Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield washer warning light

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 10:06 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windshield washer warning light

Could someone please tell me why my new 2004 TL does not have a windshield washer low warning light?

Thanks.
Max C.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Exclusive feature to the Canadian market. Seems our Northern cousins demanded that Acura do something to make them feel important after all these years of loyal support for the brand, so they threw 'em the washer warning light.

Rumor has it that the '05 TL in Canada will bundle both the washer warning light *and* the elusive gas cap door holder into the "Canadian Mountee Anniversary Edition" in Redondo Red / Ebony & White Plaid interior with special badges. I'm checking www.carspyphotos.com every day for updates.

BJ
Old 07-24-2004, 10:30 PM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Further to BJ, not only did Acura give Canada the exclusive low washer warning, they got the larger washer fluid resevor.

I guess they need something to go with the std DRL's in Canada

Seems uncomprehensable why they did what they did?
Old 07-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
BJ: When you reply to a newbie on his first posting, you got to tell him not to take you seriously, or he might start to believe the stuff you say.

By the way, welcome, bankmax, to the forum and enjoy your ride.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

Max, please enjoy forums...
Old 07-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bankmax
Could someone please tell me why my new 2004 TL does not have a windshield washer low warning light?

Thanks.
Max C.
Value Engineering.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:46 AM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Uh, I never have seen one come on in any of my cars - it is part of my weekly check fluids protocol. Honestly, I do not see the big deal - just another thing to go wrong in my book, but I am weird. If I had a menu list of gizmos on the TL that i wanted to delete, it would be long. Like theater lighting for one.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by need4spd
Further to BJ, not only did Acura give Canada the exclusive low washer warning, they got the larger washer fluid resevor.

I guess they need something to go with the std DRL's in Canada

Seems uncomprehensable why they did what they did?
First they took away XM radio from us, then the fog lights. We get the runner up prize - more windshield washer fluid and a light.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:31 AM
Powered by Guinness

Originally Posted by Road Rage
Uh, I never have seen one come on in any of my cars - it is part of my weekly check fluids protocol. Honestly, I do not see the big deal - just another thing to go wrong in my book, but I am weird. If I had a menu list of gizmos on the TL that i wanted to delete, it would be long. Like theater lighting for one.
Theatre lighting - Do you mean the way the interior lights fade on and off? I think that's a classy touch.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:58 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by Aegir
Theatre lighting - Do you mean the way the interior lights fade on and off? I think that's a classy touch.
My '90 Legend Coupe and '95 Legend GS both came with foot lighting that you could leave *on* as you drove the car. Not too bright, just enough light to make the cockpit not seem like a big dark sea of blackness. The TL has lots of blue lighting that helps, but nothing beats gentle amber floorlighting. I miss it.

BJ
Old 07-25-2004, 02:01 AM
Powered by Guinness

Originally Posted by boltjames
My '90 Legend Coupe and '95 Legend GS both came with foot lighting that you could leave *on* as you drove the car. Not too bright, just enough light to make the cockpit not seem like a big dark sea of blackness. The TL has lots of blue lighting that helps, but nothing beats gentle amber floorlighting. I miss it.

BJ
Thanks.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Aegir
What happened to value engineering?
Old 07-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I think in Canada they get more snow, and hence would need more windshield fluid with anti-defrost. So it comes w/ a light to warn the canadians just so that they're not caught w/o fluid in a snow storm. For us? not so much.

I remember my northern friend tell me that his A4 came w/ self heating windshield fluid sprayer and also heated door locks.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Team Anthracite

Don't tell me a guy from NY is afraid of rthe dark?
Old 07-25-2004, 02:54 PM