Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your worst "pulled over" Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:54 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Danielsc400
I have no front plate for over 3 yre's and not one ticket!!
Lucky you... I've gotten 15 so far, 5 since I came back to the US 4 months ago. I also just got a "No plates" ticket for "not having" any plates at all last week, and the funny thing is, both that ticket and the subsequent meter out ticket had my plate number on it. Go figure, the DPT guy must've been psychic.

~Cheers~

P.S. Oh, and somehow, a cop miraculously found my car which was frosted over, was able to read my VIN without wiping the water from the window OR removing my business card covering it, and ticket me at exactly 00:00 on the day I was to go to court.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude, you dont have to pull over for unmarked or undercover cop cars, they cant do a thing if you dont pullover.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by david-s
dude, you dont have to pull over for unmarked or undercover cop cars, they cant do a thing if you dont pullover.
please tell me your joking...........
Old 08-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
ive been pulled over and asked where the drugs are several times (when i wasnt even tinted) and just picture that in a lot more threatening and "intimidating" tone. they also always somehow smell marijuana in my car maybe my vanillaroma air freshener gives off the smell of burnt pot i dont know? its odd since marijuana has never been smoked in my car, but nonetheless they smell it.

once i tell them you can have a look around the car if you like they leave me alone. this has happened at least 6 times in the same town, same time of day. they must be bored at night.

ive also been called gay by a cop when i was dropping my friend off home one night we had to have been out there for 30 seconds just bsing when a cop pulls up and starts telling us we are either "making out" or "doing drugs" in hindsight i shouldve just said i was gay and pressed charges for discrimination hahah. anyway i have tons more but none of them result in me being ticketed. just harassed.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Instructor

damn, these post are hilarious! I got pulled over last night in oakland dropping a friend off. He told me he pulled me over for my high mount brake light being out. I told him I didn't know it was out but he told me I knew it was out and stop bsing! Then he asked what I've been smoking, n he could smell it! In the end I got a ticket for the high mount brake light being out. Is that right since my other brake lights were working?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Instructor

do that and you'll end up on one of those police video's
Old 10-12-2008, 11:12 PM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
To the posts about searches....I never ever ever ever give consent for a cop to search my car w/o a warrant. It's just a matter of principle and anyways, if the cop has to ask, he doesn't have enough p.c. to search without consent. I never roll with anything illegal anyways.

Everyone should watch the busted videos on youtube.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

You could be right. I have experienced twice with unmarked cop cars. Once I was chasing an RSX and going above the speed limit and cutting through traffic when this black ford car pulls beside me and turns on the siren for like 1 sec and turns it off so that I get his attention. Then he pulls his window down and tells me to slow down and then he goes his way. Also I was driving 60 in a 40 zone and this black charger slows down as I am passing it then I see two cops looking at me but they didn't do anything. Accidentally these things happened but I would definitely not recommend testing this on an unmakred cop car like some one said you can be on TV unless you want to.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:27 AM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^ I'm sure that if someone doesn't pull over for an unmarked cop car, the argument could be made in court that it was a matter of personal safety. Sounds reasonable, but our legal system isn't always.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:21 AM
Instructor

My daughter got pulled over for 108 in a 55 on Thanksgiving day . The cop said that he was just going to turn off the radar when it started going off . He said " I looked around to see where it was coming from when she flew by me . " Luckily they lowered the fine and took only 2 points . I told my daughter she was lucky she didin't end up in jail .
Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Instructor

wife is crazy about the whole purell thing soon as we get in the car she squirts out a dab of purell on the kid's hands my hands and hers. we would all wipe down and wait for it to dry and then would drive away.
doing 80ish on palisades park way...get pulled over and the first thing the cop asks if how many i had that nite and out of total confusion i go...huh? i mean a loud huh? and he looks at me closer and ask how many i had to drink again... i had no idea what he was talking about then my wife jumps in and say no no its the purell you are smelling. and then it dawned on me that he is smelling the alcohol from the damn purell so we give him the bottle and he is taking a deeep deep whiff off of the bottle and still kinda eyeing me. and gives me my tix reduced to 65/55 instead of 85.

