3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where's a good dealership to buy from in Toronto?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's a good dealership to buy from in Toronto?

Hey guys, have any of you bought or started negotiating with the dearlerships in the Toronto area? Who's a good dealership to go to who will give you a good deal on a trade in? I'm not so much concerned about service later on, just concerned about the money I'll get on my trade in.
Old 10-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Instructor

I have dealt with Erin Mills, Downtown and now Acura East. The best sales person I have found is Deborah McDougall. She has a web site, Http://www.deborahmcdougall.com. It mainly tells you her hours of work and contact numbers. I have found her to be very good so far. She is honest and straight forward. I don't have my car yet so I can't comment on the dealership as a whole. I bought my 99 TL from Downtown Acura. They seemed ok too. The sales person was Ajay. Can't remember his last name. Tell them you were talking to the guy from Kingston.
Old 10-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want very little haggling from a salesman, then Markham truly is the best dealer in the GTA. Their sales people simply ask if you need any assistance, and then stay out of your way as you get lost in your love for the car. If you have any questions, they're more then willing to help you out. And IMO they have the absolute best service dept. Very patient, always willing to help and fix your problem.

All in all, the best dealer experience I've had so far.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Instructor

Forgot about the new Markham dealership. Good to know they have good service.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by OldGuy
Forgot about the new Markham dealership. Good to know they have good service.
good service??? They have amazing service. I will never take my car anywhere else, unless circumstances force me too, ala on vacation out of the country. Even if I lived in Kingston like you, trust me, it's sooooo worth the drive. What I like is having piece of mind that once they fix your problem, the chances of it coming back are slim to none. If it does come back, it's usually because another part of the car is causing it.

I find that Markham service guys are very thorough and in depth, they very rarely overlook something. Like I said, I'll continue to take my car to Markham, so long as North Toronto Acura continues treating my car like sh*t.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Pro

How about for a good deal on a new car? Which dealership do you think is willing to negotiate on price.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:56 AM
7th Gear

A word from the west end

Acura on Brant, which is in Burlington, is my preferred Acura dealer.

I bought a '00 TL there after shopping for one at Erin Mills Acura. No professionalism by the one guy at Erin Mills that I talked to (basically told me they don't go under MSRP, period). Acura on Brant treated me with respect, and I got a good deal. I then went back there the next year for a second vehicle, the '01 MDX. Went in the week it was released. Put onto a waiting list but then bumped up when someone cancelled. Same sales rep each time - Stan Newey. Fabulous man. Stellar demeanour and a pleasure to do business with.

Have had some problems with the '00 TL driver's side SRS light, repeated visits to correct it in the seat. Excellent service centre.
Andrew - service manager - and Adam are first rate.

Excellent dealership overall.