with the newer generation of owners, just different age bracket. I congrat you efforts, I see it ending up as it always is with a pissing contest between members. I hope, things would change, we will only see with time. Thank you for making this thread and making the issue at hand known.
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
EvilVirus (04-22-2013), Undying Dreams (04-22-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 03:40 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
just wanted to touch on a couple of things.

i think "noobs" make new threads all the time and the same redundant questions get asked bc they don't even CONSIDER to search first. they have their problem, they find this forum, they make a thread about it bc they never once even for a second thought that MAYBE just MAYBE there would be another similar thread already created. they want people to cater to THEM and THEIR problem. it's the way things are now'adays. everyone wants hand outs and instant gratification.

this car has been in production for 9 going on 10 years and everything has been discussed ad nauseum. I've been a member of this forum for about 3 years and i rarely ever see a new thread about something that i didn't already know about. why? because that thread has been created many times before and old/veteran members get tired of regurgitating the same info over and over again.

like i said, a lot of people today just want hand outs and don't even consider the option of searching before they post. they also don't see anything wrong with making new threads...and if that's true, which it is, sooner than later the entire 3G front page will be nothing but transmission/oil and aem intake threads.

i think most of the moderators do a fine job keeping this forum afloat and i appreciate their time/energy that's devoted to this site.
The following 2 users liked this post by SharksBreath:
EvilVirus (04-22-2013), Undying Dreams (04-22-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
B-MAC

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
As a member since 2006, I have seen Acurazine grow and become what it has today. I have had this site save me thousands of dollars (ok i"ll admit... cost me thousands as well) but its always been a safe haven for all Acura owners alike. Everyone has to start somewhere. All veterans on here once were noobs and quite frankly, had I been hazed when I first started, it would be means of me not coming back to this amazing site and I know there are many of you out there that would have felt unwelcome and not logged on here again either. I agree with ggesq and Steven. We are better than this and instead of hazing ppl and stating "USE THE SEARCH" why not link a site for them or give an answer like we all used to do for each other. That's what this site used to be about. Nobody understands you and your car like all your friends on Acurazine. Its a brutally cold world out there when you're all alone.

Ok back to my hidey hole!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Race Director

I have never seen you post...
Old 04-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 802 Likes on 578 Posts
I agree with all that have said "we were all new at some point" well since did being new mean that you can now lack common sense?

Common sense would tell you that if you now own a car that is 10 years old, that pretty much ANYTHING you are having an issue with or want to know has been discussed before. The info is there, you just have to look for it.

Now I'm not into bashing noobs, but it does get annoying to see the same stuff posted over and over again, and yes I do ignore it and do not post because I get tired of repeating myself. I can't remember how many times I have seen Justin copy and paste the info for the stage exhaust mods for people and I'm sure he is tired of doing it as well. Especially when its right there on the first page of a 100 page thread.

About thread bumping. I don't mind anyone bumping threads, IF it was to post some good info about what was discussed or to ask a pertinent question about the subject. Now when the original post was back in 2005, the OP has 0% activity, and then someone's asking the OP "did you decide what wheels to go with?" like come on seriously man, you really had to ask that?? Or bumping an old thread to just add a is just ridiculous. And the person who did bump it should get flamed for it.

To expand on searching a bit more, I think something that would be very beneficial to helping members find threads when searching is to maybe, just maybe put a thread title about what's going on. Instead of just putting "Please Help", maybe by putting a more descriptive thread title, finding info would be much easier for noobs and veterans alike.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:32 PM
B-MAC

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Undying Dreams
I have never seen you post...
Hence the hidey hole comment. I pop out every great once in awhile to say hi but for the most part since late 2010 I havent been on too much. As we all come to find, life tends to throw more on you the older you get. In the past three years I have gotten married and now have two kids. This takes up all my time and money but I havent forgotten about my car. Its the little bit of me I have left and I refuse to let go. Before it was college and a full time job. I was never one to post for hours upon hours but I have spent hours and hours on here. If there was a count for that, I would be well up there. lol

Lets just call me an Acurazine
The following 2 users liked this post by big_mac65:
justnspace (04-23-2013), Undying Dreams (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 02:21 AM
riding low and steady

Received 80 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Maharajamd
^Yes.

This is the basic nature of car forums. People buy a new car, together learn a lot of new things, then eventually fade away out of lack of interest, new vehicle, or life, then the noobs are left to figure it out on their own and or relay bad information down the line.