i mean if i was drinking then i would have had a ton of conversational pieces. yes officer i had A beer/wine or two with my dinner that was 2-3 hours ago. but this time i was caught totally flat footed. and i cant remember the last time i had a drink and drove period. having a baby strapped in your car, why in the world would i chance anything? anyways just paid for it...holy cow. nys 10miles over cost me 250 bucks for the fine. and two points. damn.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Advanced

almost a pull-over...
Years ago when I was young and foolish, I was on I-95 in CT cruising along at about 80mph when a pretty red Mustang GT flies by me. Of course I take off after him. My car: 1972 Mazda RX-3, very modified. I catch up at about 110mph and look over. A COP! It was an unmarked car... He looks over shakes his head at me (like "you idiot...") and takes off. I, of course, back off...
Old 10-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Three of us had gone down to Coconut Grove near Miami to imbibe a bit. We finally found a parking spot that we thought was legal – it wasn’t. After a few hours of hitting the clubs, we headed home. When we got to my buddy’s car we noticed a parking ticket on the windshield. Well needless to say he was PISSED and the fact that he was hammered didn’t help much. My other friend was designated so he drove home.

All was fine until we passed an intersection and there on the corner was a cop. My drunk friend, still pissed over the ticket, yelled “F@$% You!” as we drove through the intersection. This short fat cop made a bee-line to his cruiser, got in and hauled ass towards us. I told my buddy who was driving that we’re screwed. Naturally the blue lights come on and we immediately pulled over. With that, three cruisers converge on us and we were yanked out of the car at gun point.

End result:
- Sober driver was charged with felony evasion of a police officer (we never ran) and DUI (he blew a 0.00).
- Stupid drunk friend was charged with “littering” and was arrested. Have no idea where this littering thing came from.
- Me, well I was lucky. I was let go but I was 40 miles away from home and had to call my dad at 3:00AM to come and pick me up.

Later all charges were dismissed in court after a couple grand in attorney fees.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Crysophylos
Three of us had gone down to Coconut Grove near Miami to imbibe a bit. We finally found a parking spot that we thought was legal – it wasn’t. After a few hours of hitting the clubs, we headed home. When we got to my buddy’s car we noticed a parking ticket on the windshield. Well needless to say he was PISSED and the fact that he was hammered didn’t help much. My other friend was designated so he drove home.

All was fine until we passed an intersection and there on the corner was a cop. My drunk friend, still pissed over the ticket, yelled “F@$% You!” as we drove through the intersection. This short fat cop made a bee-line to his cruiser, got in and hauled ass towards us. I told my buddy who was driving that we’re screwed. Naturally the blue lights come on and we immediately pulled over. With that, three cruisers converge on us and we were yanked out of the car at gun point.

End result:
- Sober driver was charged with felony evasion of a police officer (we never ran) and DUI (he blew a 0.00).
- Stupid drunk friend was charged with “littering” and was arrested. Have no idea where this littering thing came from.
- Me, well I was lucky. I was let go but I was 40 miles away from home and had to call my dad at 3:00AM to come and pick me up.

Later all charges were dismissed in court after a couple grand in attorney fees.
Damn I think this tops my experience....I didn't know you could get arrested for littering.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:00 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Soseductivesf
Damn I think this tops my experience....I didn't know you could get arrested for littering.
Only if you tell the cop to go f$%k himself beforehand.....
Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

i got a 750 dollar ticket for going 7 over
Old 10-28-2008, 08:00 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This happened back in 2002 but its definately my worst cop experience. A group of us were out on our bikes (6-8 of us) out west of where we live flying around riding quite fast, we came up on a couple of slow moving cars and passed at the end of a no passing zone (had maybe another block to go double yellow but you could see over a mile ahead) we were doing 80-90 mph and appearantly caught the attention of a county sheriff who pulled us over a couple miles up the road and was ready to arrest all of us..... luckily one of my buddies is a fire fighter and his father is the sergeant of the police depart in the town we live in which helped us out with this cop. We were all given tickets for passing in a no passing zone vs. reckless/passing/speeding/improper lane usage etc...... NOW... next day Im out in my vette (at that time I had a 1996 Grandsport that was heavily modded) and the same guy busts me going 68 in a 45, walks up to the car and says: "I know you..... dont you have a Blue and White bike too"? I said yeah, and he says: "you dont learn, do you...... you know your getting another ticket right"? Needless to say I got 2 tickets from the same guy from 2 different traffic stops within 24 hours. I ended up having to go to court, got a motion to vacate one of them and got supervision for the other.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Burning Brakes

