3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife left MILK on seat, leather rock hard!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by acuranewbie
Can you tell me where you live so I make sure to stay away from your wife? She sounds like a dangerous driver
I think my coworker is just as bad. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to curb all 4 rims of his TL within a few months of ownership, and he hasn't even rotated the tires yet.

I think he curbed them multiple times too, becuase it's not like one gash on each rim. Each rim almost has a gash around the entire perimiter of the rim
Old 01-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
In fact, check out my coworker's nifty parking job. Not only did he park so far forward, that he scraped the underside on the small hill, he hit the sign too In fact most of the time when he drives to lunch about 40% of the time, he'll pull forward until you hear a loud bang.

Old 01-13-2006, 08:10 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try doing a search here, lots of knowledgeable people, good luck!

http://autopia.org/forum/search.php?searchid=316994
Old 01-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Racer

Wow. I feel like my leather problem is not such a big deal after hearing all these other stories.

Well, I rubbed out as much of the milk as I could and the stain is gone and some of the hardness is gone but it is mostly still hard. I think if I take a few minutes every day and press/massage the area, maybe it will soften up or break up the crystallized milk stuck in the underpadding of the leather.

We will see.....

Oh yea, in the heat of my rant when I saw the damage done, I mentioned to her how she trashes everything including her own car... Mentioned all the things she has done to it. She ended up saying she now feels like she is driving a crappy car and wants a new one since it is so messed up. Ugh... I think she has done this so she can justify a new car for herself. She always wants a new car right after I get one. I guess it was actually her turn to get a car since I bought one two years ago but I just had to have the TL and kinda skipped her turn. hee hee

By the way, she did try to just pass it off as an over reaction.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Pro

You sure it was milk?
Old 01-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Racer

yea, did the taste test. haha j/k.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by davenlei
Wow. I feel like my leather problem is not such a big deal after hearing all these other stories.

Well, I rubbed out as much of the milk as I could and the stain is gone and some of the hardness is gone but it is mostly still hard. I think if I take a few minutes every day and press/massage the area, maybe it will soften up or break up the crystallized milk stuck in the underpadding of the leather.

We will see.....

Oh yea, in the heat of my rant when I saw the damage done, I mentioned to her how she trashes everything including her own car... Mentioned all the things she has done to it. She ended up saying she now feels like she is driving a crappy car and wants a new one since it is so messed up. Ugh... I think she has done this so she can justify a new car for herself. She always wants a new car right after I get one. I guess it was actually her turn to get a car since I bought one two years ago but I just had to have the TL and kinda skipped her turn. hee hee

By the way, she did try to just pass it off as an over reaction.

Good idea, maybe get her an M45, she'll probably eat BBQ ribs in it the first week
Old 01-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like she really creamed your seat cushion

She probably wrote about it in her dairy.

It must have left a sour tasted in your mouth.

At least she wasn't too cow-ardly to admit her mistake.

Time to get over the tragic event and moove on.

Hey, if you have the tire vibration problem, maybe you'll get a milk shake!

Guess I've milked this to death

You've probably already herd these.

Maybe you should install curd-feelers.

Would anyone else like to whey in?
The following users liked this post:
trehman (10-30-2012)
Old 01-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
So, what's the best way to protect leather when something like this happens? Lexol will condition but will it protect from stains? Eventually someone's bound to spill something on my smooth and pretty parchment leather, what can I do to minimize the impact?
Old 01-14-2006, 10:53 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Zaino has a great leather treatment, and the smell is unbelievable!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by davenlei
Ok, I am REALLY pissed right now. I got my 06TL one week ago and my wife took it to work. She took her breakfast and spilled milk on the seat. She did not realize that she spilled milk on the seat (perforated area) until today (TWO DAYS LATER!). I wiped the area but the soft leather where the milk spilt is now hard as a rock and deformed into the shape of the stain. Also the leather takes on a cracked look when I press it. It looks like old leather in that area. Is there any way to fix/recondition the leather to be soft again and lose the stain shape or am I going to have to get the leather redone in the car [cringe]. I have had leather redone in other cars and it is not pretty. The grain/color never matches unless you get the whole interior re-done. I am PISSED!! The car is only a week old and she screws it up the third time she uses it!!! I should not be suprised since she is so careless with everything. She leaves the garage door open sometimes, the fridge door open, the stove burner on low when she thinks it's off, swings her car door open ito a pole, etc, etc, etc. I am so pissed because I want to keep this car for a long time but she trashes everything without even trying!

Any hope or fixing the leather without replacing it?

BRAND NEW TL and the seat is trashed!!!!

I suggest divorce.

Try babyoil. It sounds stupid but if you let an oil sit on it there may be a chance of it coming back around. There really aren't chemicals in milk so you have to try to re-soften the spot.

Good luck with that one....sorry to hear that happened!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've replaced the cushions on my '04TL so that I could use the new '05 style leather with the extra seam...that's another issue but I know the cushion under your leather is going to stink in a few weeks unless it's replaced. The cushion costs around $100. I doubt if you're ever going to get the milk out of the cushion without removing the leather. With a new car, I wouldn't be able to stand the smell in a new car...unless the smell was "new car" odor. Bite the bullet and just replace the cushion. The leather itself should be fine after cleaning and treatment with lexol or similar leather cleaners/conditioners. The area beneath the leather is cloth, so you'll have to remove the cover to clean that area properly. Cleaning from the top will only get to the leather, leaving the milk soaked in the cloth behind and under the leather. There is some padding there also which is most likely soaked with dried milk making the leather seem stiff. It's not the leather that's stiff...it's the padding and cloth behind the leather causing your problem.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Intermediate

Clear grounds for divorce

Get rid of her man, today it's spilt milk tomorrow it's blueberry pie on the dash!

Why do you think it's taken so long for BMW to add cup holders in their cars?
Take the German approach: no eating or drinking in the car allowed, period.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jeffstsx05
Get rid of her man, today it's spilt milk tomorrow it's blueberry pie on the dash!

Why do you think it's taken so long for BMW to add cup holders in their cars?
Take the German approach: no eating or drinking in the car allowed, period.

I can't agree more.