Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who got pulled over last night (NOVA)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who got pulled over last night (NOVA)

It was on the fairfax county parkway going into kingstown. It was a white 2004-05? TL. Looked nice!! I want the story!!! Thats a bad place to be speedin
Old 02-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Team Nighthawk Director

Keep in mind, about only 10 percent of TL owners, if not less, actually know about this site.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Licking Platters Clean

Can't blame him for asking though, we'd all like to hear what he got nailed for.

:cop:
Old 02-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Safety Car

imagine if all acura tl owners were registered on this site? it would be insane.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Computer Techie Geek

hey I have an idea... to bring more peeps ..

eg.
I park my Car in a Garage of 8 floors in my building. And I know I have a 4-5 Tls 3G there.... If we prepare a nice PDF in this Forum info .. I'd stick it under their windshield wipers. As a courtesy invitation from a fellow TL owner.

Something like:
"Great Info on your TL so join in..." .. it cud be a downloadable/printable from the acurazine gear section. what do ya'll MODS think?

I know it sounds crazy but what the hell
Old 02-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
I live in Kingstowne, but it wasn't me; my TL is black and I came home via Van Dorn.

I still have the only 3G TL in my office's garage in downtown DC.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Hey 1995hoo;

What county is Kingstowne in?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope it was openin up that v-tech, but would the copper be able to catch ya in there crown vic.

When I saw the cop smiley :cop: i thought of american wedding
Old 02-04-2005, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
Hey 1995hoo;

What county is Kingstowne in?
Fairfax County. If you know where Springfield Mall is, Kingstowne is easy to find. From the mall you can either take Franconia Road east to Van Dorn Street and hang a right, or you can take the Franconia-Springfield Parkway east; it becomes Manchester Boulevard when you pass the Chili's, then it becomes Kingstowne Boulevard when you get to the light in front of the Safeway. Kingstowne is to the north and south of Kingstowne Boulevard and stretches pretty much from Beulah Street to Van Dorn Street.

The homeowners' association web page probably has a map. kingstowne.org
Old 02-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Vroooooom....Vrooooooom!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by crazymjb
I hope it was openin up that v-tech, but would the copper be able to catch ya in there crown vic.

When I saw the cop smiley :cop: i thought of american wedding

This is a little OT, (of course the thread is a little OT, so it probably doesn't matter) Just how much power do the cop versions of the Crown Vic have? Anyone know?

They must add a little power to those things. The cop versions have "Police Interceptor" badging. Anyone know what is sleeping under their hoods?
Old 02-04-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm Baaack!

Originally Posted by ThePianoMan
They must add a little power to those things. The cop versions have "Police Interceptor" badging. Anyone know what is sleeping under their hoods?
Per Ford Website - 2005 Ford Police Interceptor =
4057 lbs curb weight
4.6L V8
250hp@4000rpm
287 ft/lbs @4100
4 speed automatic
But most importantly, don't forget the radio .. it's hard to outrun one of those!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 04:12 PM

It would not be feasible to try to outrun a cop in the area cited in the original post. Most likely the guy who got pulled over was just a dumbass. The speed limit on the parkway in that area is 50 mph, then it drops to 35 mph when you enter the commercial/residential area after you pass the Chili's I mentioned. A lot of people used to do 75 to 80 in the 50 mph zone because it's a wide, straight road with three lanes on a side, and further up the parkway there were some serious wrecks in the past few years, so the cops have been conducting a well-publicized crackdown on speeding on that road. Basically, anyone who gets caught was just being dumb.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Suzuka Master

I really would like to see more torque in the TL. Anyone know what the record 0-60 is, i read somewhere it was 5.7 by a pro with a 6mt. Sounds a little low. Also, crown vics weigh a ton more so I think they can be outrun. Now to find a radio jammer....
Old 02-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Pug
Team Camel, VP for Zaino

Originally Posted by Brewmaster
Per Ford Website - 2005 Ford Police Interceptor =
4057 lbs curb weight
4.6L V8
250hp@4000rpm
287 ft/lbs @4100
4 speed automatic
But most importantly, don't forget the radio .. it's hard to outrun one of those!!!
VS.

3472 lbs curb weight
3.2L V6
270hp@6200
238 ft/lbs @5000
6 speed manual

And most importantly: XM radio tuned to the Playboy channel.

