3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to service my TL in NYC? or Nassau Long island?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 02:02 PM
A-SPEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to service my TL in NYC? or Nassau Long island?

bought my car in NJ DCH, bit too far to drive from Queens...
Wondering if i can get any good service dept recommendations
Old 09-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Racer

Where in Queens are you? I sometimes take it to Rallye Acura in Roslyn, NY (Long Island). Their service dept. is pretty decent.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:41 PM
A-SPEC

Rallye Acura is about 15mins away from where I live (Little neck)
Old 09-18-2006, 03:06 PM
ABP TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rallye acura is pretty good (done it once over there!!) or you can try acura of manhattan. however if you want to go to the acura of manhattan, you will have to make an early appointment coz over there is pack all the time...
Old 09-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I would say avoid Paragon Acura. Service dept is very hit or miss. I think it depends on what you're doing. Oil changes they can manage.
I took my TL into Paragon for rattles on driver-side door/window. When I picked up the car, they had left a lot of grease around the entire perimeter of the sunroof. Of course the rattle was still still there.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Racer

Whatever you do, stay away from Paragon Acura and Acura of Brooklyn. They are the worst when it comes to service.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
yea paragon is the worst dealer/service...they were also the most expensive dealer that quoted me for the 06TL $35k plus while others were quoting me around $32-33k. Dont forget you can also get your car service at Honda dealers
Old 09-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by coykiam
yea paragon is the worst dealer/service...they were also the most expensive dealer that quoted me for the 06TL $35k plus while others were quoting me around $32-33k. Dont forget you can also get your car service at Honda dealers
Good point about service at Honda dealers. However, within the warranty period, should we let Honda techs touch our Acura? Are they knowledgeable enough ... though I can trust them with oil changes and minor things.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:58 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by simonsez
bought my car in NJ DCH, bit too far to drive from Queens...
Wondering if i can get any good service dept recommendations
I agree. Paragon is the one to avoid. Try anywhere except Paragon.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
stay away from rallye.

my favorite is island acura on sunrise highway, but that's a bit far for you. valley stream acura is OK.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
ummmm... i never had a problem with Paragon parts department although there is one guy in the servise dep.. who is a real asshole, i forgot his name but i think it was jose or something, kina chubby ,bold, hispanic. but on the other hand there is kevin tall,black guy *not trying to be racist* who is really nice. if u have to go there ask for him, everyone else pretty much is a ass over there.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
but then again i think the only reason the parts dep.. is cool with me is cuz my family has been dealing with them since we bouth our 97 tl. and BTW i get 25% overthere too hehe.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Intermediate

Just picked up my TL from Rallye today. One of the reasons I bought from them, besides that they are 15-20 min from me, is that I heard their service dept. is pretty good. Also read decent comments on Valley Stream's svc. dept. both within Nassau.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:38 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Rallye is sweet, but wont break the rules (install A-Spec susp. w/o wheels) and things like that. Service... A+
Old 09-18-2006, 07:39 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
see Michael Denfeld.. he knows EVERYTHING about ANYTHING TL/Comptech/A-Spec
Old 09-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Shift_faster

^ Michael Denfeld or Stephen Greiner. They do what I ask (except for crap that they won't warranty).

I don't deal with anyone else at Rallye. For a dealership they aren't bad. I can think of worse. However, if you are looking for a low-cost service shop, this isn't really it.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:04 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Oddly enough, Paragon's parts department had the best price when I called around for wiper blade rubber refill replacements.

Still wouldn't get my car serviced there though.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
I bought at Rallye and I've used their service dept. for maintenance. Very satisfied with them. Ask to get on their list for discount coupons.

