3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why you should never go to Rallye Acura for any service to your car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why you should never go to Rallye Acura for any service to your car.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/what-do-737760/

The above thread tells the background of my plight. I ended up writing a nasty letter to corporate and they they agreed with me that I would have no reason to hack into the bluetooth power source. So I went to Valley Stream Acura service (very nice and knowledgeable) for a 2nd opinion and to have some pictures taken of the wires to send to corporate.

Valley Stream takes it apart and tells me that there is NO evidence of any tampering. That the unit looks like it is intact and never touched save for some electrical tape that was removed. The heat strips are OEM and no wires were touched or cut.

How can 2 different acura dealers come up with such a different result. Either Rallye is completely incompetent or just tried to get me to complete a very costly repair with them or a combination of both.

Either way, Rallye is not a place you want to be taking your car for any kind of service at all.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
iirc there is a thread listing dealer experiences- if you can add this one to it
Old 08-23-2009, 07:05 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
iirc there is a thread listing dealer experiences- if you can add this one to it
Link 01tl4tl?

I'd like to post my Acura of Ramsey story there so I can show what a bunch of fuck-ups their service dept is.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes! Ralley really sucks ! Took it there for oil change and some dumb ass dinged my car at the quater panel, service sucks my car was filthy once took it in for service waited like 3 hrs and they didn't even wash it! The say there the best dealer, that's why i got my car there , but they really suck ass! U want good service go to acura of manhattan! They take care of you there even after my warranty was over!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:25 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by 04TLSTER
Yes! Ralley really sucks ! Took it there for oil change and some dumb ass dinged my car at the quater panel, service sucks my car was filthy once took it in for service waited like 3 hrs and they didn't even wash it! The say there the best dealer, that's why i got my car there , but they really suck ass! U want good service go to acura of manhattan! They take care of you there even after my warranty was over!
I have to agree with you about Acura of Manhattan. Though not perfect (and no dealer is), their service department seems the most competent of the three I've dealt with between Manhattan, Curry, and Ramsey.

In one example, the clowns at Ramsey told me the rear deck panel needed to be replaced because of rattling back there and wouldn't do it because Manhattan had previously replaced the rear deck speaker. Manhattan replaced it, and in the process discovered that that was not the cause, but replaced it anyway because Ramsey stated (on my receipt) that that was cause of my rear deck rattling. Turned out Ramsey was WRONG and the assistant service manager at Manhattan, Sal, told me they had to 'eat it'. My defense was that I had it writing from Ramsey stating that was the cause.

Though my service adviser at Ramsey, Danny Rivera, is very cool, smart, and trustworthy, the service & parts department management at Ramsey is without question the most unprofessional I've ever encountered. A real damning Story to follow........ It'll be a thread probably titled "Why You Should Never Go To Acura of Ramsey To Service Your Car".
Old 08-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Low is a Lifestyle.

DO NOT GO TO ACURA OF MANHATTAN!!!!!!
a fellow tsx owner went there and they stole and damaged maybe 3 or 4 thousand dollars worth of parts from his car + drove it around for over 1000 miles.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Low is a Lifestyle.

and that was this past year that it happened.
rallye acura in roslyn, however is a great place. its FAR from you guys, but i live in long island, so i go there
Old 08-24-2009, 07:58 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

All the nonsense posted about issues with Acura dealers in this forum are amongst the reasons why Lexus is doing so well. Now there's a company that bends over backwards to do whatever it takes to make a customer happy. My friends who own Lexus cars absolutely swear by their customer service to the point where they'll never buy any other brand ever again.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by ebs312
Rallye is not a place you want to be taking your car for any kind of service at all.
Originally Posted by 04TLSTER
: Yes! Ralley really sucks !
U want good service go to acura of manhattan! They take care of you there even after my warranty was over!
Originally Posted by DMZ
I have to agree with you about Acura of Manhattan.
Originally Posted by CGP CL9
DO NOT GO TO ACURA OF MANHATTAN!!!!!!
Originally Posted by CGP CL9
rallye acura in roslyn, however is a great place. its FAR from you guys, but i live in long island, so i go there
Let’s see:
Rallye Acura is no good
Agreed
Go to Manhattan Acura
Agreed
Do not go to Manhattan Acura
Go to Rallye

I’m so confused

Also, if you look over on the Lexus Forum, there are also horror stories about their dealers.

Last edited by Turbonut; 08-24-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread is so confusing since everyone has different opinions or experiences with dealerships. I bought my TLS from Rallye and have gone there a few times for service. One time they scratched up plastic door liner in the rear passenger. I didn't notice it under I got home, but gave them a call the next day and brought it in and they repaired it with no questions ask. Other than that incident, I don't see any issues with that Rallye Acura. I heard too many bad stories from Paragon Acura. But personally, I think the best dealership in the tri-state area is Park Ave Acura in Maywood, NJ. I never had any problems with them, but since I don't live in NJ no more, I will still go with Rallye.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Instructor

Sure, Rallye may be able to change your oil and top off your fluids or fix a dent or scratch. They're good for that stuff I guess.