So one of my good friends gets busted for DUI. Problem was she wasn't drunk, her friend gave her an "E" pill. She passed all the test but the cop wasn't satisfied. They checked her pulse and she admitted taking a pill. So the arrest her and she calls me to come pick her up. When I call the station to ask what she was charged for the lady told me DUI and she blew a .015 or sumthing.. When I picked her up, she showed me she was charged with driving under the influence of a controlled substance but they couldn't find a trace of anything via blood/urine test. She told me she took the breathalizer test 3 times and passed. Somethings fishy. So should she fight it?
Old 10-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Advanced

So one of my good friends gets busted for DUI. Problem was she wasn't drunk, her friend gave her an "E" pill. She passed all the test but the cop wasn't satisfied. They checked her pulse and she admitted taking a pill. So the arrest her and she calls me to come pick her up. When I call the station to ask what she was charged for the lady told me DUI and she blew a .015 or sumthing.. When I picked her up, she showed me she was charged with driving under the influence of a controlled substance but they couldn't find a trace of anything via blood/urine test. She told me she took the breathalizer test 3 times and passed. Somethings fishy. So should she fight it?
Of course.Theres no evidence whatsoever,she should get a lawyer for this and get a settlement.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jdmsedan2003
Of course.Theres no evidence whatsoever,she should get a lawyer for this and get a settlement.
elaborate please..... she admitted taking a pill so isn't that all they need?
Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Advanced

elaborate please..... she admitted taking a pill so isn't that all they need?
Just consult a lawyer period.It is difficult to elaborate ,such a case.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Pro

QUOTE=thinhthan;10130583]i got a 750 dollar ticket for going 7 over[/QUOTE]

i got a $150 for going 19 over
Old 11-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Intermediate

my worst was going to hockey practice in NH in a 93 saab SPG on a sunday night, i got pulled at 120 in a 50, got the whole nine, arrested, car towed, so on. They took my license on the spot and said it would be decided on my court date if i got it back. Well this was a small town in NH and my dad went into the police station that following friday and talked the chief into giving me my license back until my court date because i had a job and played sports, he gave it back, the following day i was going to get a haircut and was pulled again for 88 in a 40, arrested again and towed. My dad sold my car and made me plead guilty for all offenses so I lost my license for 6 months and had a couple grand worth of fines at the end, now i just seem to get out of tickets, i got pulled 2 months ago going thru and ez-pass at 80 and got a verbal warning, gotta love purple heart plates!
Old 11-01-2008, 12:39 PM
So Slick, bugs dont stick

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by COEHSP
my worst was going to hockey practice in NH in a 93 saab SPG on a sunday night, i got pulled at 120 in a 50, got the whole nine, arrested, car towed, so on. They took my license on the spot and said it would be decided on my court date if i got it back. Well this was a small town in NH and my dad went into the police station that following friday and talked the chief into giving me my license back until my court date because i had a job and played sports, he gave it back, the following day i was going to get a haircut and was pulled again for 88 in a 40, arrested again and towed. My dad sold my car and made me plead guilty for all offenses so I lost my license for 6 months and had a couple grand worth of fines at the end, now i just seem to get out of tickets, i got pulled 2 months ago going thru and ez-pass at 80 and got a verbal warning, gotta love purple heart plates!

HOLY SHIT...
Old 11-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The fines don't seem to be that high where you guys live. Up here you get a $870 fine and 10 points for doing 30mph over the limit. Running a stop sign is $580 and 6pts, it's just fuckin nuts these days. I went to court to contest a speeding ticket, the cop didn't show and I still got ticketed, however the fine was lowered by a little and the judge gave me 6 months to pay.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DAiNiUS
The fines don't seem to be that high where you guys live. Up here you get a $870 fine and 10 points for doing 30mph over the limit. Running a stop sign is $580 and 6pts, it's just fuckin nuts these days. I went to court to contest a speeding ticket, the cop didn't show and I still got ticketed, however the fine was lowered by a little and the judge gave me 6 months to pay.
So all you get is one ticket to suspend your license? I woner what 10pts. does to your insurance
Old 11-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
And people wonder why hockey players are stereotyped as being dumb.