HOWEVER, this place is moderated FAAAAAR better then HT ever was. That poster may not realize but that would feel like a slap in the face if I was officially part of this forum. Mods, don't listen to that. Lol

Also, as far as being organized, this place is great. The garage may need some up keep but we are far better off then most. Christ I went to clubcivic the other day, as an experienced car guy and a very experienced forum goer, and even I got confused.
Yes, I agree with you fully on your entire post. I never meant to insult the members/mods here ( which im pretty sure it visually sounded like i did). What I was trying to get at was the way people would respond to noob questions on HT vs AZ. How I should have stated my previous comment was " I'd hate to see AZ get like HT is", but enough talk of AZ vs HT. This forum is truly better and moderated faaar better than not just HT but many other forums ive been on and seen. I've never seen mods be as active as our AZ mods.

I'll be working on something that hopefully will help out with all of this. Its going to take some time to put together.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Oh do I miss the OGers. I asked quite a few repeated questions when I first joined AZ but members helped me and even PMed to offer to help. Majofo even helped me in regards to wheels in like 10 PMs or so back then.

IHC and 04WdP make valid points. 3G side is going to be like this regardless it is either because:

1) mods let it happen and there is no way back
2) Average age of Owner
3) Car is getting cheap/old

I got my car at 25k+ while everyone nowadays are getting it for half. :/
Old 04-23-2013, 08:58 AM
FTW

I paid something like 32k + change out the door back in Nov 2011 with 21miles on the odom. And I would probably do it again, something about owning a brand new vehicle and driving it into the ground.

Going forward I'm just going to ignore threads that irritate me unless the post is constructed with some thought.
The following 2 users liked this post by lusid:
EvilVirus (04-23-2013), justnspace (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Majofo even helped me in regards to wheels in like 10 PMs or so back then.

Wow, Majofo helped!
The following 3 users liked this post by Steven Bell:
EvilVirus (04-23-2013), Majofo (04-23-2013), Undying Dreams (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 09:07 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
that's what irks me.

I have no problem helping people out.
however; first impressions are important.
if someone, for example, a 16 year old in high school about to enter college DID NOT PUT ANY TIME OR THOUGHT INTO their first post; I'll answer accordingly.

I give leeway to people in a bind that need an answer quickly; but for the most part, at least show initiative.

I have no tolerance for Idiots( can I say that in here?)
especially in this day and age where 16 year olds are on the computer 24/7.
The following 3 users liked this post by justnspace:
dontTL'em'nothing (04-23-2013), EvilVirus (04-23-2013), Undying Dreams (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Race Director

Well I'm glad Justin likes me
Old 04-23-2013, 09:56 AM
FTW

You are 16+3. I don't think you meet that criteria.
The following users liked this post:
Undying Dreams (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Race Director

Old 04-23-2013, 10:23 AM
riding low and steady

Received 80 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
that's what irks me.

I have no problem helping people out.
however; first impressions are important.
if someone, for example, a 16 year old in high school about to enter college DID NOT PUT ANY TIME OR THOUGHT INTO their first post; I'll answer accordingly.

I give leeway to people in a bind that need an answer quickly; but for the most part, at least show initiative.

I have no tolerance for Idiots( can I say that in here?)
especially in this day and age where 16 year olds are on the computer 24/7.
what he said ^^^
Old 04-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Wow, Majofo helped!

Originally Posted by ggesq
Can you explain a little more in detail why you feel that way?
Originally Posted by narcotics
Hey Guys Newbee from Brampton Ontario.

Just as Steven Bell, I only became a Modder after being on this site. I rarely post anything because I'm so scared too as someone may rip me a new one.
I'll rip you a new one.

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I fully agree with ILC on every post. I brought it up years ago how the board was being diluted by terrible incorrect information because the same crap is being asked over and over. The more knowledgeable veterans are usually the first ones to stop posting so you end up with a bunch of noobs incorrectly answering a question and not knowing the difference in an opinion and a fact. This hurts the non lazy people when they go to search for an answer. I usually give in and post when I see bad info and I get talked to or banned for my attitude.