Stay away from Paragon. Don't buy there, don't use their service dept., they're poison!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
I got my 05 TL at Rallye (I live in Glen Oaks) and they're very reliable. Great servicing there.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Pro

i got my tl from smithtown acura...they also did all my service so far and have nothing but good things to say about them, but it depends on location too cause smithtown is alil hike from queens.

bforbrian, what part of glen oaks? i live in floral park off hillside

Travis
Old 09-19-2006, 06:46 PM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

Received 120 Likes on 119 Posts
Got mine from Rallye acura, purchasing and bargain was excellent. As for Paragon I totally agree with the others, I had a horrible time with them when looking around...finally ended up at Rallye. I am due for my first oil change service about 2wks, will follow up and let you guys know.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

i got mine from RAllye about a month ago...paid a tad more than the other price quoted but it was the closest. Havent tried their service, but have tried Rallye MB and they were pretty good.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Instructor

i think the service at rallye is fine. my only complaint is it closes at 6 and if you need a loaner they said 5:30. wish it closed at like 7.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Riu
2004 TL

Acura of Valley Stream is most of the time good. I would say its worth trying. Where i bought it.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Stephen Greiner is the man. the other guy tried to screw me bad.
Rallye is right down the road & i never go there.
they made $300 on my new 06 & i never came back.
except for free valve caps & small parts
Old 09-28-2006, 02:07 AM
7th Gear

Rally refuse to serive my car!!!" they said i didnt purchase the car from them, so they are not going to take my car.." the service manager is an ass...
I am ok with paragon, most guys are cool beside the one that mention above( chubby, bold hispanic short guy name jorge; a real asshole...!!! try to blow me away by using shitty excuses.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:17 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by icefire0621
Rally refuse to serive my car!!!" they said i didnt purchase the car from them, so they are not going to take my car.." the service manager is an ass...
I am ok with paragon, most guys are cool beside the one that mention above( chubby, bold hispanic short guy name jorge; a real asshole...!!! try to blow me away by using shitty excuses.
They can't refuse to service your car whether or not you purchased from them.
Is there something else to this you neglected to mention?

99% of the New Yawkiz here wouldn't touch Paragon with a 10 ft pole.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Instructor

Rallye Acura always does this type of shit. They always change the rules to suit themselves. Earlier this year they had to repair the memory for the seat positions. They needed my car for two days, they wouldn't give me a loaner. All of a sudden you have to be 25 years old to get a loaner. When I bought the car the salesman never mentioned this to me. Even though he knew I was 22 at the time. And on top of that their service managers are so full of shit. I wish Acura would call me up for a survey to see how their service is.

Try to stay away from paragon. That guy Jorge Doesn't look all that honest. He is kinda rude.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Instructor

just call up acura and complain. dont wait for a survey after some service. then again stuff like loaner policy and stuff is up to the dealership. either way you can alwasy complain directly to acura.

Originally Posted by nycACURA
Rallye Acura always does this type of shit. They always change the rules to suit themselves. Earlier this year they had to repair the memory for the seat positions. They needed my car for two days, they wouldn't give me a loaner. All of a sudden you have to be 25 years old to get a loaner. When I bought the car the salesman never mentioned this to me. Even though he knew I was 22 at the time. And on top of that their service managers are so full of shit. I wish Acura would call me up for a survey to see how their service is.

Try to stay away from paragon. That guy Jorge Doesn't look all that honest. He is kinda rude.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Instructor

I would ask Rallye if you could borrow a phone. Call Acura Client Services, then hand the phone back to the service guy and ask him to repeat what he said to you about not servicing your car. They can give a higher priority to cars that they sell, but they cannot refuse you service. It violates their franchise agreement with Acura.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by nycACURA

I am under 25, and I get a loaner if my car is needed for more than a day. That is bs. I've heard them refusing warranty work if you didn't purchase the car from them. I haven't faced it myself, but if I did I would have a problem with that.

I don't think that is up to the dealership. To completely refuse a car needing warranty work?
Old 09-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

all i kno from rallye is that for Rallye MB, they wont give you a loaner unless you got the car from them, even though i was able to get a loaner for 3 times. But since they were the closest MB dealer in the area I had no choice but to take it to them.

