Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

white paint on the road.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
white paint on the road.

Well im driving to work today and as I am making a left turn, I notice some white paint spilled on the road in my lane. I managed to see it before the guy in front of me did so I was able to avoid it by swerving to the left of it. Unfortunately the guy in front of me drove right through it, and I ended up with paint spatters on the sides of my car; somehow they ended up on the rear bumper as well

By the time I got to work the paint was dried. I was afraid of trying to wipe it off with a wet cloth in fear that it would make it wet again and spread. Fortunately it came off very easily by just LIGHTLY scraping it off with my fingernail. I didn't even have to apply ANY pressure, just moving it back in forth got it off easily. My nails are VERY short (below the end of my finger). It looks like the paint didn't even really stick to the car. I had this guy put some teflon paint protectant on my entire car back in December, so maybe that was the reason it came of easily?

I had a guy who i used to work with last year not be so lucky. His 3 month old gold Honda Accord ended up driving through freshly spilt YELLOW paint that was all over the road on the highway. He said he saw the paint can fall off the truck, but there was nothing he could do. He immediately rinsed it off when he got off the highway but said there was still a yellow tint.

Why don't people secure their stuff when they are driving on PUBLIC roads????? That sh*t pisses me off!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 08:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
Why don't people secure their stuff when they are driving on PUBLIC roads????? That sh*t pisses me off!!!
I don't understand it either. This is a really bad problem in the Atlanta area.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by dan.....k
yeah really. You heard about that guy that was killed here a few years ago because he hit a washing machine on the highway? Some dumbass didn't secure it properly and it fell into the road. It was at night so the poor guy probably didn't even see it until it was too late.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never fear. If it dries its ok. Use a claybar the take it off. Or some very light acrylic solvent in the shade.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Straight outta JERSEY ...

in my old 2002 TL Type S i actually went through the paint! Both sides of my car were completely white (the car was aegean blue). It took 2 details to get all the paint removed from the car ........

throwing or spilling paint on the road is just UNCALLED for ......
Old 02-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
A couple of years ago I was driving to work and, as usual, I put the traffic report on the radio. I quickly changed my route for the day when I heard that my on-ramp to the Beltway was closed because a box of nails had fallen off a truck and had burst open when it hit the pavement. I think that anyone who causes that sort of incident should have his license suspended.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by dan.....k
I think I'm a magnet for these things

1.) Got on freeway behind U-Haul truck. Noticed the back gate was open. Ratchet flow out of the U-Haul, and cracked my windshield.
2.) Got on main road, and the Tundra in front of me didn't secure any of the flat boxes he had in the back. One caught the wind, and sailed right towards me, leaving a gouge in my hood.
3.) Driving behind a Ford F-150 on the freeway. Toolbox flew out, and smacked my car dead-center in the bumper. Thankfully it hit my license plate, but it broke my license plate bracket, and left a series of scrapes on the bumper next to it. (It I would've ran plateless I'm sure I'd have a cracked bumper, as I dragged that thing on the freeway several hundred feet)
4.) Was passenger, when wife was driving. Chevy truck next to us had a 12 ft ladder leaning against the passenger cab. It looked to be secured. But on the curve on the freeway, it fell down, and stuck out about 6ft or so to the side. Didn't hit us, but scared the crap out of us.
5.) Driving behind a chevy truck... Noticed they had a full size backyard gas bbq in the back that wasn't tied down at all. It was bouncing and rolling all over the place. This time I learned my lesson and pulled over to put as much distance between me and the idiot as possible.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Riu
2004 TL

Originally Posted by avs007

1.) Got on freeway behind U-Haul truck. Noticed the back gate was open. Ratchet flow out of the U-Haul, and cracked my windshield.
2.) Got on main road, and the Tundra in front of me didn't secure any of the flat boxes he had in the back. One caught the wind, and sailed right towards me, leaving a gouge in my hood.
3.) Driving behind a Ford F-150 on the freeway. Toolbox flew out, and smacked my car dead-center in the bumper. Thankfully it hit my license plate, but it broke my license plate bracket, and left a series of scrapes on the bumper next to it. (It I would've ran plateless I'm sure I'd have a cracked bumper, as I dragged that thing on the freeway several hundred feet)
4.) Was passenger, when wife was driving. Chevy truck next to us had a 12 ft ladder leaning against the passenger cab. It looked to be secured. But on the curve on the freeway, it fell down, and stuck out about 6ft or so to the side. Didn't hit us, but scared the crap out of us.
5.) Driving behind a chevy truck... Noticed they had a full size backyard gas bbq in the back that wasn't tied down at all. It was bouncing and rolling all over the place. This time I learned my lesson and pulled over to put as much distance between me and the idiot as possible.

Sorry to hear about all that. But i found it funny that you thought of all this when you read this post. I was thinking to myself about how this has never happened to me.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by avs007

Did the people stop when they did all of this? I agree with 1995Hoo that people should start having licesense suspended for things like this.