Just saw the has anyone tried D4 transmission fluid thread. This has been talked about, hundreds of pages on this topic. Lots of heated debates, discussions, facts, etc. It's been beaten to death. Some posted links, some began posting opinions and on and on it goes. The thread starter continued asking questions even though links were provided for him and those questions were clearly answered in the links provided. Why should we take the time out of our day to type this stuff up when he was given plenty of reading material to make up his mind?

I just recently started a thread on my charging system problems. I've been here for a little while with a few posts and I still spent about 30 minutes searching this site to make sure my particular problem had not been brought up before. Then I made my thread.

To the mods/admin's credit, the search window was added to every single page right at the top with the search button in red and it did not seem to make a dent in the repeat topics. That tells me that you have people that are willing to search and will find the original small search button and you have the people that want everything done for them and won't type a few words into even the big search bar at the top.

No noob has anything to worry about if they search first. If I ask a question that's similar to a common question but slightly different, I'll include that in the thread, the reason why I felt the need to start a new one.

Some noobs have been unfairly bashed. Some have been far from tactful, but many have deserved it. I would have no problem ignoring them all if people didn't post such terrible bad information that's going to hurt those that actually try to search.

I know this will never get resolved, this isn't the fist time it's been brought up. This is why I never spend more than a minute on any post. I put very little effort and time into anything I write on here because it will be asked again tomorrow. I was actually reading over some of the stuff I've written over the past year and laughed because there was so much information missing but I got tired of repeating myself somewhere between swaybars and transmission fluids.

I won't post in anymore of those threads, to hell with them. They can post as much misinformation as they want but I sure as hell won't be putting any effort into anything I post to help anyone out and I think it's time to limit most of my posts to helping myself instead of others.

One thing to think about, look at how many knowledgeable veterans we've lost. Guess why most of them went away...

This may sound angry but I'm not angry at all. It's just the way it is.

Amen..

Unfortunately, this is why I don't frequent this side anymore, or post useful stuff. It's a real shame because a lot of us spent 99% of our time here helping others or contributing in a positive way.

It got old, some rancid apples spoiled the bunch. Now the crowd is changing and I'm tired or sifting through the basket. I've opened recent thread where a problem was presented and the solution was easy.. yet I read +20 replies of the blind guiding the blind.. with the only real help lost in the fog. It's a shame.

If you've been here long enough, or do your own research, you'll either know who to contact if you have a real issue or figure it out by doing your homework.

Originally Posted by I hate cars
One last thing, I know the mods can't control all of the posters, I'm not putting this off on them. Maybe this is what happens as the cars become more affordable and the average age drops. I'm an original owner and I remember when people would try and help themselves on this forum. I don't visit often but I assume the 4G section is more like how the 3G used to be.

Amen..

Although I wouldn't visit the 4G.. my eyes.

I haven't seen him in a while but Tom (01tl4tl) would visit from the 2G side back in the day.. I'm guessing 2G back then is 3G now.

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Oh do I miss the OGers. I asked quite a few repeated questions when I first joined AZ but members helped me and even PMed to offer to help. Majofo even helped me in regards to wheels in like 10 PMs or so back then.

IHC and 04WdP make valid points. 3G side is going to be like this regardless it is either because:

1) mods let it happen and there is no way back
2) Average age of Owner
3) Car is getting cheap/old

I got my car at 25k+ while everyone nowadays are getting it for half. :/
Ahh.. our pillowtalk.

Over the past few weeks, admin and the mods have received enough bad post reports, seen the unnecessary hazing and rude comments towards new and old members, passive aggressive posts and the general decline of the pleasant atmosphere that 3GTL once had.

Steven Bell- one of our Administrators - has been more than forgiving to a handful of you. He's warned and warned and warned.

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Oh, can I play?? I don't have a car though.
Don't you have an anniversary to forget?

If someone STARTS off right out the gate being a douche, then we let the members have some fun. Hell, I've moved several threads to Ramblings myself just for the entertainment factor.

People go to the Off Topic section for various reasons but the way rules are enforced there are not the way they are here.
Whiskers

Old 04-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Where Did My Garage Go?!!

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
On a completely unrelated note, I am glad to check the forums after a few months of having no life due to work and seeing a new thread subject (meaning this one).....

...also IHC has told me to go read 55 page threads before when I was feeling incredibly lazy and would not answer my question (even though I wanted a fast answer)...then I did and learned a hell of a lot more during those 55 pages than if he had let me take the easy way out.

Now I know GM Synchromesh fluid is the best fluid for my AT!