Now when I bought my TL from Rallye Acura, I asked the salesman regarding loaner cars. he said you would only get it if they do major work or so, they wont loan you for oil change or so. I dont know if this includes regular service maintenance. I got my Acura from the only asian guy there, Patrick Lai, hopefully their dam service wont screw me when it comes or else they're so called "upscale-luxury" rep will be ruined.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Intermediate

What kind of service were you asking them to do? If its something that isn't to specs, then I could see why, but if its normal service, then I find it hard to believe they completely refused service. They might tell you that they won't be able to take service your car today if they have a backlog of cars to work on from customers who bought from their dealership, but they shouldn't completely refuse. As coykiam mentioned, Rallye does have a reputation to protect and if you were truly mistreated then a call to Acura is warranted.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:06 PM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
Smile Paragon Acura

Sorry for the insult, but I've serviced 3 Acuras, in the last 7 years there.
Leased my latest '05 TL there as well.
Service couldn't be better; Ask for Jeff
Lease price was the LOWEST, in the entire tri-state area
They solicited me through email, & treated me royally!
Go Paragon
Old 09-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
acura of westchester but that's a bit far for you.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Pro

Comparing their sales department, Rallye definitely seems more reputable than Paragon. I have no experience with either of their service dept, but I tend to think Rallye would come out on top. The drawback for Rallye is that they have relatively short service hours.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
acura of valley streams denies to do any work on my car cause they claim its too low..was there today..needed an alignment and they claim they cant make it up on the lift...so i was like ok and tried to explain that they need to come at an angle and they would not listen so i left and went to another shop with the same exact machine and they had no problem gettin the car on the ramps..it worked out in my favor though..cuz i paid 1/2 what the dealer was charging...acura v.s. nevered tightened my axle nuts...i told them about it 3 times and they always say its something else....they over charge for their parts... i had damaged my front y-pipe and they tried chargin me about $500 for the pipe...then they reduced it to $350 to make it seem as i was gettin a deal when delrayacura sells it for $230 or somehting like that...ever since all this i've started to dislike acura of v.s.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by StYLeZz101
acura of valley streams denies to do any work on my car cause they claim its too low..was there today..needed an alignment and they claim they cant make it up on the lift...so i was like ok and tried to explain that they need to come at an angle and they would not listen so i left and went to another shop with the same exact machine and they had no problem gettin the car on the ramps..it worked out in my favor though..cuz i paid 1/2 what the dealer was charging...acura v.s. nevered tightened my axle nuts...i told them about it 3 times and they always say its something else....they over charge for their parts... i had damaged my front y-pipe and they tried chargin me about $500 for the pipe...then they reduced it to $350 to make it seem as i was gettin a deal when delrayacura sells it for $230 or somehting like that...ever since all this i've started to dislike acura of v.s.

yo asif where did u get ur alignment done?

P.S..u need a set of 20s? im selling....sorry for the highjacking
Old 09-30-2006, 09:38 AM
1999 CL3.0

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
drop it off at Rallye and have lunch or dinner @ the Jolly Fisherman,

classy seafood- i love that place
Old 10-03-2006, 06:08 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by CPR
Sorry for the insult, but I've serviced 3 Acuras, in the last 7 years there.
Leased my latest '05 TL there as well.
Service couldn't be better; Ask for Jeff
Lease price was the LOWEST, in the entire tri-state area
They solicited me through email, & treated me royally!
Go Paragon
CPR,
consider yourself lucky.
I have been to paragon 3 times.
When I went in for only a simply oil change, everything was fine.
When I went in and mentioned rattles, they could not hear them until I pointed them out.
When I return to have the rattles fixed, they left grease smeared on my roof, around the entire sunroof. Rattle still there.

Quick Reply: where to service my TL in NYC? or Nassau Long island?