Sponsored by:

Wood Dash Trim Kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wood Dash Trim Kits

Hi there,

I’m looking to get additional wood trim for my parchment interior on my TL. I know there are a few vendors online that sell them, but not sure which one to go with. Does anybody know which kit is the best as far as quality and "perfect match" (if that exists). I just want to make sure I get the kit that’s going to match the best to the OEM wood. For the people that have kits, where did you get yours and how close is the match? If some has any pictures to post of theirs, that would be great. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Racer

There was a thread on this about 5 weeks back. You might try a search.

I too would like a kit that includes covering the long, side console trim with durable (though I'm sure false) wood trim. The silver trim gets beat up too easily and it doesn't match the parchment interior.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Intermediate

I did a search, however, I couldn't find to much. I’m looking for feedback from those that already have bought kits for the 04 TL. Which kit did they buy and how close does it match the OEM wood? Thank you in advance for responses.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:19 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Talk to brucedeb1 (PM him) -- he installed one of the first entire wood trim kits for his Quartz interior.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Team Secretary of Housing

I am here to answer any questions

Fellow members,
Feel free to e-mail or pm me with any questions you may have regarding the kits. There are now two different kits available. One includes the speedometer area the other does not. I got the one without the speedometer and had it been available I would not have gotten it anyway. There is also a kit available to stick over the carbon black pieces in the darker interiors. I took my black carbon ones out and replaced with the actual wood tone pieces found in the lighter interior choices. I would still opt to go with it this way rather than the stick on. These pieces go on the doors and console doors so I feel the stick on pieces will stick out too far. Just my $.02
Old 03-18-2004, 04:21 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Hey Bruce... there you are. I haven't seen you around the forums for a while so I wasn't sure if you still frequented this place. How's your baby treating ya?
Old 03-18-2004, 04:33 PM

Lore

I am here lurking around almost every day. Only comment when I feel I can add to the thread. Love driving my baby. Over 7K miles already. I have had similar issues as most on this forum. The seat memory, tire vibration, flat spot issues to name two of them. Overall still the best car I have ever driven or owned. How is your's doing?
Bruce
Old 03-18-2004, 05:54 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Bruce:

Good to see you. The car's great -- I love driving it now, especially with the Spring weather! Hey, did you fix the tire flatspotting?

If not, PM me your email address. I'll send you the little tire worksheet that the dealer uses.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Instructor

Hello,

I actually ordered a wood kit from exoticwooddash.com. I ordered the basic wood dash kit. I elected not the full kit, because I didn't care for the wood pieces around A/C vents.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:19 PM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I installed a kit from exoticwooddash.com as well. Highly recommended! An excellent match to the Acura burlwood trim. I got the full kit for just a touch over $200, including shipping.

It was easy to install (though a little time consuming if you want to do it right), and the sales staff is very helpful.

Note: Be sure to press all your cockpit buttons before applying the hairdryer to the trim. The pieces fit very close together, and you may accidently overlap a button just a little bit that may cause it to stick a little. Just lift and straighten out the pieces before applying the heat, or it becomes much harder to remove.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:31 PM
Racer

www.exoticwooddash.com for about $195 for the full kit. Very happy with the look. I didn't get a piece for over the speedometer- overkill in my opinion. I installed it myself in less than an hour. It does a great job of giving the interior a richer look and "hides" the aluminum trim that I really don't like.

Greg
Old 03-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Racer

I have ordered kits in the past from exoticwooddash.com. I felt that the match and qualtiy was excellent. I ordered the full kit and used only about 60% of it, as some key pcs were left out of the basic kit.

My interior has NO wood, a big omission on Acura's part. Even a little really adds to the warmth inside. I'm not crazy about aluminum trim inside a car - it is too sterile.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Advanced

1. anybody have some pics to share?

2. is the trim faux wood or the real deal?
Old 03-19-2004, 03:18 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Take it from someone whose been in Brucedeb1's TL, the exoticwooddash kit is a winner! You could all see his pics if the gallery was working.

I think adding the speedo piece on top of everything else might be a bit too much though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Bruce, I spent March 7th/premier night working at the real BadaBing Club in NJ. Best to Deb, tell her my delivery of 'her car' got delayed a couple of weeks.

T
Old 03-20-2004, 09:03 AM

DMZ

Hey DMZ,
Thanks for the props on my interior look. Sorry to hear the delivery has been delayed. Why don't you just do a C-section and take it early? Oh this is a car not a baby! LOL! Tony must have been in his prime on the 7th........
Talk with you soon DMZ.
Bruce
Old 03-20-2004, 02:45 PM
Intermediate

First off, to Bruce, great help and info sent to me on the interior, which really looks classy. You're an asset to this forum. Thanks alot!

I do have a couple follow-up questions though.

1. Do any of the trim pieces need to be removed before applying the aftermarket kit? Is it recommended?

2. I saw where GotJazz used a hair dryer on the trim pieces. Is this a necessary step to ensure better adhesion of the trim?

One thing on this car is scaring me a little though. Weather here in OK is getting warmer now (70s and 80s) and I truly want to get my foot in the gas more. Someone stop me before I get in trouble. LOL.

Thanks in advance for any info on my questions....
Rob