Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wreck repair advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MR1
Please do share what they come up with for a value. I don't think I want to really go back to a 4 cylineder, do you?

Acuras keep proving how well they protect passengers in crashes, something to think about while you are trying to decide which way to go.
I had to be doing about 50 when I hit the MDX broadside on a high speed ramp going onto 495 in Mass... the MDX lights were out as well as the higway lights in that area. When I finally saw the MDX it was too late. I am now wondering what they will come up for a value. I will post it here. I am expecting about 24,000 plus tax or about 25,200. I owned it outright.

I was thinking about going to an A4 AWD and got two prices for 32,500 (2.0T) and 36,797 (3.2 v6). I cannot justify 4k for a bigger motor. The 3.2 was nice though and had great throttle response. The 2.0T was pretty good thought and gets over 30 MPG gallon on the highway. The A4 is over 3500 pounds.

I am still considering another TL and a G. The 07 G was nice but the list was about 38,000 and they do not want to deal.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:24 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by mickey3c
I had to be doing about 50 when I hit the MDX broadside on a high speed ramp going onto 495 in Mass... the MDX lights were out as well as the higway lights in that area. When I finally saw the MDX it was too late. I am now wondering what they will come up for a value. I will post it here. I am expecting about 24,000 plus tax or about 25,200. I owned it outright.

I was thinking about going to an A4 AWD and got two prices for 32,500 (2.0T) and 36,797 (3.2 v6). I cannot justify 4k for a bigger motor. The 3.2 was nice though and had great throttle response. The 2.0T was pretty good thought and gets over 30 MPG gallon on the highway. The A4 is over 3500 pounds.

I am still considering another TL and a G. The 07 G was nice but the list was about 38,000 and they do not want to deal.
I've already been the VW/Audi route and doubt that I'd go back period. European cars are questionable quality to me and lots of others though I love the way they drive. Think I'd stick with Acura/Lexus/Infinity for peace of mind. Good luck with whatever you decide and please do share information as available.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got in touch with the other insurance companies its going to be crazy 5 cars involved , the insurance of the car that hit me in the back is going to go look at the car weds they told me that they're going to pay for the damage in the back and split the damage in the front with my insurance , I dont care as long as somebody pays me . I still think is a total loss well see how both insurance companies are going to split that
Old 11-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,107 Likes on 765 Posts
Exclamation Let your insurer handle the investigation and repairs

Originally Posted by COCAINE.TL
I finally got in touch with the other insurance companies its going to be crazy 5 cars involved .... see how both insurance companies are going to split that
No, let your insurance company deal with the mess from now on-- report the accident to it, make a claim with it and hand it copies of all your info/reports and say "When do you want to send an adjuster to determine the loss so I can get my car back [or a new car]?."
If you are not at fault, your insurer will go after the at fault driver(s) and not raise your rates. If you are at fault, your insurer will charge you with a higher premium. Either way, you paid the insurance company so it can do the investigation and pay for damages.

Also, don't agree to let someone else's insurance company to split with your insurance-- you may not be at fault, and it may violate your contract with your own insurance. Don't sign anything without your insurer's review and consent either!

Hope it all works out.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Racer

DON'T SIGN ANYTHING FROM THE OTHER PARTIES INSURANCE COMPANY.

When my wife was hit, the other insurnace company said they will pay (after some fighting), and they sent over paperwork which in legal mumbo jumbo stated we were giving up rights to get compensation from their client and that they were not at fault for the accident. I called my insurance company and faxed the paperwork to them, they reviewed it and said DO NOT SIGN IT. They said that if I signed it BEFORE they received a payout, then the other insurance company would have told us to take a flying leap since they have the doc. Insurance companies have some adjusters that like to play games.

I am not sure what the laws are in the state you live in but the whole thing about you splitting the cost of the damage to the cars in front of you is a crock. A looonngg time ago my wife (again) was rear ended so bad, it pushed her into the car in front of her. The last car in the back of the line (which caused the accident), had to pay for 100% of all the damages to my wifes car and the car in front of her (which she was pushed into). My wifes insurance did not pay $1 for damages and our rates did NOT go up since my wife was 100% not at fault.
If your insurance tries to take some % blame on you and pay the other cars damages, consult a lawyer because they may be doing a payout just to save on overall costs and not represent you for your best interest.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:02 PM
FROG

i agree the person in the back is allways the one at fault and their insurance should pay all others involved, unless proof is provided otherwise.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:23 AM
Intermediate

WIIL L, CL TYPE SPORT NAVI,DAVENLEI thanx now I know how to talk to these insurance companies , yesterday my insurance company went to see it and declared it A TOTAL LOSS, the adjustor said somebody from insurance will be contacting me
Old 11-09-2006, 05:28 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CL TYPE SPORT NAVI
i agree the person in the back is allways the one at fault and their insurance should pay all others involved, unless proof is provided otherwise.

the only problem is that i told both insurance companies that I did in fact hit the car infront of me but that it wasnt anything significant the air bags didnt come out until i got rear ended ,
Old 11-09-2006, 12:23 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
The only person that you should be talking to is your insurance compay representative. That's what you pay them for, they are your mouthpiece to the other companies. If you don't like what your company comes up with, get a lawyer.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Racer

Since you did hit the car in front of you BEFORE you were rear ended, you are at least 'partially' at fault for his damages. Since you described that your air bags did not trigger until after you were rear ended, your insurance company may try to fight it out with the other insurance company (that hit you) to determine the split of payout to the party in front. They may also just assess all the damages of the front car to your insurance company since you actually caused the initial damages and it would be too hard to determine which impact caused what damages. So either way, your rates are 99% likely to go up since you were 'at fault' for one of the impacts.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Racer

I read your initial post again and you said you stopped in time.... What happened? Did you hit the guy in front before you were rear ended or did you stop in time? If you did stop in time and not hit the car in front you but you mis-spoke when interviewed by the insurance company, you may be able to fix it by telling them you stated the events incorrectly. You will have a much weaker position but you may be able to recover validity if the guy in front states he only felt one impact and not two. Another option (may actually be the only one) if you did not actually hit the guy in front first, is to get a lawyer to try to discuss having the statement taken again by the insurnace companies. Again, you are in a much weaker position and the insurance company of the guy in the rear will fight tooth and nail to pin you on your initial statement,
Old 11-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by davenlei
I read your initial post again and you said you stopped in time.... What happened? Did you hit the guy in front before you were rear ended or did you stop in time? If you did stop in time and not hit the car in front you but you mis-spoke when interviewed by the insurance company, you may be able to fix it by telling them you stated the events incorrectly. You will have a much weaker position but you may be able to recover validity if the guy in front states he only felt one impact and not two. Another option (may actually be the only one) if you did not actually hit the guy in front first, is to get a lawyer to try to discuss having the statement taken again by the insurnace companies. Again, you are in a much weaker position and the insurance company of the guy in the rear will fight tooth and nail to pin you on your initial statement,

yeah my insurance is handleling they already send the adjuster and theyre going to pay for the car ,, too bad they dont use kellyblue book so instead of 15g's they only going to give me 13800 ,
Old 11-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Intermediate

i'm probably the only guy that gets into a car accident and doesnt sue , im not going to worry about it anymore the car is paid and i came out without a scratch so whatever happens happpens good karma is my side