Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is wrong with people?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 02:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,223 Likes on 698 Posts
WTF is wrong with people?

Jesus, it seems lately, a lot of us are being the victims of vandals & thieves. Well, tonight, I sympathize even more with each & every one of you.

I spent tonight at a party celebrating someone's birthday, only to come out and find my right passenger window has been hit. Thankfully, the window did not break, but there is a gigantic window full of cracks all stemming from this impact. It is a tiny impact so it may have been rock, but I do know there were people from the party out front near mine & others' cars, so I'm not ruling them out for a second.

Just pisses me off because it's now 1 more thing I need to get fixed. I barely made it home since I heard the glass cracking as I went.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:48 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
tell me about it... I bought the current ride (97 integra) with a dented passenger fender... the dent was closer to the bumper cover.... well day before yesterday I drive up to my buddys place and he's like yo who dented ur fender, I was like no I bought it like that... then I glance again, another car hit the same fender, causing the passenger door to be wedge and not accessible... thank god it was just a big dent and not tiny ones cuz I reached my hand behind the fender liner and popped the dent out...

the truth is, no one values property which isn't theirs... hell some don't even value their own property
Old 06-21-2009, 06:28 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
One time I went to a friends house for new years... Parked in the street....

Next morning, I went home... When I was getting ready for dinner, I was walking to my car, and I noticed I had a huge dent on my front fender, and my turn signal was shattered... I remembered that I parked on the street across from my friend's driveway, but there were no cars on his driveway when I left.

So I called my friend to see if anyone said anything... My friend said his sister was parked on his driveway, and that she was at his house visiting again... He said she denied hitting anything, but he went to take a look at her car... He asked me if my turn signal was shattered... I asked why... He said there is pieces of orange reflector lodged in her bumper... I asked if her car was blue, cuz I had blue paint on my black bumper... He said yes....

I came over to his house... Her bumper lined up exactly with the damage on my car... His sister still denied everything.... Up to this day...
Old 06-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Unregistered User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I remember a couple years ago with my Legend and it was on Thanksgiving. I was parked on the street because there were so many visitors because of the holiday. Next day I see a huge dent on my rear driver side door. Someone must've been drunk and backed out of the driveway right into my car, and then just ran without leaving a note!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things like this are beyond annoying. It's frustrating enough when "you" do damage to your car, when somebody else does it (without taking responsibility), it's 10x worse.

Like Stillhere said, most people just don't respect other peoples' property anymore.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Checking it out this morning, apparently, the tint is what is keeping it in place. Going to put some cardboard or something though, to keep the glass from falling in as it won't take much effort to push it in.

I don't even want to call Acura for a quote. May just have a guy we've hired before do it for around $200.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
SO SAD.

Yesterday I was waiting to pull onto the street, I was looking to my left and then I freaked when a kid riding his BMX bike ran into my passenger door, now I have a dent to repair.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Do these cars bring bad luck or what?!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
its unbelievable that people have no respect for someone else's property. two nights ago i went out with some buddies. i park my car in a parking garage thinking it was going to be safe. boy was i wrong, i come back to see trash all over my car with two cokes split on it and ketchup all over the paint. thank god i didnt get keyed but i washed it as soon as i got home which was 2:20 am

Last edited by lilsid112; 06-21-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S

Checking it out this morning, apparently, the tint is what is keeping it in place. Going to put some cardboard or something though, to keep the glass from falling in as it won't take much effort to push it in.

I don't even want to call Acura for a quote. May just have a guy we've hired before do it for around $200.
That would make me sick, too. You do know you can use force, up to and including deadly force, to defend your property in Texas at night, don't you? While I am not specifically advocating you do this, consider it as an option and do check the law first.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
You do know you can use force, up to and including deadly force, to defend your property in Texas at night, don't you?
I <3 TX! Here, in Cali, if you use force to protect anything of yours, you end up going to jail with the perp and probably will be sued by him to boot.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Suzuka Master

That would make me sick, too. You do know you can use force, up to and including deadly force, to defend your property in Texas at night, don't you? While I am not specifically advocating you do this, consider it as an option and do check the law first.
I've heard that & the perp is just lucky he got away because I wouldn't have hesitated to bust some glass over his own head. :shakehead
Old 06-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
damn Rick, that shit pisses me off so much
Old 06-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Urban Golf

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
SO SAD.

