3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to get an oil change, and how much $ ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Honda Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, alot of responses to this question. I am a service advisor at Fairfax Honda. Been there 5 years. I have seen alot of vehicles come through with stripped drain plugs and pans. Our vehicles have aluminum oil pans(very easily over tightened). This is due to the previous repair facility known as Jiffy Lube or Goodyear. This franchise will not warranty there work. Dealerships are multi-million dollar businesses with very good insurance. This means they will fix a f*** up if it happens. Jiffy lube also uses plastic crush washers that commonly leak oil. They do use a Fram oil filter which Honda oil filters are made by Fram. Jiffy Lube also hires anybody, and when I say anybody, I mean the kid on your street that drives that lowered pick-up with house speakers in the back and the radio that got stolen from your next door neighbors car. Sorry, I know somebody that works there. Anyways the more you spend at the dealer you will also get high mileage benefits. The little thing called "Goodwill". I cover things under goodwill all the time. Catalytic converters after 80k miles no problem as long as spend money there and have a good history with me. And not only does the dealer have this but American Honda/Acura has this as well. 1-800-999-5901 if you need it. Transmissions, display went bad on your radio, or your A/C compressor blew up, call them. Seriously folks the dealer is not as bad as people think. They have alot more to lose. All of my techs get paid very well for what they do and they do it very well. The only complaint as a consumer myself is the parking valets. Lot damage is common, more than likey from inexperienced drivers. All 33 of my techs are certified by Honda for all warranty repairs and maintenance. If you have any questions regarding any of this come on by any time and ask for me. I will give you your first oil change for free. After that $35.95 plus tax. Jiffy lube is $48.95 plus whatever other scam they sell. Thanks for reading.......Josh