Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wipers stopped durin snow storm

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Rock Star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wipers stopped durin snow storm

hey all i searched but couldnt find anything but yestreday during a snow storm i slammed on the breaks cause a dog ran across the street...thus causin all the snow on the roof to slide onto my windshield...i then pulled over and removed it because the wipers did not move i then cleared all the snow off...even under the wipers...got back it turned them on and nothing they then would fludder for a sec and then die after about ten mins of playin w em they went back on and now they r fine......does anyone know wut happened?????? thanx peace
Old 03-17-2004, 08:44 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Re: Wipers stopped durin snow storm

Originally posted by nym31mp
hey all i searched but couldnt find anything but yestreday during a snow storm i slammed on the breaks cause a dog ran across the street...thus causin all the snow on the roof to slide onto my windshield...i then pulled over and removed it because the wipers did not move i then cleared all the snow off...even under the wipers...got back it turned them on and nothing they then would fludder for a sec and then die after about ten mins of playin w em they went back on and now they r fine......does anyone know wut happened?????? thanx peace
How did the Bullsh|tstone EL-42's help you stop in this mess?

For me, NYC is Home of The Sopranos, though I was at he real BadaBing club in Lodi Sunday before last for the season premier celebration. Man, what a party!!!

:smokin:
Old 03-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Safety Car

i drove in the storm with the el42's, they were pretty good. i know people crap on them all the time but i was cruising at 50-60mph. it was mostly slush with some patches of snow here and there. when i got into the city it was mostly water(with salt of course). i'm sorry to hear that the wipers failed on you. i did not experience any trouble with teh wipers during the storm but i was not in the same scenario as you. stupid storm now my car is all messy, time to zaino it as soon as possible.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
The wipers going back on after ten minutes sounds like they might have an overload relay in the circuit so if the wipers get stuck because of snow, etc, it won't burn out the motor.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:36 AM
Rock Star

Lets relax Jerzey is the home of the Sopranos they seldom mention NYC and when they do its about the NY family......the always Mention Belleville..(My home town) Newark, Montclair, Nutley, Caldwell, Kearny, etc..and film in all those towns........who are all in NJ.......
Old 03-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here we go, New Yorkers trying to take credit for everything. Just about the whole show is in New Jersey. And it's not actually the "Bada Bing" it's Satin Dolls. It's not even that great of a strip club anyway. "Strippers" in bikini's dancing around. As for the windshield wipers, I had the same problem with my Integra when I first got it. It was raining, I was on Rt. 80 and they just stopped in the up position. I was stopped in traffic and they just stopped. i turned them off waitied a few seconds then they started up again. That was back in 99, five years later and 96K later it never happened again.