Yesterday I was waiting to pull onto the street, I was looking to my left and then I freaked when a kid riding his BMX bike ran into my passenger door, now I have a dent to repair.
I got extremely pissed when I was talking to a coworker a long time ago.. She was asking me if I wanted to go with her to play Urban Golf... I was like, WTF is urban golf? She said it's when you play golf in the city, where they setup the holes at various locations, and you hit the ball with your club in the streets.

I was horrified. I said I would be pissed if I parked my car in the street and somebody hit it with a golf ball.. She said I was over-reacting and being anal with my car. :angryfire

She said they don't always use golf balls, said usually they use tennis balls... A tennis ball can still do a number on your fender if hit right... Personally I think Urban Golf should be outlawed, if it isn't already... I'd like to see what happens if a guy gets hit in the eye while driving his convertible with the top down......
Old 06-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Mug
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Most people just don't have respect for other people's property.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:16 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Something similar happened to me. I was going to a party and their was nowhere to park so the only parking space available was close to a bar.... when it was time to leave and went to my car i saw a huge white scuff mark on my rear drive side door.It looked like someone just glaze my car and left without leaving a note.

I still have not gotten my car fixed because im seriously thinking about getting my car painted WDP just waiting on alittle more cash.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:01 PM
TL=True Love

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
Do these cars bring bad luck or what?!

no TL's are juss sooo hot, that it makes me ppl jealous. They look alot nicer than a lot of 2009+ model cars.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

I <3 TX! Here, in Cali, if you use force to protect anything of yours, you end up going to jail with the perp and probably will be sued by him to boot.
Good reason not to live in California, though in Virginia, you are limited in the amount of force you can use to protect property.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by avs007
I got extremely pissed when I was talking to a coworker a long time ago.. She was asking me if I wanted to go with her to play Urban Golf... I was like, WTF is urban golf? She said it's when you play golf in the city, where they setup the holes at various locations, and you hit the ball with your club in the streets.

I was horrified. I said I would be pissed if I parked my car in the street and somebody hit it with a golf ball.. She said I was over-reacting and being anal with my car. :angryfire

She said they don't always use golf balls, said usually they use tennis balls... A tennis ball can still do a number on your fender if hit right... Personally I think Urban Golf should be outlawed, if it isn't already... I'd like to see what happens if a guy gets hit in the eye while driving his convertible with the top down......
What you're dealing with here are people who have never been taught the sanctity of property and how respecting is respecting those who own it. This was second nature to me when I was growing up. You learned to respect people by first learning to respect the things they owned.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Pro

This is WHY i never take my car to parties. I instead will take the durango to events such as these to avoid as many problems that can occur it sucks that i have to do things like this to avoid peoples f*** ups. Sorry to see this has happened!
Old 06-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Go TL it on the mountain!

One time I went to a friends house for new years... Parked in the street....

Next morning, I went home... When I was getting ready for dinner, I was walking to my car, and I noticed I had a huge dent on my front fender, and my turn signal was shattered... I remembered that I parked on the street across from my friend's driveway, but there were no cars on his driveway when I left.

So I called my friend to see if anyone said anything... My friend said his sister was parked on his driveway, and that she was at his house visiting again... He said she denied hitting anything, but he went to take a look at her car... He asked me if my turn signal was shattered... I asked why... He said there is pieces of orange reflector lodged in her bumper... I asked if her car was blue, cuz I had blue paint on my black bumper... He said yes....