NO CONTEST !
Old 02-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

To crazymjb;

Best time I've seen reported was by Car and Driver in May 2004. The 0-60 was 5.6 seconds and the quarter mile was 14.3 seconds at 99 MPH. The car was an A-Spec, but as you know, the A-Spec has no power enhancements over the standard TL.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by J RIDE 81
Keep in mind, about only 10 percent of TL owners, if not less, actually know about this site.
its too bad that many TL owners don't know about this site.

i once waved at an owner of a white TL w/bodykit who happened to be this really great looking girl, but she just looked at me if i was some horny freak and drove off.

and i waved again to another TL owner, but he thought i wanted to race him. lol.

i was just saying hi from a TL owner to another! gosh! anyways, i will no longer be waving at anyone from now on.

all the TL owners that don't know this site are STUPID! haha, j/k.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

Originally Posted by Pankul
hey I have an idea... to bring more peeps ..

eg.
I park my Car in a Garage of 8 floors in my building. And I know I have a 4-5 Tls 3G there.... If we prepare a nice PDF in this Forum info .. I'd stick it under their windshield wipers. As a courtesy invitation from a fellow TL owner.

Something like:
"Great Info on your TL so join in..." .. it cud be a downloadable/printable from the acurazine gear section. what do ya'll MODS think?

I know it sounds crazy but what the hell
i was just thinking this! mods, would anybody care if we just did this "unauthroized" ??
Old 02-04-2005, 07:36 PM
WDP Is Faster

Originally Posted by zeezz
i was just thinking this! mods, would anybody care if we just did this "unauthroized" ??
A lot of people who drives the TL's are *cough* old people *cough* A lot of them won't even come near this site haha. They view this car as something that will get them from point A to point B. So sad....

JLim- Don't wave lolol..I dunno about you but I would think that the other driver would get scared too. Give a thumbs up. That's what I do and I have never had any bad experiences ahhah.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

To reloaded;

Have to ask, if you don't mind. What do you consider constitutes "old people"?
Old 02-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Team NightHawk VP

anyone over 18 ...im gettin real old...
Old 02-05-2005, 05:02 PM
WDP Is Faster

To reloaded;

Have to ask, if you don't mind. What do you consider constitutes "old people"?
Parents LOLOL Sorry if i offended you man haha. Actually i'm pretty suprised that there are so many parents or adults over 30 in this forum board. I t hink it's because I come from the Clubrsx forum..it's totally diffferent in the age range. Their ages are roughly between 15 (fanboys)- 25 years old.

But don't get me wrong "old people," I think it's really cool how some of you join these type of sites.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Racer

WHEW!!!

I had my own close call today... Had to get from A to B quickly today and while going under a bridge on RT 202 I spotted one of the interceptors pull up on the entrance ramp (with me doing enough over the limit to get snagged).

Luckily for me I was able to slow down fast enough, lol!
Old 02-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Look at it this way. Some of the "old people" on this site have been into cars and have been gearheads before most of you were born. Why would they suddenly change their interests?

And there are a lot of "old people" out there would could easily beat the pants off of a "younger person" in a drag race because of experience and reaction time. Look at Warren Johnson at his prime. Or Bob Glidden. Or a host of the famous drag racers. They just got better with age.

I love it when I pull up to some rice burning car driven by a "kid" who thinks he might take me because I appear to be a bit older than him and don't know squat about launching a car. And then the light changes and I have my fun.

My age? Closer to 60 than 50. But I look about 42-46 most people say. Good genes and other things, I guess. And I still love cars and boats and guns and Rock 'n Roll.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by reloaded
A lot of people who drives the TL's are *cough* old people *cough* A lot of them won't even come near this site haha. They view this car as something that will get them from point A to point B. So sad....

JLim- Don't wave lolol..I dunno about you but I would think that the other driver would get scared too. Give a thumbs up. That's what I do and I have never had any bad experiences ahhah.

I am older and I come to this site! No reason that getting from point A to point B can't be fun. 56 going on 21
Old 02-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Racer

56?

I prefer to think of you as 10 celsius
Old 02-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yoda...I love that. I think I'll convert my age to celsius. Give folks a chance to do some mental gymnastics.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally Posted by reloaded
But don't get me wrong "old people," I think it's really cool how some of you join these type of sites.
LOL! You were two when I started using the internet. "Old people" invented it.

On the topic of flyers, do we really want the soft underbelly of TL ownership joining? Let the people who are really interested find it. I'd rather interact with the upper crust of TL owners than the seething masses.

Mike
Old 02-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Racer

Look at it this way. Some of the "old people" on this site have been into cars and have been gearheads before most of you were born. Why would they suddenly change their interests?

And there are a lot of "old people" out there would could easily beat the pants off of a "younger person" in a drag race because of experience and reaction time. Look at Warren Johnson at his prime. Or Bob Glidden. Or a host of the famous drag racers. They just got better with age.

I love it when I pull up to some rice burning car driven by a "kid" who thinks he might take me because I appear to be a bit older than him and don't know squat about launching a car. And then the light changes and I have my fun.

My age? Closer to 60 than 50. But I look about 42-46 most people say. Good genes and other things, I guess. And I still love cars and boats and guns and Rock 'n Roll.