Let us know how Dad and Purple Heart plates stack up against a vehicular homocide charge!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Intermediate

first off i was 16 at the time and yes it was stupid for doing that, and at 16 I still lived under my fathers roof so he was there to help me out, and as far a getting out of tickets cause i have purple heart tickets on my car and most cops are prior military so i would say they are easier going on prior military and than your everyday civilian.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Suzuka Master

first off i was 16 at the time and yes it was stupid for doing that, and at 16 I still lived under my fathers roof so he was there to help me out, and as far a getting out of tickets cause i have purple heart tickets on my car and most cops are prior military so i would say they are easier going on prior military and than your everyday civilian.
You went through a 10 mph ez pass at 80 mph two months ago, which is more boneheaded than both other offenses. You're lucky the toll booth workers didn't converge on your car and stone you to death when the cop pulled you over.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Intermediate

ok the ez-pass I went thru wasnt a booth it was a 2 lane section but why am I arguing with you about speeding? this is a topic about your worst "pulled over" story and im sure that you have never once gone over the posted limit and just put the mods into your car to impress the 17 year old kid next to at a light? I think I got it.....
Old 11-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Intermediate

I was in the 2nd day of owning my brand new 08 Cobalt SS. Got pulled over for minor speeding. Like... 63 in a 55 or something. Nothing bad. BUT... my plates were off my old car that I traded. I didn't have a bill of sale or registration. I can't remember... I think they forgot to give it to me or I left it somewhere else. Anyway... luckily he just asked me a few questions (although he wasn't real nice about it) and gave me the ticket and sent me on my way.
I hadn't been pulled over in so long I didn't know it was normal now days for the Iowa Troopers to sit you in the front seat with them. So when he asked me to I was scared as shit!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by anx1300c
You went through a 10 mph ez pass at 80 mph two months ago, which is more boneheaded than both other offenses. You're lucky the toll booth workers didn't converge on your car and stone you to death when the cop pulled you over.
hahahahaha!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zander916
I was in the 2nd day of owning my brand new 08 Cobalt SS. Got pulled over for minor speeding. Like... 63 in a 55 or something. Nothing bad. BUT... my plates were off my old car that I traded. I didn't have a bill of sale or registration. I can't remember... I think they forgot to give it to me or I left it somewhere else. Anyway... luckily he just asked me a few questions (although he wasn't real nice about it) and gave me the ticket and sent me on my way.
I hadn't been pulled over in so long I didn't know it was normal now days for the Iowa Troopers to sit you in the front seat with them. So when he asked me to I was scared as shit!
I've never had an encounter with troopers... Are they strict? They seem by the book!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Intermediate

I've never had an encounter with troopers... Are they strict? They seem by the book!
Not all. I got stopped by another a few weeks later. Yeah I was speeding but not serious. It was Fri. of labor day weekend and I was approaching a cloverleaf so I sped up to make a clearing. He was cool... just a "drive safe" and let me go. The one thing I've learned no matter who stops you... just be nice. Not over the top, but just try not to act like they ruined your whole day even if you believe they did. lol

Last edited by Zander916; 11-04-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:18 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jdmsedan2003
Hello...planet earth.....she openly admitted to taking a controlled substance....(e).....what kind of settlement do you think one deserves for this?

Dont listen to this guy....there is no settlement due here in any way shape or form. Just go to court...it will go away if they indeed had no evidence.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Hello...planet earth.....she openly admitted to taking a controlled substance....(e).....what kind of settlement do you think one deserves for this?

Dont listen to this guy....there is no settlement due here in any way shape or form. Just go to court...it will go away if they indeed had no evidence.
I agree with you if she did in fact admit to knowingly ingesting an illegal or controlled substance, but according to Soseductive she admitted only to "taking a pill."
Old 11-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz

went to court today.. they want to give her 30days in jail, 2k fine n 18 months of classes.. pretty harsh for her first offense.. anyhow they don't have evidence of a pill but she did admit it to the officer.. she plead not guilty... also she drove after she took it but she didn't feel the effet until 2 hrs later.. When she got pulled over she passed all the sobriety test but they still took her in for a rapid pulse..
Old 11-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
145 in a 50, construction zone, w/ a funeral procession of blind people.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,515 Posts
When I was 18, I was doing 135mph in my 2G TL and a cop gave chase. He rolled up next to me and put on his flashers.

After I slowed down to about 100 / 90mph, he let me go (I guess he got a call).

I was really damn lucky.

Other than that, 88mph in a 60 zone, $345 ticket.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
wow...you guys have some really nutty stories...

I'm only 16, but the most i've gone is maybe 10-15 kmh over...and that's only because everyone else is going just as fast and I'd rather not be the annoying little prick slowing everyone down by going 10 under with only one lane going each way...they are freaking annoying.

Question: Does the going with the flow of traffic excuse actually work for speeding tickets?

Quick Reply: Your worst "pulled over" Experience