3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Navi

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 06:17 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't really want the NAVI for the extra $2000, but my wife did, and since she drives it most of the time, we got the NAVI. I am really glad we did. I think it would be much more beneficial to those who live in urban areas or travel a lot. We live in a rural area and I know where most things are (I'm a land surveyor), but my wife doesn't know. She doesn't even know how to get to the communities of Cat Corner, Push, Gratio, Protemus, or Minnick. I really like being able to get the Lat/Long right off the screen.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:39 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was one of those last minute nav buyer. I just didn't think getting a nav in the car was a big deal and waste of $2K. I convinced my self that it will add to resale - especially when parked next to a non-nav TL.

Having lived with the nav for little over 3 months, I am glad that I made the decision to get the navi. Of all the uses, here are few of my favorites so far.
1. Going to a new friends house is a easy. No more "you take a left at the light, then a right at the 7-11...". Just give me the address and I'll be there.
2. Unfamiliar roads found instantly when I need it. For example, I get a call from a buddy to come over and play golf at a course I've been to before. However, I'm at a differnt part of town and don't want to double back just to get a start from a known origin.
3. I'm approaching a signal light and I need to get to my kids BB game. There is a congestion up ahead and I know that it's to my right somewhere. I get the joy stick and find a new route instantly. Congestion avoided.

There are many more extras that I really like (voice command, stereo control, GPS, etc...), but these three came to my mind first. Nav may not be for everyone, but sure is convinient and is there whenever you needed.

With Nav (vs. map) You don't have to worry about tearing it, folding it the wrong way, or spilling coffee on it. The map doesn't point out your route, doesn't tell you where the closest ATM is, your ETA to destination, doesn't show where you are right NOW, or point out alternate route and compute distance / time. Map might be cheaper than a nav, but there is a reason why it is cheaper.