I think that is beautiful. But I am closer to 30 than 20 and I don't think you want some of me. lol
Old 02-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Racer

bring it on little man

Then again I'm your age and unlike SVT I was using the net before it was the net... so I find that argument a bit specious
Old 02-07-2005, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Repecat
Yoda...I love that. I think I'll convert my age to celsius. Give folks a chance to do some mental gymnastics.
Setting your bathroom scale to kilograms is a great way to lose weight, too.

(I would add a smiley to that but the site seems really slow this morning and I don't feel like waiting around for the smilies to refuse to load.)
Old 02-07-2005, 09:58 AM
i am trying to believe

For all you NOVA drivers, just got my ABP A-Spec w/Nav and Camel ... say hey if ya see me.

~ B.Good
Old 02-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Lightbulb We're everywhere!

Originally Posted by zeezz
There's no problem telling people about your favorite web site.

I will discuss some of your ideas with the other mods and administrators and see if we can come up with an "official" flyer.

Personally, it sounds good to me.

-XP
Acurazine Mod Squad
Old 02-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Computer Techie Geek

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Xpditor
There's no problem telling people about your favorite web site.

I will discuss some of your ideas with the other mods and administrators and see if we can come up with an "official" flyer.

Yippeeee .. lets Hook this up. You make a flyer, and we get our fellow TL'ers on the site. More the people, more sharing, more .... everything
Old 02-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Thumbs down Bearer of bad news

Sorry to deliver the decision but the site administrators have said "No" to using the Acurazine logo or name (as to others making copy). There are trademark issues involved and other plans in the works which conflict.

We are still mulling it over and will try to come up with something that accomplishes the purpose of getting out the word.

Most mods thought a business card would be more likely to be read- but that is a moot point now.

Back to the drawing board......

-XP
Acurazine Mod Squad
Old 02-08-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm Baaack!

Originally Posted by svtmike
do we really want the soft underbelly of TL ownership joining? Let the people who are really interested find it. I'd rather interact with the upper crust of TL owners than the seething masses.

Mike
Yeah like the numbnuts who cut me off twice this morning with a MaryKay bumpersticker on his TL ... Deserves
Old 02-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Advanced

[QUOTE=reloaded]A lot of people who drives the TL's are *cough* old people *cough* A lot of them won't even come near this site haha. They view this car as something that will get them from point A to point B. So sad....

I must be the only 51-year-old female school librarian in this forum! However, just because I'm over 50, female, and a member of a profession that is generally regarded as "stodgy" doesn't mean that I fit that mold! I just bought my RRP/Parchment/5AT/Navi model a week ago and am thoroughly enjoying it! Naturally, being a librarian and all, I researched several different cars and loved the TL from the moment I sat behind the wheel and started the engine. I must have inherited my dad's love of cars. I feel fortunate to have found this website - I am enjoying reading as much as I possibly can about my new car, even though many of the contributors seem to be male and really young! Anyway, thanks for all the info - it's very helpful!
Old 02-14-2005, 06:04 PM
loves his TL!

Talking how 'bout this?!

Originally Posted by Xpditor
Sorry to deliver the decision but the site administrators have said "No" to using the Acurazine logo or name (as to others making copy). There are trademark issues involved and other plans in the works which conflict.

We are still mulling it over and will try to come up with something that accomplishes the purpose of getting out the word.

Most mods thought a business card would be more likely to be read- but that is a moot point now.

Back to the drawing board......

-XP
Acurazine Mod Squad
how about you guys (the mods and admins) sell us small vinyl stickers that say https://acurazine.com or http://www.acura-tl.com on it so we could stick it on our rear window? oh well, just my
Old 02-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Annsue
...I must be the only 51-year-old female school librarian in this forum! However, just because I'm over 50, female, and a member of a profession that is generally regarded as "stodgy" doesn't mean that I fit that mold! I just bought my RRP/Parchment/5AT/Navi model a week ago and am thoroughly enjoying it! Naturally, being a librarian and all, I researched several different cars and loved the TL from the moment I sat behind the wheel and started the engine. I must have inherited my dad's love of cars. I feel fortunate to have found this website - I am enjoying reading as much as I possibly can about my new car, even though many of the contributors seem to be male and really young! Anyway, thanks for all the info - it's very helpful!
Glad to hear these nice words from you. Your case would serve to illustrate the points and purposes of our sites. We try to collect all the info and provide the platform for discussions to all ppll.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Thumbs up Congratulations..

AnnSue: Congratulations on your new car and welcome to Acurazine and the TL family.

You are not the only "mature" member here. Many of us are past the "spring chicken" stage.

That's one of the charms of the site: our diversity. And, of course, our love for our Acuras.

I'm sure that your participation here will be mutually rewarding.

-XP
Acurazine Mod Squad