But how can you call yourself a car dealer hiring "service technicians" who can't distinguish between an altered electrical wire and an unaltered electrical wire. They didn't even know how the electrical wires were wraped coming from the plants...total idiots.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I think every dealership has thier pros and cons and thier good and bad days. Ive always gone to valley stream acura since i bought my car and they take very good care of my car. When my tranny blew they were very helpful in fixing it and gettin a loaner to me. However, they did destroy my side skirt when they had my car on the lift for 2 weeks since they were waiting for a new tranny and the car couldnt move but the nex day they fixed it no questions asked. My uncle has an 07 MDX that he bought and services at Rallye and he said thier service dept is alot better than Valley Stream but they have thier off days too when they scratched up his plastic door liner just like typeSdragon said and they replaced it the next day. I think its just about having an off day.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:22 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Ive had 3 TLs from Rallye in the past 3 years, all heavily modified.... they never gave me one OUNCE of trouble doing warranty repairs... my
Old 08-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
Ive had 3 TLs from Rallye in the past 3 years, all heavily modified.... they never gave me one OUNCE of trouble doing warranty repairs... my
allon, can u post(or pm) what warranty repairs u needed? i was thinking about taking my tl in so they can fix the rattle but i dont wanna get fucked over, u know? and i dont really have the time to take apart the interior
Old 08-25-2009, 12:17 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
on the type-s

1) Engine Rattling Sound - was actually my CAI vibrating on the frame from a crooked vibra-mount. they put some heat resistant foam on my CAI...

2) Dead Battery - They overlooked my like 4 +/- taps into the battery (Fogs, Relays, System)

3) Bad O2 Sensor - (THIS WAS IN MY PRE-CAT DELETE )

4) interior rear deck rattle (I Had a 900.2 AMP with a 12" sub) i obviously removed the rear deck lid like THREE times.. they replaced all the plastic clips on the decklid

Of course, they always hooked me up. I know everybody there real well... i'm the crazy acura fanatic who buys an Acura every 16 months
Old 08-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Drifting

so u wanna borrow my car and get the rattle fixed for me? LOl
Old 08-25-2009, 12:30 AM
Drifting

i went into wantagh last week to buy a new gas cap, i bought my car there. i tried to bullshit with the service advisors, who are 55+, but it failed terribly. they looked at me like i was some punk kid and i wasnt worthy enough to own an acura....
Old 08-25-2009, 01:26 AM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ralleye has crazy ups and downs.... depends on which Service tech you talk to,

horrible crap shoot...haha ~ also, it seems like only 1/3 of their personnel are well trained.....i remember when i bought my TL (flame flame, didnt know about AZ), i bought the A-spec kit from the dealer (yea..then they charged my 5500...><) ...when i noticed that the lip was kinda loose, and brought it to them, they told me they couldn't do anything about aftermarket parts added onto the car....i just looked at the guy and was like WTF??

i have to admit tho, their service is decent enough...tho not on par with Rallye benz...but then again the family has been buyin from them for the past 20 years...

u want a crap dealer? goto Mungenast in St. Louis....i TOOK my car there to be repaired for subframe dmg...turns out the fuckheads did it all wrong, and forced welded it or some shit....i lost the papers when i moved, otherwise i'd call Geico and have them swarming that place...
Old 08-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
I bought my car at Rallye (after a horrible experience at Paragon, where I ended up getting my deposit refunded).

I've been using Rallye's service department for a few minor things and the recall, and I've never had a problem with them. In fact I was just going to make an appointment to have them look at my brakes.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by narnia
I bought my car at Rallye (after a horrible experience at Paragon, where I ended up getting my deposit refunded).

I've been using Rallye's service department for a few minor things and the recall, and I've never had a problem with them. In fact I was just going to make an appointment to have them look at my brakes.
HA...ive seen this line too many times on this forum "after a horrible experience at Paragon, where I ended up getting my deposit refunded" which is exactly what ive been saying...
Old 08-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by maddsiick
HA...ive seen this line too many times on this forum "after a horrible experience at Paragon, where I ended up getting my deposit refunded" which is exactly what ive been saying...
Yeah dealing with Paragon was a nightmare. This isn't the only forum that has negative posts about them, I don't know how they stay in business.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Instructor

I think most dealerships service varies because they look at you and decide what they can get away with. If you walk in there with a no bullshit attitude they probably aren't goin to try to pull something on you.. If you walk in there and seem to nice they are goin to work you over. I have seen this at rallye acura and experienced it also. That why when I go there I bitch about any little thing. It also depends on your service advisor. The entire department is pretty cocky if you ask me. who was your service advisor
Old 08-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Instructor

I'd rather not say who the service rep. was since he was just the messanger. It was the service manager and mechanic that were idiots.

Anyway, as an update, I got everything fixed (fixed in under 10 mins) and corporate told me the whole issue was being elevated b/c it was an unacceptable waste of everyone's time and something that should never had happened.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Burning Brakes

rallye acura is the greatest no problems here and im 21 and they give me loaners with no prob
Old 08-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Cruisin'

this is why i do all my own work lol all dealers are horrible ...and on that note all service places such as mechanic and stereo shops are the same to .. bottom line learn to work on your own car and save a lot of money and headaches