I came over to his house... Her bumper lined up exactly with the damage on my car... His sister still denied everything.... Up to this day...
i like the color of your TL. very original...
Old 06-22-2009, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by pearlite TL
This is WHY i never take my car to parties. I instead will take the durango to events such as these to avoid as many problems that can occur it sucks that i have to do things like this to avoid peoples f*** ups. Sorry to see this has happened!
I'm like you. Whenever there's the slightest doubt in my mind about the safety of my car, I take my Ranger pickup or I'll rent a car if necessary. My property is very important and after all... cars don't heal.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 AM
信是寶

What you're dealing with here are people who have never been taught the sanctity of property and how respecting is respecting those who own it. This was second nature to me when I was growing up. You learned to respect people by first learning to respect the things they owned.
Well put! And it traces back to the parents teaching their kids proper "values."
Old 06-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Vroooom!!!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
You should have asked her how would she like it if someone took a 9 iron to her car. Urban golf....what will they think of next?
Good reason not to live in California, though in Virginia, you are limited in the amount of force you can use to protect property.
It is a Commonwealth bro. You can't use deadly force in defense of property AT ALL in Virginia.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm helping my Mother raise my Sisters kids 11-9. Long story. The nine year old went to throw a stone at the 11 year old and got the hood of my 04. I am pissed needless to say. i took their computer away from them and they start counciling tonight. I'm not going to have something I worked my ass off to get being ruined because they can't get along.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

that's wiz-ack yo...
Old 06-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by pearlite TL
Well, I could do that, but the TL is my main car. Thankfully, though, when I told the hostess of the party what happened, she said next time, she will gladly let me put the car in her driveway in the back where I can keep an eye on it.

On the window, Acura wants $400+, but Safeway (whom we've used before) is offering $169 & does great work. Just need to find a way off work tomorrow as I want it fixed as soon as possible. I can't believe how hard it is to drive when you lose your mirror & such a large spot.

Last edited by Rick_TL-S; 06-22-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RC51Ryder
You should have asked her how would she like it if someone took a 9 iron to her car. Urban golf....what will they think of next?

It is a Commonwealth bro. You can't use deadly force in defense of property AT ALL in Virginia.
Please note. I didn't say deadly force.. I said force.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
Well, I could do that, but the TL is my main car. Thankfully, though, when I told the hostess of the party what happened, she said next time, she will gladly let me put the car in her driveway in the back where I can keep an eye on it.

On the window, Acura wants $400+, but Safeway (whom we've used before) is offering $169 & does great work. Just need to find a way off work tomorrow as I want it fixed as soon as possible. I can't believe how hard it is to drive when you lose your mirror & such a large spot.
I have glass protection from gieco which is around 4 dollars more a month and if anything happens to any of the glass in the car..break in rock chip whatever its covered but i still dont take the TL to parties... to many crazy people
Old 06-22-2009, 03:11 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Mug
Most people just don't have respect for other people's property.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:19 PM
6th Gear

you gotta be real careful where you park these days...
Old 06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
07 TL-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yep, <3 texas
Old 06-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fu(k$ that do this shit don't get theirs often enough !

Id love to start seeing vigilantly Justice just start taking a huge toll on these bastards.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by strikerONE
that's wiz-ack yo...
please for the love of God dont ever post like this again
Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

disregard my last post, he is no longer with us
Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM
*WFC #162*

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by strikerone
that's wiz-ack yo...
Originally Posted by trancemission
please for the love of god dont ever post like this again

+1
Old 06-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
disregard my last post, he is no longer with us

Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Vroooom!!!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Please note. I didn't say deadly force.. I said force.
Gotcha! You are right. Regular force is good, deadly force is bad. Although I sometimes wish it was an option. Only thing you can do is protect is as best you can and keep it insured. This is the world we live in.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Instructor

someone probably hit it with a spark plug.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RC51Ryder
Gotcha! You are right. Regular force is good, deadly force is bad. Although I sometimes wish it was an option. Only thing you can do is protect is as best you can and keep it insured. This is the world we live in.
Yes it is.

My '66 SS396/360 Chevelle was broken into and vandalized eleven times in the 5 1/2 years I owned it.

Quick Reply: WTF is wrong with people?