3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy Aspec kit for 3G TL (unpainted)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Where to buy Aspec kit for 3G TL (unpainted)?

hey AcuraZine!
does anyone know where i can find a OEM unpainted Aspec kit? preferably a website? i know the dealers sell them painted for around 700, but im looking for one not painted so i can paint it myself and save some cash on it.. I painted car parts before so i know what im doing when it comes to painting.

Also i need a little advice from you guys..
there is a guy selling Aspec kit replica? fiberglass, unpainted ...I'm thinking about buying it.. but i need your advice so let me know should i get it or not.?
Heres the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...Q5fAccessories

Thanks
A lot for your help/advice
Old 08-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Im not sure if you'll be saving as much as you think considering fiberglass is more prone to cracking on minor fender benders. It may not include installation instructions, screws and brackets to secure it with and the fit and finish around gaps may be a bit off than OEM. If you have the skill and time to correct those problems and still have change in your pocket then go for it. For the majority in the forum, the hassle negates the money you save by not buying OEM.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
Originally Posted by chardness
Im not sure if you'll be saving as much as you think considering fiberglass is more prone to cracking on minor fender benders. It may not include installation instructions, screws and brackets to secure it with and the fit and finish around gaps may be a bit off than OEM. If you have the skill and time to correct those problems and still have change in your pocket then go for it. For the majority in the forum, the hassle negates the money you save by not buying OEM.
agree, the extra money spent on just getting the real pre-painted factory one is well worth it. You won't have to worry about fitment and color match, you won't have to worry about the hardware and the kit breaking/cracking and as well you will save a TON of time that you can use on other basic maintenance such as fluid changes or just cleaning the car up!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:41 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
I agree with both of them....

Either do it right or dont do it at all....I know the money crunch is everywhere but I would suggest putting ($400 is the ebay listing + and extra $300) and you can get an OEM one shipped for ~$700 from ACKTL05....

I would recommend going that route
Old 08-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
in addition the suggestion you can check out the black market and you may find a good deal on a used or even new one
Old 08-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Wallet raped by my

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
Buying from a Acura dealer will also get you a warranty. Since the item is being sold by an Acura dealer, it should come with a 1 year warranty good at any Acura dealer. All you need is the original invoice that should be shipped with the item.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
The OEM is high quality and finished off and flows with the car perfectly. You will have no regrets. If you have a custom color, yea it is worth sanding it down and repainting with OEM. Don't even chance a FG kit. Consider that that part of the front and rear and side spoilers will need considerable flexing during installation/resinstallation, even if you are trying to remove your bumpers. I have probably taken my front bumper off 20 times by now. Glad that Acura put quality into it that is up to par with the rest of the car. Consider also that you will maintain your resale value with things that are desirable. If you lower your car, expect to hit a parking block or driveway for sure. I've done it so many times yet my bodykit looks great.

TLs look great just stock as well, I've seen too many people who try too hard and ruin the whole look of the car. But go all the way and do it right the 1st time.

Last edited by rockyfeller; 08-16-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i would like to thank everyone for the comments and advice!
i appreciate it a lot. thanks for the info on fiberglass cracking....Im going to go with OEM which covers 1 year warranty.
thanks again